CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   Tips for removing side markers??? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/37996-tips-removing-side-markers.html)

BoilerUpXFire 10-06-2009 10:53 AM

Tips for removing side markers???

I have searched and found to use a credit card or the like for side marer removal and have seen the pics of the markers removed, but now I have a bulb out and can not seem to take one out without doing something I feel may hurt the car. I was hoping others out there had some tips they could share. Thanks in advance. I am hoping to remove all 4 because I bought LED bulbs I would like to use so info on front AND rear would be great (if they are much different).

John

FP 10-06-2009 11:14 AM

Re: Tips for removing side markers???

I've used a plastic orange peeler, or a small screw driver that I out electric tape around it, or put masking tape on the paint where you will pry it off.

BoilerUpXFire 10-06-2009 02:42 PM

Do I start from the front or rear and do I lift or pull or what?? Need more info. Thanks.

FP 10-06-2009 02:46 PM

Pry, and pull from the end closest to the wheel well. They come off rather easy. I take them off every time I polish the car.

James1549 10-06-2009 03:58 PM

Next you will ask how to get the "bulb out" light to turn off on the dash...

James

BoilerUpXFire 10-06-2009 05:19 PM

Come on now James, I am truly hoping this was a joke as I have replaced every other bulb in my car inside and out with LEDs and have helped several other members with other aspects of LED lighting. Thank you for the advice FP. I am going to take another try at it now....

James1549 10-06-2009 05:29 PM

John, do you have a 'base' model? The LIMITED models have a "light out" dash light and an LED will cause it to come on.... been there, done that. It was not a joke. Your turn Max, tell him I am not joking.

James

BoilerUpXFire 10-06-2009 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by James1549
John, do you have a 'base' model? The LIMITED models have a "light out" dash light and an LED will cause it to come on.... been there, done that. It was not a joke. Your turn Max, tell him I am not joking.

James

Done

I understand James, and I do have a base, no funny light out signal - ever, but have upgraded lighting in my parents limited roadster, so I am well aware of the issue. I just thought you were giving me crap LOL.

And now I understand why the nudge, that was easy as hell. The first time I attempted, I only tried in one corner and that corner, the clip was messed up and difficult to remove. I just tried another corner, ease breazy, and now they are all done.

Thanks guys!

James1549 10-06-2009 05:47 PM

John, Honestly, I never even thought about you having a base model. No offense intended. Doing LED upgrades on base models shouldn't be a problem at all.

Sorry, James

BoilerUpXFire 10-06-2009 05:54 PM

John, Honestly, I never even thought about you having a base model. No offense intended. Doing LED upgrades on base models shouldn't be a problem at all.

Sorry, James

No problem at all buddy,I thought you were giving me some crap and that was not your intention at all :)

Although I do have an interesting case for you....

I installed (a few weeks ago) a set of 20 LED blubs in each of my brake lights, everything worked as it should, except for when the headlights were turned on the third brake light stayed lit and the other 2 brake lights stayed lit to non-braking intensity, even when braking. When the headlights were off, no problems at all, everything functioned as it should have. Any ideas??

James1549 10-06-2009 06:18 PM

Without knowing exactly how you wired it up, it sounds like a ground problem you may have created. That is just a guess sitting here at the keyboard.

James

BoilerUpXFire 10-07-2009 08:14 AM

Without knowing exactly how you wired it up, it sounds like a ground problem you may have created. That is just a guess sitting here at the keyboard.

James

I believed the same to be true. But honestly, there was no wiring, the bulbs were the same style connector, but nstead of 1 incandescent bulb, they have 20 LEDs - totally plug and play. Maybe the car just does not like them ;) But man, they sure did look good, bright as hell.

Beaner 10-07-2009 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
But man, they sure did look good, bright as hell

Thats pretty bright!