CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   Windscreen paint (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/68367-windscreen-paint.html)

Bay Cruise 07-07-2014 01:41 AM

Windscreen paint

Does anyone know what the exact colour is for the silver surround around the windscreen, I have a few stone chips that I want to cover just in case they rust over time.

Adrian_X 07-07-2014 01:44 AM

Re: Windscreen paint

It's plastic last time I checked, so rust shouldn't be an issue?
Unless there's a metal skeleton to it or something.

Bay Cruise 07-07-2014 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Adrian_X (Post 802731)
It's plastic last time I checked, so rust shouldn't be an issue?
Unless there's a metal skeleton to it or something.

Thats great info and handy, however I would still like to cover the chips so if anyone know the colour it would be good.

nickwe21 07-07-2014 12:37 PM

Been looking for that color for a while, also the silver center console but couldn't find the correct color so eventually went to a good body shop and had them mix it.
My windshield trim was peeling off so those boys re-sprayed the whole thing, came out like new and handed me a little bottle with touch up paint in case needed!

JEFASOLD 07-07-2014 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bay Cruise (Post 802730)
Does anyone know what the exact colour is for the silver surround around the windscreen, I have a few stone chips that I want to cover just in case they rust over time.

That would be PS2, Chrysler Bright Silver metallic.

Bay Cruise 07-07-2014 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD (Post 802854)

Brilliant Thanks.

nickwe21 07-07-2014 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD (Post 802854)

Would that be the same color then for the center console?

Adrian_X 07-08-2014 12:15 AM

What I really need myself is the color for the center console "grey" paint that peels off. That's such a pain the butt and such an eye sore.

Bay Cruise 07-08-2014 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Adrian_X (Post 802873)
What I really need myself is the color for the center console "grey" paint that peels off. That's such a pain the butt and such an eye sore.

Can't answer that but interested as never knew this happens. Do you have a photo so I know what I might be dealt with in the future.

Adrian_X 07-08-2014 12:32 AM

Don't have a pic on me right now, but its the "grey" ish paint on the sides of the silver center console. It peels pretty easily, and mine had some peeling since I got the car 3 years ago. Just don't feel like having the entire thing resprayed at a shop because they charge 273 arms and 391326 legs for it here in Chicago.