CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   General (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/general/)
-   -   One of our fellow members needs your thoughts and prayers (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/general/46534-one-our-fellow-members-needs-your-thoughts-prayers.html)

rcompart 11-16-2010 07:53 PM

One of our fellow members needs your thoughts and prayers

While I don't know all the details of what happened, Vince (Never_satisfied) was hospitalized after sustaining injuries while on duty. I do not know the extent of his injuries but regardless, Vince and his family needs to be in our thoughts and prayers. I will let everyone know if I hear anything and how he is doing and let's all wish him speedy recovery.

Thanks everyone and take care,

Rudy

InfernoRedXfire 11-16-2010 08:18 PM

Re: One of our fellow members needs your thoughts and prayers

Originally Posted by rcompart
While I don't know all the details of what happened, Vince (Never_satisfied) was hospitalized after sustaining injuries while on duty. I do not know the extent of his injuries but regardless, Vince and his family needs to be in our thoughts and prayers. I will let everyone know if I hear anything and how he is doing and let's all wish him speedy recovery.

Thanks everyone and take care,

Rudy

Consider it done Rudy. Our prayers are with Vince and his family.

Thanks for letting us know of the news.

Franc Rauscher 11-16-2010 08:24 PM

Thanks for posting this Rudy.

Consider it done here.

Franc & Cathy

JHM2K 11-16-2010 09:17 PM

Done here as well. Please keep us updated, I met him at the dragon and he's a super nice guy

Valk 11-16-2010 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I met Vince and we drove together in our Crossfires all the way from Illinois to Fontana Dam in October to the Dragon.
He's a really nice guy !!
My prayers are with him and his family...keep us updated with any new news

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...sc_5241aaa.jpg

Bigkid 11-16-2010 09:42 PM

You got it Rudy. I also enjoyed meeting and talking with Vince at the Dragon. Great guy who loves his country.

bluecoupe 11-17-2010 05:17 AM

Very sorry to hear this, hopefully nothing serious.

maxcichon 11-17-2010 06:32 AM

Done. He's a very nice fella' and I hope him all the best.

amx1397 11-17-2010 09:55 AM

done X2 jim

Larry Hitze 11-17-2010 10:06 AM

I hope all's well, Larry

acrispy1 11-17-2010 10:28 AM

I hope he's OK. Keep us posted Rudy.

autumnmass 11-17-2010 10:48 AM

Sorry to hear the news, please keep us posted. My prayers and thoughts are with him and his family.

Jason_HBC 11-17-2010 04:01 PM

I met Vince at the Dragon as well and he was very enjoyable to be around. I know I will be keeping him in my thoughts and wishing him the speediest of recoveries.
Vince keep your head up and we will be expecting you in the Spring at the Dragon!

Jason

rcompart 11-17-2010 07:11 PM

Here's the update I received from his family.

They are still running tests. As of right now Vince has some lower back injuries that affect the same area he had repaired from when he got injured while serving. This is causing most of the problems as the scaring makes it almost impossible to do any major surgeries to repair this area. Right know he has no feeling or movement in his legs from the knee down. There is cramping and pain in his hands and wrist they say from the spine injury. He is talking but his throat is swelled and sore where he hit it on the way down the steps. There are some smaller cuts and scraps he picked up during the fall. The problem is the steps where made of sharp metal and close to a story up. He is in good spirits as always. The truth is the way things look he may not walk again and if so, very limited with help. We will know more as time goes by. But their concern right now is with his hands and wrist.
Everyone that has posted, thank you. Those that haven't, please do so as his family will be sharing this with him and he needs all the help and prayer he can get and we are all family to him, a great big Crossfire family.

I will update with more information as I receive it.

Valk 11-17-2010 07:26 PM

Vince,
Know that your friends here are praying for your recovery.
It sounds pretty scary and I hope you pull through this.
Keep your spirits up and be sure to keep Rudy informed so we know how your doing.
Rudy has my cell # if ya want to reach me.

Gary

bmorgan 11-17-2010 07:53 PM

Vince, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We hope you make a full and complete recovery. Best wishes, Bob

NeedsWings 11-17-2010 07:59 PM

Our prayers are with you Vince!

Beaner 11-17-2010 08:25 PM

If there is feeling from the knees up, which there is... Vince will be fine. Maybe not 100% but darn close to it. Just take a while to recover.

I know I am not a doctor... and more Rum does not cure a hangover... but we have to think positive!

Heal up soon Vince.

ichon 11-17-2010 08:27 PM

Vince, your auto family and friends are pulling for you. Recover stronger than before your mishap. God's Grace upon you and your family. See ya soon buddy.

dinasrt 11-17-2010 08:48 PM

Throwing positive waves your way; you will overcome this. Those are orders from the TOP as I understand it.