Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Color of front license plate bracket

Old 04-29-2015, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color of front license plate bracket

Greetings all,

I bought my Crossfire a few months ago and I'm finally getting around to fixing some minor cosmetic issues. The previous owner scuffed up the underside of the front bumper and that's going to be dealt with. I live in California, a state that requires front license plates. I ordered the bracket from my local Chrysler dealer and it arrived in matte finish black plastic. Should this bracket remain black, or is it meant to be body color? I intend to have the bracket installed when they pull the front assembly for painting. If it should be body color, I can have it painted along with the bumper? What say all of you?

Thank you,

Steven

Old 04-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Re: Color of front license plate bracket

Originally Posted by Normandie1935
Greetings all,

I bought my Crossfire a few months ago and I'm finally getting around to fixing some minor cosmetic issues. The previous owner scuffed up the underside of the front bumper and that's going to be dealt with. I live in California, a state that requires front license plates. I ordered the bracket from my local Chrysler dealer and it arrived in matte finish black plastic. Should this bracket remain black, or is it meant to be body color? I intend to have the bracket installed when they pull the front assembly for painting. If it should be body color, I can have it painted along with the bumper? What say all of you?

Thank you,

Steven
Steven
The matte black finish is the factory finish, to make it look better, have it painted the same color of the bumper, it may lessen the look of an add on part if it remains as the factory finish.

You may want to search the forum for the fold away license plate holder for the front end to avoid the holes in the bumper or attach it with industrial grade Velcro as an alternative.

Just my 2 cents, its your car.....
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 04-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Normandie1935
Greetings all,

Thank you,

Steven

Personal choice made only by you, if you wish it painted have it painted. If you do, have them painted separately though. Also, I would have it marked and at least mounted ONCE before they paint either because once you try to mount one on a freshly painted facia, and you screw up (literally), your not going to be a happy camper. So, mount it once, take it off, then have both painted apart. Then all you have to do is mount it back on (carefully) and 'BOOM', no screw-ups.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the insight!

Old 04-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are better ways to mount your license plate.

CrossfireForum.org - Colorado Cruizer's Album: Member Galleries