CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   General (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/general/)
-   -   2009 Member's Choice Crossfire Calendar (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/general/27776-2009-members-choice-crossfire-calendar.html)

tom2112 09-07-2008 04:50 PM

2009 Member's Choice Crossfire Calendar

UPDATE:
CALENDARS ARE READY AND FOR SALE NOW!!!
go to:
http://www.cafepress.com/XfireCalendar
The 2009 Member's Choice calendar is the one that forum members voted on the photos. The other calendars are made of images submitted this year, but ones that didn't win. Enjoy!!!

I will be posting a fourth calendar on Tuesday or Wednesday (After the Dragon!).

Submission of photos is closed.
Rating of photos is closed.
Calendars are due to go on sale approx. Nov 1st. More on that when the time comes!

================================================== ======

OK, it's time to get to work on the 2009 Member's Choice Crossfire Calendar!

What is it?
It's a 12 month, 2009 wall calendar made up of photos of member's Crossfires.

Who takes the photos?
You do! The calendar is made up of photos submitted by members of this forum.

Who chooses the cars in the calendar?
You do! After the photos are submitted, I will post them in my gallery. They everyone can rate them. The twelve with the highest ratings will be in the calendar.

How do I submit a photo?
Email your photos to crossfirecalendar@yahoo.com. Be sure to state in your message that you own the photo and that you give permission for it to be used in the calendar. Also include your CrossfireForum ID and your real name. Tell us where the photo was taken too.

How long will you take photos?
Photos will be accepted until midnight September 30, 2008. Photos submitted afterwards will be deleted.

How do I rate the photos?
They will be posted in my gallery.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1104

Below the photo, you’ll see a Rating line where you can rate each photo. The higher the rating, the more you like it.

How long will the rating go on?
I’ll leave the photos up for rating from October 1st, through midnight on October 15, 2009.

What makes a good calendar photo?
Obviously, the photo MUST include a Crossfire!
You must own the rights to the photo in order to submit it.
The photo must be AT LEAST 2,000 by 2,000 pixels. (That’s 4 megapixel.)
8 Megapixel is even better.
Be sure to leave some room around the Crossfire in the photo. This allows for cropping the image and for bleed at the edges of the calendar pages.
Great locations make for excellent backdrops, which make excellent calendar photos.
(Photos that don't meet these criteria, will be deleted.)

What happens after the photos are rated?
After Oct 15th, I will post the winners here. Then I’ll begin making the calendars. In a week or two, the calendars will be made available for purchase from a web site. Last year I used CafePress.com. I may try a new vendor this year.

Who determines the price of the calendar?
The web site sets the prices. I don’t charge anything above the cost of the web site. This is a non-profit exercise. However, the web site that makes and sells the calendars will make money, but I don’t get any of it, and neither does the forum.

If you have more questions, just ask.

Now go take some great photos of your Crossfire and submit them!!

downwardspiral 09-07-2008 05:32 PM

Re: 2009 Member's Choice Crossfire Calendar

I'm taking some pictures tommorow! :p

James1549 09-07-2008 05:36 PM

So how big are the photos on the calendar that they have to be 4 megapixel?

tom2112 09-07-2008 06:18 PM

Last year's member's choice calendar was 8.5" by 11" with a 1/2" bleed. There were other calendars that were larger, but they required even higher resolution images.

If all of this year's winners images are high enough resolution, I would like to do 11" by 17" calendar instead.

04Fire 09-07-2008 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
If all of this year's winners images are high enough resolution, I would like to do 11" by 17" calendar instead.

That would be cool... 11x17!

I'm submitting now!

GatorLCA 09-08-2008 08:23 AM

Mine's submitted. I should have one of them locked up for a summer month ;)

Valk 09-08-2008 04:45 PM

My photos have been submitted.
I will be watching your gallery daily

Valk

Illegal Machine 09-08-2008 06:41 PM

Submitted...

tom2112 09-09-2008 07:50 PM

Bumpity bump bump!

