Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

OEM Windshield Wipers with Deflectors

Old 01-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM Windshield Wipers with Deflectors

Found an old picture of my car with original windshield wipers. Both had the wind deflector. The driver's side was metal built in to the arm. The passenger side. deflector is longer and looks to be made out of plastic.

Just ordered an OEM set from a member her and only the driver's side has the deflector. Do we have any more information on why this could be?

See below:

Old 01-13-2017, 06:20 AM
Received 523 Likes on 416 Posts
Default Re: OEM Windshield Wipers with Deflectors

I still have the factory wiper arms on my 2007 and only the Drivers Side has the wind spoiler.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:10 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
I still have the factory wiper arms on my 2007 and only the Drivers Side has the wind spoiler.
Same here.
Maybe the pass side blade was on early production models and subsequently discontinued for cost-savings.

Last edited by harbor; 01-13-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

Only the driver side has / had the OEM wind deflector

Old 01-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Forum Regular
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Only blades I know that had both wind spoilers on them were PIAA, but I believe they dont make the passenger side length for our cars anymore. I use the one blade wipers on my vehicle now anyway.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

SWF is a European maker of windshield wipers and they fall under the Valeo owned company's. CLICK
Look down the page and you'll find ours are the Windspoiler design, I have OEM wipers arms for both sides and only the driver side is the Windspoiler design.
My OEM drivers side is 20" long wiper and the passenger side is 22" long. When I picked up the car I found the 22" blade on the driver side, the 20" blade was on the passenger side. I cannot remember any problem with that set up but I switched them back to the correct side.
You can find 22" SWF Windspoiler blades on eBay CLICK.
I wonder if you could run 22" blades on bother sides, or use the 21" SWF Windspoiler from eBay CLICK on the drivers side, with the 22" on the passenger side.
The description of these blades says they are for use on the left hand - drivers side only.
Worth a try I'd say. but the force that keeps them against the windshield will get reversed as they go past 90°.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-13-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Received 372 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Worth a try I'd say. but the force that keeps them against the windshield will get reversed as they go past 90°.

I believe this is why they are not on both sides!

Old 01-14-2017, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I believe this is why they are not on both sides!

I thought that was what I said.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I thought that was what I said.

Cool, that is exactly what I thought you said (to which I agreed to, sort of), guess I could have been more clear?.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found the factory original OEM wiper blades for $13.80 for each blade, since I wanted original, and someone had swapped mine out. That's about as cheap as the aftermarket ones as well.

Here's where I got mine, there's a lot of other places out there selling them with similar prices.
https://www.group1autoparts.com/
Enter your car model in there, then go into the "Body" section, then "Wiper & Washer Components.
Their part listing was kind of messed up, they showed two of the same part number, and each blade actually has a different part number. A lot of the parts places seem to have this messed up, showing one part number for both blades.
But if you search for these two part numbers, these are the ones you need:
5189813AA - (Passenger)
5189812AA - (Drivers side)
Pretty sure I got these in the correct side order.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by garjoe05
I found the factory original OEM wiper blades for $13.80 for each blade, since I wanted original, and someone had swapped mine out. That's about as cheap as the aftermarket ones as well.

Here's where I got mine, there's a lot of other places out there selling them with similar prices.
Enter your car model in there, then go into the "Body" section, then "Wiper & Washer Components.
Their part listing was kind of messed up, they showed two of the same part number, and each blade actually has a different part number. A lot of the parts places seem to have this messed up, showing one part number for both blades.
5189813AA - (Passenger)
Price is really a good one. Hope these turn out to be what you (we) want. If so, this site is worth saving.

Later,

Old 04-14-2017, 10:41 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Ordered a set also. Thanks for the information !

Old 04-14-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by garjoe05

5189813AA - (Passenger)
Looks like what you ordered were replacement wiper BLADES of the single beam design. Those can be bought just about anywhere and for pretty much the same price. As folks have stated, the Crossfire came with OEM wiper ARMS that had a spoiler on the driver-side unit. The spoiler was mounted to the wiper ARM, not the wiper BLADE. And these wiper ARMS were somewhat more. I know this because I bought replacements when I damaged the originals doing something stupid. The DS wiper ARM cost me $66.00 back in 2011; the PS wiper ARM was $31.50. (Note: Vendor I purchased these from called me after I placed my order & sold me the M-B SLK-320 P/N's which were cheaper than the Chrysler P/N's. Same parts!)

Now, if someone has a Crossfire with a PS wiper ARM that has a spoiler, this could have been purchased as a replacement for the PS OEM wiper ARM. Nothing stopping anyone from doing that.

