CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   General (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/general/)
-   -   How politically aware are we Crossfire Owners? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/general/4275-how-politically-aware-we-crossfire-owners.html)

Danwell 03-08-2004 09:58 PM

How politically aware are we Crossfire Owners?

Okay, we were unique and different enough to purchase a Crossfire, so how smart are we in choosing the next President? If we want higher gas prices and taxes we will choose Kerry and if we want lower taxes and gas prices we will choose Bush. Without getting out of hand lets take this poll. I choose Bush :D

houstondan 03-08-2004 10:03 PM

Re: How politically aware are we Crossfire Owners?

Originally Posted by Danwell
Okay, we were unique and different enough to purchase a Crossfire, so how smart are we in choosing the next President? If we want higher gas prices and taxes we will choose Kerry and if we want lower taxes and gas prices we will choose Bush. Without getting out of hand lets take this poll. I choose Bush :D

well, i've been hearing some lyndon larouche ads on the radio and i have to admit i like his youthful vigor and fresh approach.

dan :shock: :twisted:

Danwell 03-08-2004 10:18 PM

okay, I looked up Lyndon Larouche and saw he is a Democrat. I should have also put "Other" as a possible selection but we all know Kerry and Bush are the most likely candidates and the others are just hopefulls. Looks like your vote will most likely be for Kerry, then. Oh well...

krusty_the_klown 03-08-2004 11:06 PM

My choice isn't there, the Libertarian candidate hasn't been nominated yet.

houstondan 03-09-2004 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Danwell
okay, I looked up Lyndon Larouche and saw he is a Democrat. I should have also put "Other" as a possible selection but we all know Kerry and Bush are the most likely candidates and the others are just hopefulls. Looks like your vote will most likely be for Kerry, then. Oh well...

well, now, don't be jumpin to conclusions about my political choices. i expect to see another mass-defection of democrats to ralph nader and his proposal that the only car legal to sell in america be a checker marathon. lot to think about there.

but i think i'll stick with lyndon for the moment. he knows a lot that the rest of us don't, being as he's from the planet xenon and all.

dan :shock: :twisted:

WesMichaels 03-09-2004 06:32 AM

As a Viet Nam vet. I resent that Kerry calls himself a hero after begging for Purple Hearts for minor flesh wounds and then after his 3rd scratch wound and Purple Heart he had the Navy send him home to Mommy....... Not my idea of a "Hero". I spent 16 months in country and was medivaced to the States. He spent 4 months in country and walked onto his "Freedom Bird".

I'm really surprised that Kerry doesn't have his good buddy, Jane Fonda, as his champaign manager. :twisted:

OH!!! Did I mention that I am voting for Bush? :D

wonderdallas 03-09-2004 06:55 AM

Not that I like Kerry so much,

BUT I've overlooked Bush's lack of vocabulary, percieved intelligence and very questionable reasons for war only to be pushed over the edge by the gay marriage debate. Any president who would amend the Constitution of the Untited States to TAKE AWAY freedom is a fool. Never has an amendment done this and I believe in 20 years society will look back in disbelief at the goings on of today. How ridiculous it was that only in the late 60s that interracial marriage restrictions were struck down. Doesn't that sound so backwards that it was only so recent that we had those types of discriminatory laws on the books? Bush is writing his own history here and it won't be seen as flattering.

I take amendments seriously :?

Dallas

wonderdallas 03-09-2004 06:59 AM

ps: Actually I'm Liberaterian and a lover of FREEDOM. So it's not so much that I would vote FOR Kerry, but AGAINST Bush.

That said I definately can empathize with any veteran's feelings towards either candidate....or Jane Fonda for that matter (despite her being very nice to me)

CCrossfire 03-09-2004 07:47 AM

When you cast your Presidential vote please remember, your not just voting for one person, but rather for an administration, a philosophy, an entire government. I bit my lip when I voted for George W. but was rewarded with a cabinet, a philosophy, and a government that I can agree with. I like to think of myself as an Independent, but I shudder to think of a Kerry cabinet. Someone to the left of Teddy scares me to death.

landho 03-09-2004 08:14 AM

As far as I can tell, gas prices are highest ever under the Bush Admin. :(

caught in a crossfire 03-09-2004 08:41 AM

Don't tell me about gas prices, I'm in there! My shop happens to be in a Chevron gas station and fuel prices are the highest in history, and to my knowledge we still have a Right-wing rose "Bush" in charge! Maybe we should all write in Joe Lieberman, maybe his cabinet and work ethics could pull us out of the crapper. Also got to agree with" wondedallas", the thought of Bush changing the constitution is way out there, after all the country was founded on freedom of choice and speech!

