CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Europe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/europe/)
-   -   Spare Parts UK (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/europe/83115-spare-parts-uk.html)

SKW2962 02-28-2021 12:25 PM

Spare Parts UK

My girl is beginning to show her age - 2006 Coupe - nothing major yet, but it just seems to be a little something each time she's serviced. Currently, I need to find (if the garage doesn't) a hood latch release cable and latch.
So, the question is specific to that part, but generally as well for the future, is there a good place to find parts in the UK - supplier of new or a good salvage yard with Crossfires? If not, has anyone in the UK found a reputable off shore source of parts?
Sandy

Toolman 03-01-2021 08:12 AM

Re: Spare Parts UK

The Crossfire is a Mercedes SLK320 under the skin. You will find buying Mercedes aftermarket parts easier and less expensive.

ala_xfire 03-01-2021 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Toolman (Post 953703)
The Crossfire is a Mercedes SLK320 under the skin. You will find buying Mercedes aftermarket parts easier and less expensive.

Or SLK32 AMG for SRT6 specific parts.

Fla_Xfire_SRT 03-02-2021 02:11 PM

~ We found the last known to exist (2)-OEM supercharger pulleys in a Fiat warehouse in the UK. Not sure where in the UK. Check your Fiat sources and find where they squirreled away the Chrysler parts.
Just a suggestion.

ZERACER 03-03-2021 01:19 PM

What are the part numbers?

SKW2962 03-04-2021 05:18 AM

Thanks all.
Toolman, it seems engine parts are compatible, but not these peripheral items.
Fla_Xfire_SRT, even Fiat have most Crossfire parts as obsolete.
ZERACER, sorry don't know the parts number.

Anyway, the garage has told me they can fix the current parts, once they figure out how to open the hood which is stuck closed. Fortunately, due to a post by onehundred80, I've been able to tell how to do that.
Sandy

THETESTER 03-04-2021 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by SKW2962 (Post 953686)
My girl is beginning to show her age - 2006 Coupe - nothing major yet, but it just seems to be a little something each time she's serviced. Currently, I need to find (if the garage doesn't) a hood latch release cable and latch.
So, the question is specific to that part, but generally as well for the future, is there a good place to find parts in the UK - supplier of new or a good salvage yard with Crossfires? If not, has anyone in the UK found a reputable off shore source of parts?
Sandy

These guys are a good place to start. I have never used them, but if its on their website it's available somewhere.

Chrysler Crossfire parts and accessories

SKW2962 03-05-2021 04:52 AM

THETESTER,

Thank you. Looks to be a very good site, have bookmarked it for future use.

Sandy