CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   New Spoiler Cap (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/44946-new-spoiler-cap.html)

HyprLtH20 09-01-2010 04:20 AM

New Spoiler Cap

Many of you suggested it.. So heres my design

It will be made of ABS plastic and fit on top of the factory spoiler covering it entirely

Price will be $200- includes paint and 3M adhesive

Let me know what you think.

Production can be just a few weeks away if the interest is there...

Photoshop mock-up (thanks to MAYAman for letting me use his photo to edit over):
http://a.imageshack.us/img62/7757/st...erspinesma.jpg

racehorse 09-01-2010 06:39 AM

Re: New Spoiler Cap

This I like & would buy. Depending on quality & price.:cool:

Black03AR 09-01-2010 07:37 AM

As per Racehorse's comments, I'm also in dependant on quality and price. Can you give us an idea on a price? Also will these come painted body colour or in primer?

InfernoRedXfire 09-01-2010 07:43 AM

Looks great! I would buy at a reasonable price.

siXFold 09-01-2010 08:44 AM

Depending on quality, price, and more pics (maybe with the spoiler in the up position, different angles,etc) I would be interested.

JHM2K 09-01-2010 08:47 AM

It would look great wrapped in CF...

Having said that, I won't be buying, but ONLY because I have the lil flipper's big brother in place... ;)

IBLUBYU 09-01-2010 09:09 AM

Hmmm ..... I'm definitely NOT an engineer, but I wonder just what the additional down-force would be added to the real spoiler at 65 to 70 mph when the spoiler deploys, and would it contribute to problems of the "real" spoiler at some point. I personally drive an SRT roadster and don't need the effect of a "spoiler", but I just would re-think the notion of sticking on a plastic body part across the back of my classic car just because it might make my car stand-out. If you think about it, you'd only make it "different" in the eyes of another xFire owner! The average person wouldn't notice anything. Just my $.02

With that said ..... I agree that you are one of the few to think about and try to market new items of our xFires and I encourage you to keep up the work.

Joliet John 09-01-2010 10:36 AM

I think that's one of the coolest looking add-ons I've seen for the XFire. Not sure what effect it might have though. It's unlikely any of us has a wind tunnel available for testing. For the right price, I'd consider buying one.

HyprLtH20 09-01-2010 12:02 PM

If I were to estimate a price window.. (and this is just an estimation and not a quoted/ final price) Id have to say about $250 to $300.

Price depends on cost of production. I always try to price my items as low as possible. Once I have a finished master part I can get a quote for production and have a finalized price on these. I dont expect it to be any where out of that price window though

Black03AR 09-01-2010 12:04 PM

Is that painted or unpainted?

HyprLtH20 09-01-2010 12:18 PM

I can either have it come painted or have it come primered.

Black03AR 09-01-2010 12:27 PM

Please keep us updated as to the development of this and your other projects.

Keep up the good work!

JHM2K 09-01-2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
Hmmm ..... I'm definitely NOT an engineer, but I wonder just what the additional down-force would be added to the real spoiler at 65 to 70 mph when the spoiler deploys, and would it contribute to problems of the "real" spoiler at some point. I personally drive an SRT roadster and don't need the effect of a "spoiler", but I just would re-think the notion of sticking on a plastic body part across the back of my classic car just because it might make my car stand-out. If you think about it, you'd only make it "different" in the eyes of another xFire owner! The average person wouldn't notice anything. Just my $.02

With that said ..... I agree that you are one of the few to think about and try to market new items of our xFires and I encourage you to keep up the work.

Seeing as this is a duck-tail design, I don't believe it would add much downforce. The SRT design is a true wing and adds a very noticeable push down on the hind-quarters.

This new add-on WOULD, however, assist the normal spoiler in disrupting the airflow, especially as speeds climb. Aesthetically, I think it would help immensely as it would add a bit more visual weight to the rear of the car when the spoiler is retracted.

If I still had the small spoiler, I'd be all over it.

Mad_Med05X 09-01-2010 01:10 PM

I'm glad your keeping the spine like I did with the hood!

offshoreMM 09-01-2010 01:52 PM

Looks nice, does it attached with just double sided tape?

I'd buy one.

HyprLtH20 09-01-2010 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by offshoreMM
Looks nice, does it attached with just double sided tape?

I'd buy one.

Yes, and 3M adhesive tape would be included

BoilerUpXFire 09-01-2010 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
If you think about it, you'd only make it "different" in the eyes of another xFire owner! The average person wouldn't notice anything. Just my $.02

this is comical, most people do not even know what kind of car mine is, much less all the subtle accents and modified parts. Hell, at the GTGs a lot of owners who have looked the car over do not notice things, but that is not the point, to me at least.

I do things on the car that I like and the way I feel it should have come, not because some designer came out with a $300 piece of plastic.

HyperLite, I will not be buying this one, but like mentioned above, please continue making parts for the XF, someone has to ;)

Also, I strongly recommend becoming a forum sponsor, I KNOW you have been making sales out of this place, and if it weren't for .org you would not be selling these products. Do the right thing and pay the small price it is make yourself legitimate. Many members feel better dealing with someone who handles themeselves professionally and pay vendor fees.....

Mad_Med05X 09-01-2010 02:30 PM

Pay The Piper

HyprLtH20 09-01-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire

Also, I strongly recommend becoming a forum sponsor, I KNOW you have been making sales out of this place, and if it weren't for .org you would not be selling these products. Do the right thing and pay the small price it is make yourself legitimate. Many members feel better dealing with someone who handles themeselves professionally and pay vendor fees.....

Its official.. I am now a forum super sponsor. If this business takes off a bit more I will move it up to a commercial sponsorship.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this venture of mine;)

Infinite 09-01-2010 05:06 PM

I honestly think that will look stupid with the spoiler up.

I like your roof spoiler much better. The oem spoiler is fine as is