Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

head lights

Old 02-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head lights

My 2005 crossfire headlights do not turn on at evening. I have to manual turn them on. What is up ?

Old 02-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: head lights

Absolutely nothing.
That was never a feature of the Crossfire.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Received 364 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Absolutely nothing.
That was never a feature of the Crossfire.

Even if you talk nice to them?

Old 02-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

You know, it really does p1ss me off. I have a 2002 Chrysler Concorde, it is smart enough to handle the headlight task, while a more upper scale car ( and newer ) car like the Crossfire does not.
Also, the lights in the Concorde come on it you activate the wipers, but NOOOOO, not the Crossfire.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Received 364 Likes on 317 Posts

You know, it really does p1ss me off. I have a 2002 Chrysler Concorde, it is smart enough to handle the headlight task, while a more upper scale car ( and newer ) car like the Crossfire does not.
Also, the lights in the Concorde come on it you activate the wipers, but NOOOOO, not the Crossfire.

Yeah diff strokes for diif folks... My 1999 Olds Intrigue had (and my 02 Camaro has) those auto 'on' headlights, and I do not like them. A lot of times I go into or check the car at dawn or dusk (iggy on), and the damn lighting system comes on full all around. Sucks to have to start the vehicle (waste) just to jack car and do oil (or anything else) with the iggy 'on'. Of course, I'm not an advocate of 'smart' anything anyway. It is just another thing that can (and does) go wrong. I like being able to turn em on and off based on the situation present. The worst, is entering a military controlled area, they have a sign posted upon arrival to the 'gate' to turn your headlights off (so they can see into your vehicle?). Those two older cars with the auto lights, they do not turn off when approaching the guards. I hate them auto lights!

Did I mention, I HATE them auto headlights? LMAO

Old 02-13-2017, 05:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ttexass@aol.com
My 2005 crossfire headlights do not turn on at evening. I have to manual turn them on. What is up ?
Did you say
Abra cadabra, auto headlights

Or maybe yours is a clapper.

Hahaha, thanks I needed a smile today

Old 02-14-2017, 08:48 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Surely these cars have an option to turn off the auto headlight feature?
I am sure my '93 and '95 models did.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:51 AM

I have a Canadian Crossfire. The lights are always on (Chrysler's version of Daylight Lights).

Works great. I never turn the lights on or off.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil
I have a Canadian Crossfire. The lights are always on (Chrysler's version of Daylight Lights).

Works great. I never turn the lights on or off.
Not strictly true as you have to turn the switch to get the high beams to work normally. They do work in the DRL mode but only to flash them. That is how it worked in both of my Crossfires.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:22 AM

Thanks for adding in the detail.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:23 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Yeah diff strokes for diif folks... My 1999 Olds Intrigue had (and my 02 Camaro has) those auto 'on' headlights, and I do not like them. A lot of times I go into or check the car at dawn or dusk (iggy on), and the damn lighting system comes on full all around. Sucks to have to start the vehicle (waste) just to jack car and do oil (or anything else) with the iggy 'on'. Of course, I'm not an advocate of 'smart' anything anyway. It is just another thing that can (and does) go wrong. I like being able to turn em on and off based on the situation present. The worst, is entering a military controlled area, they have a sign posted upon arrival to the 'gate' to turn your headlights off (so they can see into your vehicle?). Those two older cars with the auto lights, they do not turn off when approaching the guards. I hate them auto lights!

Did I mention, I HATE them auto headlights? LMAO

All my cars have auto on / off except the crossfire. I love it. I used to think you couldn't turn the auto system off but you CAN! it's different in most cars but in my 2000 Bonneville you could turn off the headlights and even the running lights by just turning off the dash dimmer switch. I bet it's similar or same in your Intrigue -- given it's GM product. So, it's possible to do in all cars, you just have to know how to do it.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Agree - look in in the owner's manual about parking with key on and headlamps off.

'12 Jeep is the only one of mine with auto headlights and then it needs to be set to A(utomatic).

Last edited by Padgett; 02-14-2017 at 03:50 PM.