CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   General (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/general/)
-   -   Gas Prices... Again (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/general/48252-gas-prices-again.html)

Chris L. 02-22-2011 05:10 PM

Gas Prices... Again

92 pure gas here > $3.40 / gallon.....2 days ago.....still going up.....BP ....speaking of the British....what is it ....about 9 U.S $s / U.S. gallon over there?

Franc Rauscher 02-22-2011 05:26 PM

Re: Gas Prices .....Again

Originally Posted by Chris L.
92 pure gas here > $3.40 / gallon.....2 days ago.....still going up.....BP ....speaking of the British....what is it ....about 9 U.S $s / U.S. gallon over there?

That Damm GW Bush. Is he at it again?:rolleyes:

The guy spends two years quietly minding his own business, clearing brush in Crawford TX. Then he comes out with a book and some public appearances.

Suddenly,the price of gas skyrockets.;)

Coincidence?:p

pizzaguy 02-22-2011 05:30 PM

With what is going on in the mideast, this is only the beginning.

I am concerned enough that I am staying iwth my current employer just for the fact that my commute is 3 miles in company truck - the ohter job would be 35 miles in my own car (that's one way, each day).

Watch marketwatch.com and focus on the price of oil. We are headed for some trouble. :(

blackcrossfire07 02-22-2011 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
That Damm GW Bush. Is he at it again?:rolleyes:

The guy spends two years quiettly minding his own business, clearing brush in Crawford TX. Then he comes out with a book and public some appearances.

Suddenly,the price of gas skyrockets.;)

Coincidence?:p

Funny how the left said we were at war for the oil.... if that is the case where is the free oil?

InfernoRedXfire 02-22-2011 07:23 PM

[quote=Chris L.]92 pure gas here > $3.40 / gallon.....2 days ago.[quote]

Really? Pure gas with no ethanol?

Wish we could get that here.

BP ....speaking of the British....what is it ....about 9 U.S $s / U.S. gallon over there?

Most of Libya's oil goes to Europe and very little to North America so expect their prices to increase much faster than ours.

Chris L. 02-22-2011 08:38 PM

[quote=InfernoRedXfire
[COLOR=Blue]Really? Pure gas with no ethanol?

[/COLOR]

Rare, but most expensive around.......BP....station owner willing to show invoices. 5% cash back on BP VISA. Plus, $70 worth of free gas cards (so far) since Dec. with rewards program that ends soon......5 fillups of 8 gals = 1x$10 card.....sometimes they hand me 2 or 3 cards.....maybe cause having the XFs visit their station so often makes them look good?

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...humbs/0136.JPG

onehundred80 02-22-2011 09:07 PM

Re: Gas Prices... Again

:rolleyes:

Average for regular is US$7.56 per US gallon, Premium (Super) is US$7.99.
Regular is about US$9.45 per Imperial gallon and Premium US$9.99 per Imperial gallon
Still cheaper than some fancy bottled water. :p
http://www.theaa.com/onlinenews/alla...bruary2011.pdf
This chart mentions 95 octane, this is using the RON rating, US and Canada use the AKI rating.
RON rating times .95 = AKI
95(RON) x .95 = 90 AKI = Regular gas.
98(RON) x .95 = 93 AKI = Premium gas.

InfernoRedXfire 02-22-2011 09:11 PM

[quote=Chris L.]

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
[COLOR=Blue
Really? Pure gas with no ethanol?

[/color]

Rare, but most expensive around.......BP....station owner willing to show invoices. 5% cash back on BP VISA. Plus, $70 worth of free gas cards (so far) since Dec. with rewards program that ends soon......5 fillups of 8 gals = 1x$10 card.....sometimes they hand me 2 or 3 cards.....maybe cause having the XFs visit their station so often makes them look good?

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...humbs/0136.JPG

Is the BP station you mention the one in Olathe on this list? Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Chris L. 02-23-2011 08:08 AM

The only 2 stations that sell "pure" premium that I'm certain of (in the KC area) are the BP just off I-70 at the 78th street exit in KCK & the HYVEE station on 119th in Olathe ...or is that Overland Park???

Odd, the (I-70) BP doesn't show on that list as several months ago I added it to the list myself?

I actually stopped at the one in Olathe & they said their premium does have ETOH.

muskrat 02-23-2011 08:44 AM

I paid the equivalent of $7.92 for a US gallon last fill up of unleaded which I think is near enough your premium. Whats ethanol;)

Germany 02-23-2011 08:50 AM

Yupp, we are at 8$ a gallon here atm for 98 Octane!

dedwards0323 02-23-2011 09:41 AM

Premium at $3.30-$3.40 per gallon here in SC. Typically doesn't matter whether it's with or without ethanol dilution.

Still can get Unleaded Regular for $2.90-$2.99 all over town. That's why the XFire is used sparingly right now & stays covered. I'm typically using my 1993 SSGT (Suzuki Swift GT) around town which gets 32-33 mpg and always has since I bought it new back in 1993.

