CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   Fog lights on after car turn off-unable to close car (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/79948-fog-lights-after-car-turn-off-unable-close-car.html)

sedavigo@gmail.com 04-14-2019 08:39 PM

Fog lights on after car turn off-unable to close car

Ok this problem has been happening for some time, I use my car normal, after I turn the car off, ignition off, close the door the cortesy lights turn on (fog lights, and the little orange lights in the front and also some in the back)...at that moment I try to lock the car with the key fog but it dont lock the car until the lights turns off, maybe like 30 seconds or something, after that I can lock the car without a problem, I dont know if this is a problem related with the lights module or if I have to reset something or only God know what.

Do you guys know something related to this issue. Sometimes I have to left the car open because of this issue.

Note: the problem is only after getting the car warm up or something, If I turn the car on for only a few minutes I can lock the car normal without seen the cortesy lights getting on.

Any advise???

pizzaguy 04-14-2019 10:44 PM

Re: Fog lights on after car turn off-unable to close car

Yank the trim from the entire trunk and check for water intrusion that has reached the security module. It's on the passenger side below all the trim.
It sounds like its already too late, but get in there anyway. If there is no water intrusion, then some more homework will be needed here.

But I'd be tomorrow's lottery you have water sitting in the low parts of the trunk.

onehundred80 04-14-2019 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by sedavigo@gmail.com (Post 921910)
Ok this problem has been happening for some time, I use my car normal, after I turn the car off, ignition off, close the door the cortesy lights turn on (fog lights, and the little orange lights in the front and also some in the back)...at that moment I try to lock the car with the key fog but it dont lock the car until the lights turns off, maybe like 30 seconds or something, after that I can lock the car without a problem, I dont know if this is a problem related with the lights module or if I have to reset something or only God know what.

Do you guys know something related to this issue. Sometimes I have to left the car open because of this issue.

Note: the problem is only after getting the car warm up or something, If I turn the car on for only a few minutes I can lock the car normal without seen the cortesy lights getting on.

Any advise???

The unit that controls the door locks and the lights timing out is the security module (CLP/SSM) in the trunk under the carpet. Any damage there and it causes all sorts of trouble.
I would first look for water damage to this module caused by water laying in the well in which it sits.
A simple test is to slide a piece of paper between the foam and the well side and look for water on the paper or drill a hole in a rubber plug at the bottom of the passenger side well.

sedavigo@gmail.com 04-14-2019 11:18 PM

I will take a look at this tomorrow, anyway I will be at the Mercedes shop locally and I will get back with the input here. I was wondering if this was something with Mercedes cause I have a friend with a Benz 240 and he is having the same issue, just wondering if this was MBs issues.

Thank you pizzaguy.