CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   SSB paint codes (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/17340-ssb-paint-codes.html)

apkano 08-13-2007 11:45 PM

SSB paint codes

Anyone know what the paint codes are for touch up paint for the SSB color?

Some miserable S***WORM scratched the hell out of my front bumper today. Probably another self absorbed jackas* who relies on the "park-by-feel" method!

GRRR!!! :mad:

phyrephlyte 08-14-2007 01:38 AM

Re: SSB paint codes

I used to react like that and the careless action of others will always bother me. However after totaling my coupe last Monday which left my bumper lying on the ground, I'm trying to keep it in perspective. I have a great paint guy, but I would never want a car that has to be rebuilt by people who normally just try to FIX things.

Sorry about your bumper.
Rich

crossfirefun 08-14-2007 04:22 PM

The touch up paint that came with my SSB is: 05127585AB with a PS3 code on the bottle. This is straight from the dealer I bought it from.

apkano 08-15-2007 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by crossfirefun
The touch up paint that came with my SSB is: 05127585AB with a PS3 code on the bottle. This is straight from the dealer I bought it from.

Appreciate that...I guess I'll drag my butt up to the dealer and see if I can get them to order some for me.

ben47 08-15-2007 09:21 PM

Good luck with the SSB touch up paint. It's a horrible match, way too dark...

crossfirefun 08-16-2007 04:11 PM

I had a chip repaired on mine and it matches pretty good. Almost can't see it. You have to get right up to the bumper.

woody 08-16-2007 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by ben47
Good luck with the SSB touch up paint. It's a horrible match, way too dark...

Interestingly I found there are at least three 'recipes' for SSB when I went to get paint a while back. I didn't have the car with me so couldn't check the code and just took pot luck. The shade can be significantly altered by the way it is applied. It looks far too dark when touching up by brush, but thinned out and airbrushed on it is a lot lighter.

apkano 08-16-2007 10:13 PM

This is sounding like more and more of a pain in the, well you know!

Deepsea21 11-22-2021 05:51 PM

Picked this up from Amazon. Little pricey but a perfect match.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cro...6b6e4de335.jpg

BPCR45-70 04-11-2024 02:14 PM

My new to me SSB roadster came with a 3" scratch on the front bumper that was past the paint and into the plastic. I bought the correct touchup pen along with the clearcoat.

I did the best I knew how and it still looks like krap. It's too dark and too rough around the edges. And every time I look at this nearly perfect car all I see is this scar on the front bumper. The decision is to remove, sand, prep and re-paint the whole front bumper so it looks like new, like the rest of the car.

I have been searching around for the correct paint and am a bit confused and uneasy. Can someone who has already painted (not with touch up paint) or had painted their 2005 SSB advise or recommend the correct paint, brand, and where to buy it?

Thanks in advance.

DTMenace 04-12-2024 05:00 PM

BPCR45-70
Since you have a 3" scratch on a bumper, I would suggest that you take it to a high-end body shop for a potential partial or total bumper respray vs. using a touch up brush to resolve your existing scratch. The SSB paint code is PS3. The other numbers are related to a sales code 368/BS3.
Good luck...
Dennis
DTMenace

dedwards0323 04-12-2024 06:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by apkano (Post 148303)
This is sounding like more and more of a pain in the, well you know!

Keep the attached file for future reference. Provides all the color codes for the Crossfire Model Years. It is listed in the reference materials on this forum. The Crossfire Model Series is ZH.

BPCR45-70 04-15-2024 09:52 AM

Thanks guys. I have a friend who paints hot rods and custom cars as a sideline business who could do the painting. I would like to take the car and the paint materials to his shop where I would do all the prep work and he would do the painting.

Would a quart of the PS3 be enough to paint the entire front bumper. Also, do I need a can of primer and a can of clear? And finally, what brand would you recommend and where to buy.

ZERACER 04-15-2024 10:34 AM

I would talk to your friend. He must be quite knowledgeable and would be doing the painting.