CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   Side markers bulb socket (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/67908-side-markers-bulb-socket.html)

fer 05-26-2014 08:32 PM

Side markers bulb socket

2 Attachment(s)
I everyone, I'm starting this post to share a little information I hope could be of use for some. My car has many body-related issues that I'm working on in order to get it back to it's best. Among other things, it was missing three side marker sockets, as well as two of the lenses. Well, I searched the forum and found a couple of other members who asked about the part number for the bulb holder/socket. Since those threads are a few years old I thought it would be best to create a new one instead of bringing them back.

In one of those threads it is suggested to use the regular "194 or 168" socket for the 5w5 bulbs, but the member never came back to confirm if it worked. I tried myself, went to Autozone an NAPA Autoparts, and the conventional 194 socket WON'T fit into the side marker, the socket is too big and won't enter the assembly.

Then I went to an independent store that sells parts and accessories for post-collision reapairs, there I found 194 sockets but instead of solid plastic they are made of rubber. They are actually are pretty cheap and don't seem to be of the greatest quality, but the fact that they are rubber allows you to trim them with a conventional cutter until yo shape them for a perfect fit.

The cost was $25 mexican pesos for each socket+bulb package, which is around only $2 US dollars.

I'm really happy since I really had a hard time trying to find the part number for the sockets and never found it.

onehundred80 05-27-2014 08:44 AM

Re: Side markers bulb socket

Originally Posted by fer (Post 797883)
I everyone, I'm starting this post to share a little information I hope could be of use for some. My car has many body-related issues that I'm working on in order to get it back to it's best. Among other things, it was missing three side marker sockets, as well as two of the lenses. Well, I searched the forum and found a couple of other members who asked about the part number for the bulb holder/socket. Since those threads are a few years old I thought it would be best to create a new one instead of bringing them back.

In one of those threads it is suggested to use the regular "194 or 168" socket for the 5w5 bulbs, but the member never came back to confirm if it worked. I tried myself, went to Autozone an NAPA Autoparts, and the conventional 194 socket WON'T fit into the side marker, the socket is too big and won't enter the assembly.

Then I went to an independent store that sells parts and accessories for post-collision reapairs, there I found 194 sockets but instead of solid plastic they are made of rubber. They are actually are pretty cheap and don't seem to be of the greatest quality, but the fact that they are rubber allows you to trim them with a conventional cutter until yo shape them for a perfect fit.

The cost was $25 mexican pesos for each socket+bulb package, which is around only $2 US dollars.

I'm really happy since I really had a hard time trying to find the part number for the sockets and never found it.

A really good fix. Thanks.
The part number of the old socket is probably molded into the plastic somewhere.

bluecoupe 05-27-2014 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 797922)
A really good fix. Thanks.
The part number of the old socket is probably molded into the plastic somewhere.

Dave, next time you are in Mexico, please pick me up some........thanks :p

onehundred80 05-27-2014 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe (Post 797977)
Dave, next time you are in Mexico, please pick me up some........thanks :p

I have not been to Mexico for fifteen years, Cuba is where I go for a Spanish lesson. But if you want some DIY sockets for a '56 Chevy or something I'm your man.:p

bluecoupe 05-27-2014 06:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Dave, their days are numbered.........

onehundred80 05-27-2014 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe (Post 797985)
Dave, their days are numbered.........

Yes they are, when the yanks get in there they will loose every thing they have gained.
They are a proud people but the US$ will corrupt them again.
The US ruined them once and will do it again.

Better the devil you know than the devil, you don,'t.

Mrmiata 05-28-2014 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 798038)
The US ruined them once and will do it again.

Better the devil you know than the devil, you don,'t.

I'm all for deportation ... let them take those skills learned here back! What a great country it could be then! ;)