CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   Removing/replacing OEM Chrysler badges? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/67165-removing-replacing-oem-chrysler-badges.html)

HOT FIYA 03-24-2014 03:38 PM

Removing/replacing OEM Chrysler badges?

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone. I recently purchased a set of new OEM Chrysler badges to replace the heavily faded ones that came on the car upon purchasing it. I looked at some aftermarket options/overlays but I wasn't sold on any of them and decided that i'd rather simply get new OEM badges.

Anywho, the badges recently came in the mail and i'm just wondering if anyone has replaced these before and if so what the easiest way to do it is? My biggest concern is damaging the chrome wings. My best guess was to use a metal "pick" tool to pop them out. Also, does anyone know how these badges are affixed? (glue, double sided ahesive, clip?)

Any/all feedback is greatly appreciated! Also, below is a picture of the badges I am referring to.

Attachment 41030

lildaddym 03-24-2014 04:05 PM

Re: Removing/replacing OEM Chrysler badges?

What's the P/N on those badges?

HOT FIYA 03-24-2014 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 789083)
What's the P/N on those badges?

I'm not sure. I can check the little bags they came in when I get home to see if there is a part number. I actually stumbled across these on Amazon after a Google search directed me there. I couldn't find them on any of the OEM Chrysler parts websites. The only thing I could find was the entire wing badge assembly which I would guess also includes the emblem itself. But needless to say I didn't want to shell out a ton of money for the entire assmembly when I only needed the badges. When I purchased them on Amazon they were the only two left in stock.

S. Artee 03-24-2014 06:06 PM

Search for the 300, should be exactly the same badge up to 2010—11.

They're applied with double-sided adhesive.

SparkieSRT6 03-24-2014 08:23 PM

I would try heating up the old one with a blow dryer or heat gun to soften the adhesive before prying away.......and use a hotel door pass as a prying tool.

Abaton6 03-24-2014 08:47 PM

I've used dental floss to remove letters , badges. Works pretty slick. FWIW.

HOT FIYA 03-24-2014 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Abaton6 (Post 789140)

Thanks everyone.

My rear hatch is already de-badged (removed the Crossfire letters & SRT-6 badge). I'm just talking specifically about the Chrysler badges. Did you also use dental floss to pop those badges out of the chrome wings?

andrew 03-24-2014 10:19 PM

~ they are most likely held on by a rubberized glue type product from the factory.

i would try to remove the main wings themselves and determine if there is a small hole or two on the backside to press the chrysler badge out versus prying it out from the front side. heating up the badge will also aid in the removal or breakdown of the adhesive... hope this help.

S. Artee 03-24-2014 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Abaton6 (Post 789140)

Badge is recessed, makes floss kinda tough. Metal picks are probably a best bet.

Abaton6 03-24-2014 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA (Post 789144)
Thanks everyone.

My rear hatch is already de-badged (removed the Crossfire letters & SRT-6 badge). I'm just talking specifically about the Chrysler badges. Did you also use dental floss to pop those badges out of the chrome wings?

No HF, just the ones attached with tape. Work it like a saw, comes right off.

HOT FIYA 03-26-2014 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Abaton6 (Post 789155)
No HF, just the ones attached with tape. Work it like a saw, comes right off.

I've already removed the "Crossfire" & "SRT-6" badges. As far as shaving badges goes, that's easy peasey. I'm just looking for an easy way to remove the oval Chrysler badges from the chrome wings without damaging them. But thanks for yours input regardless.

S. Artee 03-26-2014 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by S. Artee (Post 789154)
Badge is recessed, makes floss kinda tough. Metal picks are probably a best bet.

Again... You might also want to heat them as you pry.

HOT FIYA 03-26-2014 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by S. Artee (Post 789329)
Again... You might also want to heat them as you pry.

I have a heat gun so I was planning on using it when prying them out.

mss400 05-10-2015 06:38 PM

Are front and rear badges (not the wings) the same or different?

JEFASOLD 05-10-2015 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by mss400 (Post 835704)
Are front and rear badges (not the wings) the same or different?

They look the same but are a different size, the rear is smaller.

HOT FIYA 05-12-2015 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD (Post 835709)
They look the same but are a different size, the rear is smaller.

Also it's worth adding that the Chrysler badge can be removed from the wing emblem whereas the rear badge cannot. In other words, you can replace just the Chrysler oval up front whereas in the rear you have to replace the whole assembly (wing emblem + Chrysler oval).

sedavigo@gmail.com 01-15-2018 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by S. Artee (Post 789107)
Search for the 300, should be exactly the same badge up to 2010—11.

They're applied with double-sided adhesive.

so you are telling me that I can replace both emblems front and back with the same that are used for the Chrysler 300 2010??? This is easy to find.