Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Really weird headlight issue

Old 03-14-2019, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Really weird headlight issue

So tonight as I was heading home I noticed my high beam indicator was on but dim so I pulled over and noticed that my driver side Low beam was on but the passenger side was out. I then noticed both my high beams were on but really dim, so I decided to turn my high beams on which made the high beam indicator brighter but then the passenger side high beam went out but the driver side was working fine. After turning the high beams off again it went back to only the Driver side low beam On and both high beams on but dim. Earlier I had my headlights on and both low beams were working fine with no high beam indicator on.. The entire thing has me confused

Last edited by Nika; 03-14-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:13 AM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts
Default Re: Really weird headlight issue

Originally Posted by Nika
So tonight as I was heading home I noticed my high beam indicator was on but dim so I pulled over and noticed that my driver side Low beam was on but the passenger side was out. I then noticed both my high beams were on but really dim, so I decided to turn my high beams on which made the high beam indicator brighter but then the passenger side high beam went out but the driver side was working fine. After turning the high beams off again it went back to only the Driver side low beam On and both high beams on but dim. Earlier I had my headlights on and both low beams were working fine with no high beam indicator on.. The entire thing has me confused
I would look at the headlight switch, maybe it has shorted out inside. Any burning small?

Old 03-15-2019, 10:55 AM

No burning smells. All wires, fuses, and even bulbs seem fine. No noticeable melting anywhere.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:44 PM

I would also suspect the headlight switch, seems to be a pretty normal fail point. Check out THIS site if you figure out that's the issue, they may have replacements.