By the way, remember when the right-wingers tried to ban" Harry Potter" a few years back, saying it was devil worship? Now they are on the bandwagon and buying the books, DVD's and paraphenalia like it was going out of style. JK Rowlings is now just a pittance away from passing up Oprah! $!1.1 billion and counting> Funny how things change.

BobaFettm 03-09-2004 11:35 AM

Politically Aware... and you only put two candidates ... one of which was elected by about 25% of the USA ... I have only 2 more classes till my Bachlors in Political Science... a few more for a Bachlor's in MIS... and I'm gonna head on to a masters in Public Administration with a focus in Criminal Justice...

Fudge Kerry... Fudge Bush....

:) Vote for someone that actually is middle class and represents America....

but if I have to vote for those two... Bush so Hillary can be president in 2k8 ;) IMO....

Reg Kittrelle 03-09-2004 12:04 PM

"cIf we want higher gas prices and taxes we will choose Kerry and if we want lower taxes and gas prices we will choose Bush." c wrote Danwell

Nothing like a little prejudicial preamble to your poll. "Politically aware?" c and you only list two/

jsisabella 03-09-2004 12:40 PM

I types a really long response to this, but when I tried to post it, it came back with "invalid session". Bummer.

Here is the short version....

Wonderdallas: Incorrect statement - Article XVIII was Prohibition - I think that classifies as an Amendment that removed a freedom.

Kerry - He talks alot about what is wrong, but I hear no solutions from him. Rolling up his very expensive sleeves, playing the "common man", and giving me one liners does not make him Presidential in my eyes. So why should I vote form him?

Bush - Once he makes up his mind, he sticks with it. Being the boss means making the hard decisions, popular or not. I can respect that. That is why I will vote for him again.

Hillary????? Oh no, please not that!!!!!!

WesMichaels 03-09-2004 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by CCrossfire
When you cast your Presidential vote please remember, your not just voting for one person, but rather for an administration, a philosophy, an entire government. I bit my lip when I voted for George W. but was rewarded with a cabinet, a philosophy, and a government that I can agree with. I like to think of myself as an Independent, but I shudder to think of a Kerry cabinet. Someone to the left of Teddy scares me to death.

AMEN!!!

Reg Kittrelle 03-09-2004 12:46 PM

If we're all smart we will quietly and quickly walk away from this topic.

CCrossfire 03-09-2004 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Reg Kittrelle
If we're all smart we will quietly and quickly walk away from this topic.

I agree Reg, but I just have to mention a couple of things. No administration be they Republican or Democratic has much effect at all on gas prices - ever hear of OPEC? GW would LOVE low gasoline prices, high prices only benefit the Democrats at this point. And in this regard we all deserve a pat on the back, we could have bought one of those very large gas guzzling Stupid Useless Vehicles instead of a Crossfire. I'm getting 25+ with mine. BTW check out gas prices in Europe and Japan and count your blessings.

Reg Kittrelle 03-09-2004 01:12 PM

I am going to resist commenting on the political side.

I don't want to know the political views of my fellow owners. I don't want to slot any of you into any category other than "Crossfire Owner." That way, when we inevitably meet, we'll enjoy it much more.

Gailwrath 03-09-2004 03:33 PM

Dito here, well said Reg.

wonderdallas 03-09-2004 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by jsisabella
Wonderdallas: Incorrect statement - Article XVIII was Prohibition - I think that classifies as an Amendment that removed a freedom.

Hillary????? Oh no, please not that!!!!!!

We can agree on one thing, no Hillary! :D

As far as prohibition, yes you are technically correct and I should have been clearer about my thoughts. Prohibition can not be compared to civil rights. I think prohibition was ridiculous and duely overturned but was merely an inconvienence when juxtaposed to true civil rights.

One thing I think is a smart idea.....let's not discuss politics. It's a quick way to ruin the good vibes of this site. If you own a X-fire then I'll like ya no matter what! :D

I did a smokey burn out today! How's that?! 8)