CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/)
-   -   Need aftermarket seats and mounting brackets information (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/64530-need-aftermarket-seats-mounting-brackets-information.html)

psuperti 11-10-2013 07:54 PM

Need aftermarket seats and mounting brackets information

1 Attachment(s)
So now that the leather seats are cracked, the heater stopped working I want to replace them. But the search button is not giving me any information from passed threads. Will you guys post the websites, seat brands, mounting bases etc?

I want a reclining seat, I prefer suede and all for under $500 would be great. I know recaro and others are out of my price range :) this one on the pic is $200.

psuperti 11-11-2013 08:09 PM

Re: Need aftermarket seats and mounting brackets information

bump ? ? ? :(

sk8erjosh09 11-11-2013 08:12 PM

See my sig. Click on the seat linky.

Egodriver71 11-12-2013 04:30 PM

Seat Base Set

psuperti 11-12-2013 04:53 PM

Thanks guys! Hope the Needswings base is bolt on low stress. That custom bracket is too much for my back injury lol. A few year back I would be all over that :)

sk8erjosh09 11-12-2013 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by psuperti (Post 766601)
Thanks guys! Hope the Needswings base is bolt on low stress. That custom bracket is too much for my back injury lol. A few year back I would be all over that :)

Yeah, my welder and I weren't on good terms at the time otherwise it would have been a whole lot less drilling lol. It was an all day thing just drilling the damn holes out.

psuperti 11-13-2013 01:34 PM

The Revolutions Performance shop in Colorado Springs said 6 hours labor ($600ish) for Sparco seats and brackets instalation. :(

How much work you say I would have to do myself on Sparco brackets from Needswings on Sparco seats? Remove the old ones, move seat belt over, bolt on the the new ones? Maybe drilling new holes on the chasis?

32krazy! 11-13-2013 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
be careful with cheap chinese recling seats. i bought a cheap set and within 3 months both fiberglass buckets had broken at the recling point. seats are often a mistaken item. they are subject to over a thousand lbs of force during a crash dont want that breaking in half or coming loose during a crash. buy a good seat of seats. your body may thank down the road

i have a set of momo fixed back seats if your interested

psuperti 11-13-2013 03:20 PM

Dang I see! The confortable type seats start at $500 each with seat suspension. I will try for Sparco, hope I can make them work.

psuperti 01-01-2014 07:08 PM

psuperti 01-01-2014 07:12 PM

fyi the Sparco Chrono seat does not fit the crossfire. It hits the ceiling and door panel (I returned it). Too bad it was the cheapest full suspension street seats.

ImportLabSRT 01-02-2014 06:18 AM

They look great in there, and I am sure they grip a lot better than the stock seats! Do you feel you have more or less room, height-wise with these seats?

psuperti 01-02-2014 12:03 PM

The sitting position is higher now, I had to adjust all mirrors. I like it, I see more of the hood which will make hitting the apex points better I think. I'm 5-9 so I barely fit in there with a snell 2010 helmet :rolleyes:

RickZ 01-02-2014 05:29 PM

Seats really look nice.
I have a base model so heaters and electric controls are not a concern, but I was wondering if you had any issues with airbag or seatbelt sensors?

ImportLabSRT 01-03-2014 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by psuperti (Post 774098)
The sitting position is higher now, I had to adjust all mirrors. I like it, I see more of the hood which will make hitting the apex points better I think. I'm 5-9 so I barely fit in there with a snell 2010 helmet :rolleyes:

Thank you for the info. I am 6'3", and already have an issue with headroom in the car. Guess lightweight seats will not be on my mod list :(

psuperti 01-03-2014 12:05 PM

Hi, when I moved the sitbelt over to the new base bracket I moved the harness from the oem seat over as well. So there is no beeping sounds and the alert works the same. I got a light for seat belts off but not sound.

My driver seat heater was broken so it was cheaper for me to replace that seat with a R100, its $330 plus the pair bracket from Needswings.

psuperti 09-30-2016 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update: lots of back ache and just bought the seat cushions so I'm passing on the awesome $20.00 price since regular memory foam bottom cushions cost more.

psuperti 09-30-2016 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Newest picture with both matching Sparco R100 seats