CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   Does anyone know where you can buy headlights? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/58389-does-anyone-know-where-you-can-buy-headlights.html)

WISHITWEREAREALBENZ 10-04-2012 12:34 PM

Does anyone know where you can buy headlights?

I'm looking for a new set of headlights due to the haze taking mine over! I don't really want to go through the stealership, and I'm looking for a pair. I don't mind paying a little bit of money for them just not $600 a piece. Any leads or information would be very helpful.

pizzaguy 10-04-2012 12:37 PM

Re: Does anyone know where you can buy headlights?

You might at least TRY one of the $30-something restoration kits.
Search here, some kits are a waste of money, some actually work.

Mrmiata 10-04-2012 12:40 PM

And if your determined to replace them..

2004-2008 CROSSFIRE Headlight SET , Mopar HEADLAMP NEW | eBay

Just noticed 0 feedback.. use paypal only on this one!

WISHITWEREAREALBENZ 10-04-2012 12:41 PM

I've done that already twice and it helped a little for a couple months but I live in Houston and I guess the humidity the haze comes back really quick

ala_xfire 10-04-2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by WISHITWEREAREALBENZ (Post 701379)
I've done that already twice and it helped a little for a couple months but I live in Houston and I guess the humidity the haze comes back really quick

Do it again with the 3M or Meguire's Heavy duty kit, then apply headlight protectors, Xpel, Laminix or equivalent.

Chrysler Crossfire (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008) Headlight Covers
2004-2008 Chrysler Crossfire Light Covers, Mounts & Wiring - X-Pel Technologies H0818 - X-Pel Headlight Protection

I did mine 1 year ago with the Meguire's HD kit, and used Laminix covers, and still look like new.

Not too much difference in the sun and temps between Alabama and Houston ...

stryfox 10-04-2012 01:47 PM

It's amazing what you can get out. I just bought a members srt to replace my limited that a tree fell on.
The srt had tinted headlamp film on it. It looked good just not my taste.
I pulled it off and used adhesive remover to get the glue off
The lenses were totally destroyed I. This process. I feel the factory plastic lens is just soft.
I wet sanded the hell out of them with 400 wet then 600 then 1000 then 2000 and polished them.
Came out great. Takes some time but if the damage is on the outside you can save them.

lildaddym 10-04-2012 08:30 PM

Mine are cloudy on the inside...you can see where the water droplets dried...methanol is kinda expensive, and splitting the lenses from the rest of the light seems risky and time-consuming...

onehundred80 10-04-2012 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 701448)
Mine are cloudy on the inside...you can see where the water droplets dried...methanol is kinda expensive, and splitting the lenses from the rest of the light seems risky and time-consuming...

Methanol is cheap, methanol 99.8% is expensive. But whats money when it's spent on your favorite car.;)
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-assembly.html

lildaddym 10-04-2012 11:14 PM

True, that...I haven't found any that comes to that standard, yet...

maxcichon 10-05-2012 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 701477)
True, that...I haven't found any that comes to that standard, yet...

I re-spec'ed the grade. 99.8% is what I used. ~ $125/4 liter bottle call to order (Fischer Sci., Cole-Parmer etc. May have to be shipped to a corporate address.)

lildaddym 10-05-2012 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon (Post 701503)
I re-spec'ed the grade. 99.8% is what I used. ~ $125/4 liter bottle call to order (Fischer Sci., Cole-Parmer etc. May have to be shipped to a corporate address.)

Do you need a liter a headlight?

maxcichon 10-05-2012 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 701535)
Do you need a liter a headlight?

That's what I used. Buy 2 liters and measure out 8 parts for 4 flushes each?