04Fire 09-09-2008 08:26 PM

I think we should finally replace the 2008 Calendar thread sticky at the top of the Coupe section with the ’09…:confused:

+fireamx 09-09-2008 09:05 PM

Tom, this is only a suggestion but I think one thing that should be important is to include all the colors offered on the Crossfire in each calendar. No matter how the voting adds up.
I could only come up with 9 colors offered, unless there were actually 2 different "shades" of red, and 2 different greys.
Maybe 6 roadsters, and 6 coupes per calendar.
If you plan on doing 3 different styles of Calendars (like you did last year) instead of just the the top 12 photos, why not the top 36 entered? That way more forum members can get their cars published.
Of course this all depends on you receiving at least 36 good quality photos.;)

downwardspiral 09-09-2008 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Tom, this is only a suggestion but I think one thing that should be important is to include all the colors offered on the Crossfire in each calendar. No matter how the voting adds up.
I could only come up with 9 colors offered, unless there were actually 2 different "shades" of red, and 2 different greys.
Maybe 6 roadsters, and 6 coupes per calendar.
If you plan on doing 3 different styles of Calendars (like you did last year) instead of just the the top 12 photos, why not the top 36 entered? That way more forum members can get their cars published.
Of course this all depends on you receiving at least 36 good quality photos.;)

Great idea, I'd like to see some nice gold ones ;)

Mimi05SRT6 09-10-2008 12:02 AM

Wow, this is awesome! Can't wait to buy the 2009 calendar, even if my cars not in it! :p

tom2112 09-10-2008 05:29 AM

Good ideas, Mike. But I don't know how feasible they are. The biggest variable is the quality and layout of the photos received. Last year I received several great photos that couldn't be used because of layout, aspect ratio, poor resolution, and a host of other minor issues. Already, I've bounced back several photos for those reasons.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that we won't get one of every color in the calendar. I've yet to see a photo of a gold one, except for the one in the Chrysler marketing materials. Photos of the yellow ones are hard to come by too. But I'm sure the others will be represented.

When it comes down to it, I'll let the voting decide. I won't put several images of one person's car in the member's choice calendar. But other than that, I try to let the ratings speak for themselves.

Of course, if I have enough photos left, I'll put together another calendar - or two. The real controlling factor there is high resolution images. I've received some good ones so far, and I hope they keep them coming! If I have enough, I wouldn't mind doing multiple member's choice calenders - a high res 11 by 17 and a lower res 8.5 by 11.

We'll see. It all depends on the images submitted.

+fireamx 09-10-2008 01:00 PM

We trust your judgment.;)

FP 09-10-2008 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
We trust your judgment.;)

Well, let's not go that far:p But , we'll deal with it;)

Shawnkey 09-13-2008 05:01 PM

No great pics this year from me, sorry. I did send one out as an outside chance. I do video now.

James1549 09-13-2008 08:55 PM

I wasn't around last year for the calendar sale. I am not sure what quality or price you guys worked with. I looked around at CafePress and really don't know much about them. I have seen calendars from FedeX- Kinkos and I thought they looked pretty good. I looked at all their different formats available and you may want to check into it.

http://www.fedex.com/us/officeprint/...rs.html?link=4

There are formats with single prints, two, three, and even four on a page. Check it out. If I don't make the forum calendar, I may have to do 12 months of all my own:)

James

James1549 09-14-2008 06:14 AM

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "bleed" when you mention ½" bleed for the calendar pics?

James

tom2112 09-14-2008 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by James1549
Excuse my ignorance, but what is "bleed" when you mention ½" bleed for the calendar pics?

When an image is printed from edge to edge, the printer intentionally prints it a little larger than the size of the finished product. This gives the printer a little bit of leeway so his press doesn't have to be dead-on precise lining up the image. The excess image (the bleed) is cut off of the final product so that the image is truly edge to edge and no white space is left on the paper.

Most commercial press processes recommend a 1/16 of an inch bleed, some 1/32. CafePress' 1/2" is rather excessive, but I imagine its one method of keeping their costs low. They've automated the process as much as possible and don't want to pay people to line up the presses for each job.