Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Interior door pulls

Old 07-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior door pulls

Hi Everyone, a new Crossfire owner here and just wondered how easy it was to get the interior door pulls off so I can get them painted as one is starting to flake.

I have done a search but can't seem to find any answers unless I am searching the wrong place so sorry if this has already been asked, which I am sure it has.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Interior door pulls

The omnipotent onehundred80 showed the solution in a recent thread. Here's the pic he posted showing the clips you have to depress after removing the door panel...

door-pull.jpg

And here's the link for removal of the door panel ...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post461635

Last edited by syfi; 07-09-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Bay Cruise
Hi Everyone, a new Crossfire owner here and just wondered how easy it was to get the interior door pulls off so I can get them painted as one is starting to flake.

I have done a search but can't seem to find any answers unless I am searching the wrong place so sorry if this has already been asked, which I am sure it has.

Thanks
Is the paint flaking or is it the plating coming off at the back and cutting your fingers?

Old 07-09-2013, 04:28 PM

Syfi, that description is brilliant and just what I was looking for. I searched and searched and couldn't find any real help on the issue so that is great.

onehunderd80 I see that thread syfi mentioned is from you so thanks. It is just the paint flaking along the grove on the top. I thought I might take them off and get them repainted, is that a good idea or should I just put leather straps on like on a corvette that was mentioned in another post.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:10 PM

Actually just reading that thread am I right in saying that the door handle comes apart in two pieces by splitting it along the grove that runs along the top, because if so maybe thats all I need to do as it's the front part (towards the inside of the car) that is flaking and maybe I can just get that half painted, if of course they can match it. If so how easy is it to spit the handle as I don't want to break it.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:01 PM

It is just the paint flaking along the grove on the top. I thought I might take them off and get them repainted, is that a good idea or should I just put leather straps on like on a corvette that was mentioned in another post.
Hey BC, I'm the one that posted the thread about the Leather Door Pull covers. My handles had developed small cracks at the split, and these are a great and quick solution without having to pull the door apart.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post746585

Old 07-09-2013, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by syfi
Hey BC, I'm the one that posted the thread about the Leather Door Pull covers. My handles had developed small cracks at the split, and these are a great and quick solution without having to pull the door apart.

Sorry I didn't realise it was you and yep they look great, if I can't split the handle as per the question in my earlier post I will definitely order a couple of these. Thanks

Old 07-10-2013, 12:04 AM

Thanks
To split them apart I used a screwdriver, very narrow at the point for a very thin slot, but wide, no sharp edges anywhere. I inserted it in the slot underneath and twisted it like it was a screw. Be careful as it will make a mark, but you cannot see it, do not slip though. Just be positive about it, be calm and keep the screwdriver from slipping.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
To split them apart I used a screwdriver, very narrow at the point for a very thin slot, but wide, no sharp edges anywhere. I inserted it in the slot underneath and twisted it like it was a screw. Be careful as it will make a mark, but you cannot see it, do not slip though. Just be positive about it, be calm and keep the screwdriver from slipping.
Brilliant I will try this first and if I can't get it painted I will go with a leather wrap. Thanks everyone.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:54 PM

Well the wife decided I would possibly break the handle trying to split it and she like the leather grab handle covers so syfi we decided to order two yesterday from the place you suggested. They said the will make them to fit and with postage all up $59 or in Aussie money $66. Cheers everyone.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:46 PM

Well the wife decided I would possibly break the handle trying to split it and she like the leather grab handle covers so syfi we decided to order two yesterday from the place you suggested. They said the will make them to fit and with postage all up $59 or in Aussie money $66. Cheers everyone.
That's cool, Bob. Throw up some pics when they're installed to see what they did differently.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 PM

That's cool, Bob. Throw up some pics when they're installed to see what they did differently.
No problem

Old 07-23-2013, 10:05 PM

Before and after, they did a great job.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:49 AM

Hey Bob, those look great. Did you have to inform them that you wanted these to fit the xfire door pull, or did you give them the dimensions you wanted? And if so, what dimensions did you use? And were these the charcoal or lt. grey?

Old 07-24-2013, 04:48 PM

Hey Bob, those look great. Did you have to inform them that you wanted these to fit the xfire door pull, or did you give them the dimensions you wanted? And if so, what dimensions did you use? And were these the charcoal or lt. grey?
Hi syfi

I did tell them I wanted it for a crossfire but I sent them this photo with sizes and colour. Its charcoal with light grey stitching. Should point out that it shows about the same amount of chrome on the other end as well so it looks even on both edges, you just cant see it in the photo.

Last edited by Bay Cruise; 07-24-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

Thanks for posting the pics and dimensions for your door handle covers. And thanks to syfi for sharing the vendor information and his pictures as well. They look very nice.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by autumnmass
Bob,

Thanks for posting the pics and dimensions for your door handle covers. And thanks to syfi for sharing the vendor information and his pictures as well. They look very nice.
You are welcome and if they help anyone who wants a set - go for it. Their service was excellent under two weeks to make and send to Queensland Australia.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to comment on onehundred80's comment: damn. I JUST sliced my finger open today on the back of my door pull. Damn you! LOL! I am intrigued by these leather covers.

In the meantime, has anyone tried sanding it down back there to make it less deadly until I can find a fix? I don't want to damage it, but holy cow, I don't wanna bleed out, either.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by LadyMills
I just wanted to comment on onehundred80's comment: damn. I JUST sliced my finger open today on the back of my door pull. Damn you! LOL! I am intrigued by these leather covers.

In the meantime, has anyone tried sanding it down back there to make it less deadly until I can find a fix? I don't want to damage it, but holy cow, I don't wanna bleed out, either.
I sanded my one down, twice, it is still OK.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LadyMills

Ladymills... have you considered a cover?...Carl

Quick Reply: Interior door pulls