CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   Odd Lamp light behaviour (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/79240-odd-lamp-light-behaviour.html)

andrew267 11-05-2018 03:03 PM

Odd Lamp light behaviour

Hi all

Bit of and odd one. The lamp light clighton when i turn the lights off. Staring the car all dash lights act as normal. Turn the lights on nothing drive about. Then when i turn the lights off the warning light comes on - confused all lights seem to be working.

Any ideas?

onehundred80 11-05-2018 07:08 PM

Re: Odd Lamp light behaviour

Originally Posted by andrew267 (Post 914782)
Hi all

Bit of and odd one. The lamp light clighton when i turn the lights off. Staring the car all dash lights act as normal. Turn the lights on nothing drive about. Then when i turn the lights off the warning light comes on - confused all lights seem to be working.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?
A clearer description would help.

andrew267 11-06-2018 04:14 AM

Just re read my post it was awful. So here goes.
I turn the car on and all the dashboard lights come on as normal. I turn the lights on - side lights all fine, then main lights all is fine. The warning light does not actually come on until i turn the lights off. I have checked all the lights i can but cannot see any not working. Is that a better description

KeithTexas 11-06-2018 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by andrew267 (Post 914799)
I turn the car on and all the dashboard lights come on as normal. I turn the lights on - side lights all fine, then main lights all is fine. The warning light does not actually come on until i turn the lights off. I have checked all the lights i can but cannot see any not working. Is that a better description

So, is it the "Light Outage Indicator" light on the dashboard that comes on when you turn the headlights off?

I've got a 2005 Limited that the previous owner had installed a remote starter and some other things that are totally undocumented for me. I've had the car for a year and am still trying to figure stuff out that was added.

When my headlight switch is set to "off", my headlights come on automatically at night and under low-light conditions AND the "Light Outage Indicator" on the dashboard illuminates (and I don't have any bulbs burned out). This doesn't appear to be a "running lights" option because my headlights only come on at night or under low-light conditions with the headlights switched to the "off" position. The "Light Outage Indicator" goes out when I switch the headlights to the "on" position. I've been wanting to ask the folks here if that's normal or an add-on that someone added-on.

Also, the "Light Outage Indicator" will come on when you have a bad brake light...but in that case, the "Light Outage Indicator" only comes on AFTER you've stepped on the brakes.

turbomar 11-06-2018 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by andrew267 (Post 914799)

Have you checked the licence plate and reverse lights?

flaco1801 06-26-2020 02:38 PM

Just got the car Monday....I have the Light Outage Indicator lamp come on only when i start the car and turn on lights...If i turn the lights on without starting the car, the indicator is off, and if i step on brake it's off......only when i turn the key.....i replaced the 2 license plate bulbs....this will keep me busy....

ZERACER 06-26-2020 03:32 PM

Also check the two small side indicator bulb in the inside top of the headlights.

flaco1801 06-26-2020 04:49 PM

Just found those (2) lamps....Had only one burned out it would have been a no brainer...Both were out and i never would have seen them....thank you so much...you were the only poster that i read to look for those lamps, most assumed it was license plate lamps, i replaced those also this morning....much appreciated, stay safe, stay well....