CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/)
-   -   Centre Console (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/44219-centre-console.html)

Black03AR 07-29-2010 03:44 PM

Centre Console

Could anyone please tell me how to remove the silver centre console trim by the handbrake, the piece where the eletrice mirror switch is located. The piece on mine is severely chipped. I have managed to prise off the front part with a flat screwdriver but something seems to be holding the panel in place towards the rear where it ends and the storage compartment piece takes over.

cassidyrj1 07-29-2010 04:24 PM

Re: Centre Console

You have to take out the center console. There is two bolts in the cubbie in the back and I think two more under the plate where the shift knob is. Then there are screws that hold that silver trim on.

Black03AR 07-29-2010 04:27 PM

The piece with the cup holder in it. Just the top silver trim. I'm going to trim it in leather if I can rfemove it without breaking it.

onehundred80 07-29-2010 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Black03AR
The piece with the cup holder in it. Just the top silver trim. I'm going to trim it in leather if I can rfemove it without breaking it.

He's just told you how it comes off, take out the whole console and remove the screws in the back face of the silver trim.

ZORRO 07-29-2010 04:55 PM

Two screws from the underside of console hold that silver part on. To get to these, pull the handbrake cover off (Dish soap and a butter knife) and remove the screws under the carpet inside the console. Also two screws holding the console together, just in front of the part you want to remove. If you have the silver part from around the shifter (with the window buttons) out you can see them. Just lift the console straight up a little and pull back. The console just hooks together with four tabs. The wires have enough slack so you can get at the screws you want by turning the console on its side. You will also have to unplug the mirror switch. If you have a cup holder this is the time to get rid of it! The silver part your after has two tabs sticking straight out of its front and two more sticking straight down at about the front of the cup holder plus the two screws mentioned above. Sounds hard but it's not, just go slow and do not force anything.

Black03AR 07-30-2010 03:14 AM

Thanks for your help guys. I will do this tomorrow and post pics!

cassidyrj1 07-30-2010 11:58 AM

I dont think anyone metioned pull the ebrake up before you try to take the console out.

pizzaguy 07-30-2010 12:33 PM

Getting the piece out from around the shifter can be tricky. (This is the part that the window switches are in). There are two screws under that, and there are two screws in the lockable storage thingy at the back, under the little piece of carpet. Taking those four screws out, and using the above advice on how to take the e-brake handle off (See Zorro's post) will get you ready to remove the console.

IF you are concerned about scratching anything, have at least one think towel ready to cover the shifter area after you pull the console up and forward, over the e-brake handle. There will be an air hose attached to the lock mechanism for the storage compartment, gently pull and twist it until it comes off. You can unplug the mirror switch harness (and if it's a Roadster, the top button switch harness) and pull the whole thing out to work on out of the car.

On an automatic, you remove the little trim piece from around the shifter first, then pop up the remaining trim from inside the shifter opening at the back. It then lifts out.

I THINK removing that piece from around the shifter in a 6 speed would be even easier - but unsure since I don't have a 6 speed. Seems like you could just stick your fingers down at the back of the shift boot and pop the piece free like you can in an auto once you get the little trim frame out.

Larry Hitze 07-30-2010 12:42 PM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...r_Model_AA.jpghttps://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...oval_AA_3_.jpghttps://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...oval_AA_4_.jpghttps://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...oval_AA_5_.jpg

Here is a few pictures that might be helpful.

pizzaguy 07-30-2010 01:05 PM

They are worth a 1,000 words, Larry.

SO... is removing the trim from around the 6 speed shift easy? Do we just pull up like with the auto?

Larry Hitze 07-30-2010 01:08 PM

Pizza, I thought that it was extremely easy. I changed out the cupholder for a storage bin in about half an hour never having had any of that apart before. It took me longer to figure out how to post those pictures.

Larry Hitze 07-30-2010 01:11 PM

The piece around the shifter just popped up, I used a piece of hard wood so not to scratch it, but a soft touch with a small screwdriver with no sharp edges would do the trick.

pizzaguy 07-30-2010 01:33 PM

Well, with the auto, I WORKED AND WORKED to get the LITTLE trim piece off around the shifter so I could pry up the other part! :rolleyes:

I guess the stick IS easier.

But I also didn't know the Roadster console had a lock hose on it. Scared me, thought it was part of the top controls - I didn't know I had pneumatic locks. If he has a Coupe, no air hose to deal with.

I want a Coupe! :(

Larry Hitze 07-30-2010 01:35 PM

I forgot about that air hose, mine doesn't have it so my brain failed me.

ccoverley@aol.com 01-27-2018 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There are at least three operations, probably more than 3

Changing the mirror stitch

Replacing a broken cup holder

Replacing the cup holder with the small bin

I have just changed the cup holder for the small bin

Mine is a manual

Pull the gear stick cover up (not off)

Lever up the gear stick surround

Undo the two Phillips screws which appear

Pull the back end of the storage bin carpet up to uncover two 10 mm nuts

Remove the gear stick rubber sleeve - it will come off, just a bit tight, use WD40 or other to loosen if neccessary

Move the centre console vertical and then you can do whatever it is you want to do

onehundred80 01-27-2018 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by ccoverley@aol.com (Post 900708)
There are at least three operations, probably more than 3

Changing the mirror stitch

Replacing a broken cup holder

Replacing the cup holder with the small bin

I have just changed the cup holder for the small bin

Mine is a manual

Pull the gear stick cover up (not off)

Lever up the gear stick surround

Undo the two Phillips screws which appear

Pull the back end of the storage bin carpet up to uncover two 10 mm nuts

Remove the gear stick rubber sleeve - it will come off, just a bit tight, use WD40 or other to loosen if neccessary

Move the centre console vertical and then you can do whatever it is you want to do

Always look at the date of the post you are answering, this one is 7 years old, so I guess the problem has been long solved, probably sold the car as well.
For your interest there is a PDF on how to do his. CLICK

Benzin 01-12-2021 05:42 PM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the front right turn signal? I am unable to find it.

GraphiteGhost 01-12-2021 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Benzin (Post 952118)
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the front right turn signal? I am unable to find it.

:) Hi, are you looking for a 'bulb' or the headlight assembly? Your post is kind of uninformative and not related to the OP post, to say the least, it seems. What does this post has to do with a console, exactly?... :)

Benzin 01-13-2021 12:46 AM

Apologies. I made a mistake. I was in a thread on spare parts but changed to this don't know how.