Franc Rauscher 02-23-2011 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by muskrat
I paid the equivalent of $7.92 for a US gallon last fill up of unleaded which I think is near enough your premium. Whats ethanol;)

Ethanol is corn wiskey produced with a subsidy by the US government to be added to our Petroleum based gasoline. It costs more than four dollars a gallon to produce, even with the one dollar subsidy from the US government. It rots the seals and rubber in our fuel sytems, cannot be transported by pipeline, and is therefore a waste of time, money, and good agricultural land.

It's promotion as a fuel additive has tripled the price of corn and substantialy raised the price of food world wide.

All this while reducing the MPG we get out of a gallon of fuel because it has only half the energy of gasoline. And, it has a limited shelf life which means if you don't use it you lose it and likely whatever motor you stored over winter. It absorbs water and separates from the petroleum part of the fuel mix.

It has made companies like ADM and Monsanto rich while forcing the use of marginal land into production. The requirements for petro chemical fertilizers has increased substantialy. Therefore the importation of foriegn oil into the US goes unabated.

Ethanol. A remarkable achievement.

On the bright side, our fuel lines don't freeze in winter.:rolleyes:

roadster with a stick

Chris L. 02-23-2011 12:56 PM

I started this thread, so I can't hijack it.......last weekend I bought a remote controlled toy helicopter for $11 at Walmart. It stays in the air for > 5 min & takes 5 min of color video......can't wait for a windless day (super light weight) to take it outside & video the neighborhood from 40 feet up. Attaches to laptop to recharge & view the video.

Expected to see a big rise in gas today....still $3.40 though.

InfernoRedXfire 02-23-2011 01:03 PM

The place I regularly get gas went up 10 cents over night. I just got back from lunch and it had gone up another 10 cents.

Glad I filled up my gas guzzlin', giant carbon foot printing, honkin' big SUV yesterday morning. :D

Chris L. 02-23-2011 01:18 PM

I think my interest in toys was perked a couple of weeks ago when our daughter & her husband brought over gifts for us to open.......it was baby clothes!!!!! 1st time Grandparents. Next day they left for the Bahamas.....she takes my grankid out of the country one more time & I'm suing for custody!!

dedwards0323 02-23-2011 01:36 PM

Ethonal is corn wiskey produced with a subsidy by the US government to be added to our Petroleum based gasoline. It costs more than four dollars a gallon to produce, even with the one dollar subsidy from the US government. It rots the seals and rubber in our fuel sytems, cannot be transported by pipeline, and is therefore a waste of time, money, and good agricultural land.

It's promotion as a fuel additive has tripled the price of corn and substantialy raised the price of food world wide.

All this while reducing the MPG we get out of a gallon of fuel because it has only half the energy of gasoline. And, it has a limited shelf life which means if you don't use it you lose it and likely whatever motor you stored over winter. It absorbs water and separates from the petroleum part of the fuel mix.

It has made companies like ADM and Monsanto rich while forcing the use of marginal land into production. The requirements for petro chemical fertilizers has increased substantialy. Therefore the importation of foriegn oil into the US goes unabated.

Ethonal. A remarkable achievement.

roadster with a stick

Now, Franc. You didn't share any 'value-added' aspects of ethanol 'enriched' (what an exaggeration!) gasoline fuel.

muskrat 02-23-2011 01:53 PM

[quote=Franc Rauscher]Ethonal is corn wiskey produced with a subsidy by the US government to be added to our Petroleum based gasoline. It costs more than four dollars a gallon to produce, even with the one dollar subsidy from the US government. It rots the seals and rubber in our fuel sytems, cannot be transported by pipeline, and is therefore a waste of time, money, and good agricultural land.

Ethonal. A remarkable achievement.

Not a fan then:)
Bring on the hydrogen made from nice clean nuclear power stations I say, I'm sure Homer can do it.
Apparently we do add it over here as well but just don't tell people, can't say I've ever noticed any problem. Maybe because our standard is 95ron?

Franc Rauscher 02-23-2011 03:00 PM

[quote=muskrat]

Ethonal is corn wiskey produced with a subsidy by the US government to be added to our Petroleum based gasoline. It costs more than four dollars a gallon to produce, even with the one dollar subsidy from the US government. It rots the seals and rubber in our fuel sytems, cannot be transported by pipeline, and is therefore a waste of time, money, and good agricultural land.

Ethanol. A remarkable achievement.

Not a fan then:)
Bring on the hydrogen made from nice clean nuclear power stations I say, I'm sure Homer can do it.
Apparently we do add it over here as well but just don't tell people, can't say I've ever noticed any problem. Maybe because our standard is 95ron?

I just find it immoral to burn food in our engines. People are starving all over the world.

We raise the price of Corn from $ 80 a ton to $280 a ton. All so our nation is less dependent on foreign oil. Are we?

I saw a 17 acre field get denied crop insurance because farming it was environmentaly "unfriendly" Two years later it was cultivated for corn because the crop was at $240 per ton. Summer rains put all of it in the creek below. That is the madness of Ethanol.

No I'm not a fan.

Franc Rauscher 02-23-2011 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Now, Franc. You didn't share any 'value-added' aspects of ethanol 'enriched' (what an exaggeration!) gasoline fuel.

To produce one gallon of Ethanol requires .60 gallon of petroleum.
Ethonal produces 1/2 the BTU's of gasoline.:(

The math gets worse from there.:mad:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40317079...s-environment/

but later
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_787776.html