General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Are you considering a lift

Old 08-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Are you considering a lift

Finally got the garage done enough to install the rotary lift.

If you have on or are considering one, Id like to suggest that you add some little details to make it better, this is my third lift I have installed and at 68 years I believe my last.

I added some RTV to the feet of the lift and in the case of this REVOLUTION lift I RTVed the edge of the cable guard. This keeps oil, water, and DIRT from getting underneath and being an issue in the future. THis is good to do before you get all big about using it and forgetting, the water could cause rusting and such later.

I built the floor with a 6" drop to promote drainage for snow water and spills to go OUT the front door so I did the higher side to protect it.

Next item is one I show off, its a power control where the lights switch the 240 volt compressor power and also switch an air solenoid to cut off air when lights are off. I used a 115 volt contactor at 30 amps to switch the power and a solenoid that was also 115 vac with 3/4" pipe fittings. This way I never forget to power off the compressor and if a line blows I dont run up a big bill, have a dead compressor, or stress the air lines while Iam gone. I just tied into the lighting circuit and have a dedicated outlet to feed the controls.

Hope the ideas add to your garage , works for me for the last 3 decades in my last house and shop. Enjoy Woody

I have so many photos I cant find stuff, the albums dont work for me sooooo...

CrossfireForum.org - waldig's Album: Garage things to help you out

WDY
'