Like I said earlier, if I'm wrong about this and these are in fact replacement wiper ARMS, then it is a VERY GOOD price! But the exploded view on the website shows these parts as Part #4 - a wiper BLADE. The wiper ARMS are shown under Part #1

Old 04-14-2017, 02:08 PM

Drive slower and buy the 'less expensive' wiper blades. No one should be going that fast in the rain anyway. Problem solved!

Old 04-14-2017, 04:33 PM

Looks like what you ordered were replacement wiper BLADES of the single beam design. Those can be bought just about anywhere and for pretty much the same price. As folks have stated, the Crossfire came with OEM wiper ARMS that had a spoiler on the driver-side unit. The spoiler was mounted to the wiper ARM, not the wiper BLADE. And these wiper ARMS were somewhat more. I know this because I bought replacements when I damaged the originals doing something stupid. The DS wiper ARM cost me $66.00 back in 2011; the PS wiper ARM was $31.50. (Note: Vendor I purchased these from called me after I placed my order & sold me the M-B SLK-320 P/N's which were cheaper than the Chrysler P/N's. Same parts!)

Now, if someone has a Crossfire with a PS wiper ARM that has a spoiler, this could have been purchased as a replacement for the PS OEM wiper ARM. Nothing stopping anyone from doing that.

Like I said earlier, if I'm wrong about this and these are in fact replacement wiper ARMS, then it is a VERY GOOD price! But the exploded view on the website shows these parts as Part #4 - a wiper BLADE. The wiper ARMS are shown under Part #1
The OEM Crossfire came with a spoiler on the driver side blade frame, not the arm. The arm attaches to the spindle, held by a nut which is covered by the plastic cap. I had a Crossfire from new and the passenger side did not have the spoiler, only the driver side.
Attached is a photo of the OEM driver and passenger wipers. The driver side is at the bottom and the spoiler is easy to see.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0627.JPG (1.28 MB, 97 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-14-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:28 PM

I stand corrected. I took another look at my 2007 & the spoiler is clearly on the DS wiper blade. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I never really had to deal with purchasing new wiper blades because I buy the proper wiper inserts from PIAA and just swap them out every year or 2.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 04-14-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:55 PM

I stand corrected. I took another look at my 2007 & the spoiler is clearly on the DS wiper blade. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I never really had to deal with purchasing new wiper blades because I buy the proper wiper inserts from PIAA and just swap them out every year or 2.
I had a hard time getting decent refills. NeedsWings stopped selling PIAA at one time as they could not get one length, I am not sure about lately though.
I put on Bosch Icons at that time and now I will go back to the OEM's, when I get around to it that is.

If that price stands for the complete blade assembly it is a steal. I know the OEM manufacturers part number I think as it was in a post of mine some time back. I'll look for it. My post #6 above has these same prices on eBay so I guess the price is right as they say. CLICK

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-14-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what I got, everything you see in the picture. I'm not sure everyone uses the same name for what this part is called. What you see in the picture are the two "things" I got for about $13.80 each. And they were not hard to find, lots of the Chrysler parts places seemed to have them for around that price.

This is the thing people seem to be wanting, getting the air deflector on the drivers side.
These two "things" are what they sell at Walmart for about the same price for the brands Bosch, Rain-X, Michelin, Anco, Trico. It's very hard to find just the rubber pieces alone any more, they seem to want to sell the next thing up from that with the rubber and metal holders. On my bill for them, they called them "wiper blades". I think a lot of people think you mean just the rubber inserts when you say blades.
So see the attached picture for what I got, you can see the sticker says Made in Germany, and it says 1/20/08 for the date.

Last edited by garjoe05; 04-14-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:44 AM

Like I stated earlier, that price is a VERY GOOD price for OEM WIPER BLADES. Thanks for sharing the website.

I paid $8 each for PIAA WIPER BLADE REFILLS a year ago. Hard to imagine that for just another $5 each, I could get the entire OEM WIPER BLADE, including the DS with the spoiler!

Later,

Old 05-09-2017, 01:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My second reply to this subject, the first one to a really old post for those looking for info on wiper blades: I know this reply is to a really old post (for those researching wiper blade replacements) but I found Trico 47-700 refills ("Break to fit") "designed to fit a 7mm trapezoidal claw twin rail blade" WILL fit the OEM driver side wiper blade and also passenger side. Trico may refer to these refills as the 46 series or at least this is how I found them. The driver side has the OEM spoiler the passenger side, not (on my 07 base). The Trico refills are hard to find as all refills seem to be hard to find. The Trico package has 2 blades. I found them on Amazon for $11.66 includes shipping. So if you are into the OEM, find the Trico 47-700. Takes a little fussing to install but you get to keep the OEM wiper arms. Good luck!