CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   Switching Tails. Any Chance Its PNP? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/73516-switching-tails-any-chance-its-pnp.html)

jwhdfw 01-23-2016 07:22 PM

Switching Tails. Any Chance Its PNP?

Id like to pull my whale tail off the SRT6, and end up with a functioning deployment Limited spoiler.

I havent started pulling anything apart, but im hoping ill find the motorized spoiler wiring conn sitting there when the SRT wing comes off. 1 harness for all cars?

Has anybody tried going this direction? I have the pan, the wing and the control module for the dash. Just polling. Have no idea about the smarts/programming.

Sussudio 01-23-2016 09:08 PM

Re: Switching Tails. Any Chance Its PNP?

Originally Posted by jwhdfw (Post 857542)
Id like to pull my whale tail off the SRT6, and end up with a functioning deployment Limited spoiler.

I havent started pulling anything apart, but im hoping ill find the motorized spoiler wiring conn sitting there when the SRT wing comes off. 1 harness for all cars?

Has anybody tried going this direction? I have the pan, the wing and the control module for the dash. Just polling. Have no idea about the smarts/programming.

If I remember correctly our member FUBU has done this. Maybe shoot him a PM.

jwhdfw 03-09-2016 04:42 PM

Anybody Else know anything about this? Or attempted? Fubu doesn't appear to be answering his PM's

chuK_138 03-11-2016 01:52 AM

No, there's no wiring for a Limited spoiler on the SRT-6. Also no button to manually control it. BCM is different too, which controls the spoiler on a Limited. It can be done, but why?!?

maxcichon 03-11-2016 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by chuK_138 (Post 861493)
No, there's no wiring for a Limited spoiler on the SRT-6. Also no button to manually control it. BCM is different too, which controls the spoiler on a Limited. It can be done, but why?!?

Because he's a sneaky bustard!

:D

jwhdfw 03-11-2016 09:53 AM

Thank goodness somebody answered!!!! My first CF was a first year, brand new 2004 Limited because I LOVED that boattail look. Loved it on the 928, love it on the Panamera, want it back.

Also - I think the whale tail on the SRT just looks wrong... I'm going to show my age here, but it reminds me of that chinzy tail Datsun just stuffed on that silver and blue special edition 280ZX.

I have the pan, I have the tail and motor, I have the switch group..... I need the body computer and the wiring harness. Anything else?

kingdavid54 03-11-2016 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by jwhdfw (Post 861514)
Thank goodness somebody answered!!!! My first CF was a first year, brand new 2004 Limited because I LOVED that boattail look. Loved it on the 928, love it on the Panamera, want it back.

Also - I think the whale tail on the SRT just looks wrong... I'm going to show my age here, but it reminds me of that chinzy tail Datsun just stuffed on that silver and blue special edition 280ZX.

I have the pan, I have the tail and motor, I have the switch group..... I need the body computer and the wiring harness. Anything else?

Yeah a lot of patience:D

onehundred80 03-11-2016 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by jwhdfw (Post 861514)

The simple way to get this working is just to have it raise when the ignition is turned on. No big deal, people will think you have a poor battery. ;)
Either that or raise it using a switch you control in the cabin.