CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/)
-   -   High End Cup Holder (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/68380-high-end-cup-holder.html)

syfi 07-08-2014 07:32 AM

High End Cup Holder

10 Attachment(s)
After alot of members have replaced the hideous cup holder with the bin, many still would like the cup holder option. Here's a few that may fit the bill!

Stumbled upon a nice fold-out alum billet cup holder being discussed over on SLK World that may be of interest!

The Perfect Cup Holder Solution! - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

Attachment 32245 Attachment 32246 Attachment 32247

Another option that may work... "The Ultimate Cup Holder"

BMW Cup Holders, Porsche Cup Holders, Ultimate Cup Holder - Cupholders / Drink Holders for BMW 3 5 7 Series, Boxster 911 Z4 Mercedes Audi NSX other fine cars.

Attachment 32248 Attachment 32249 Attachment 32250

And yet another possible option... "Fischer Cup Holder"

Fischer Cup Holder $14.99 - Ultimate Cupholders - Cup holders for 5 Series and 7 Series BMW, Z4, Porsche Boxster / Porsche 911 996, Mercedes, Audi, Acura NSX and other fine cars. The ultimate cup holder / cupholder!

Attachment 32254 Attachment 32253 Attachment 32251

rayth 07-08-2014 09:56 AM

Re: High End Cup Holder

I do like that first one... especially in black it would blend right in

maxcichon 07-08-2014 10:24 AM

That would look great in CF. And match my $150 Oil Filler Cap!

Cjmz888 07-08-2014 11:24 AM

I like the slip-in version BMW Cup Holders, Porsche Cup Holders, Ultimate Cup Holder - Cupholders / Drink Holders for BMW 3 5 7 Series, Boxster 911 Z4 Mercedes Audi NSX other fine cars.

petecullenz 08-12-2014 09:46 AM

Hey guys.

Just joined the forum and I am looking at buying two of these aluminium cup holders that are advertised for the Mercedes. Has anyone managed to sort out buying them? I'm after a link to where I can purchase them from. Anyone help? Not sure if I'm not looking right but I can't seem to find a link to a site.

syfi 08-12-2014 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by petecullenz (Post 807995)
I'm after a link to where I can purchase them from. Anyone help? Not sure if I'm not looking right but I can't seem to find a link to a site.

Here the link...

Replacement Billet Beverage Holder for Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky and Opel. | Santanainteriors.com

xfirepop 08-19-2014 04:23 AM

I never thought of it before I saw the ultimate cup holder....I'm going to raid my stash of bike parts for a bottle cage!! Carbon Fiber & two screw holes already there. Best part of it all is that it's already here! No shipping charge. Pics to follow.

maxcichon 08-19-2014 10:29 AM

$23

onehundred80 08-19-2014 11:11 AM

I have a great cup holder, the drink is always there when I want it, always at the right height, in fact just brilliant.

Trouble is she isn't always with me in the car.:(

ala_xfire 08-19-2014 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 808830)
I have a great cup holder, the drink is always there when I want it, always at the right height, in fact just brilliant.

Trouble is she isn't always with me in the car.:(

Does your wife know about her ?

RED DOG 08-19-2014 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 808835)
does your wife know about her ?

:) :) :)

Kurtp13 06-14-2017 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was inspired the Ultimate Cupholder and created my own version. I used a bike water bottle holder (cage) from ebay and a plastic pants hanger from a department store. I trimmed the clips and hanger wire from the straight section of the hanger. I cut it down to 9.5" in length. I heated it to spread the hanger a bit to pocket the bike cage. Then I screwed them together and push the straight section under the center console side. I'm not sure plastic will be stiff enough but it seems very sturdy. A bit of testing is in order.

onehundred80 06-14-2017 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kurtp13 (Post 889011)
I was inspired the Ultimate Cupholder and created my own version. I used a bike water bottle holder (cage) from ebay and a plastic pants hanger from a department store. I trimmed the clips and hanger wire from the straight section of the hanger. I cut it down to 9.5" in length. I heated it to spread the hanger a bit to pocket the bike cage. Then I screwed them together and push the straight section under the center console side. I'm not sure plastic will be stiff enough but it seems very sturdy. A bit of testing is in order.

Looks like a flashy stirrup from a gynacologists examination table. A bit kinky in a car I'd have thought.:p

James1549 06-14-2017 10:43 PM

I have to ask how you know that? Does it hurt?

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 889014)
Looks like a flashy stirrup from a gynacologists examination table.

05roadsterguy 06-17-2017 02:40 AM

We have tried lots of cup holders over the years, but we have settled on this one

Car Air Vent Cell Phone & Cup Mount Holder Bracket for Bottle Drink Cup New | eBay

daveesrt6 06-17-2017 03:38 AM

I like that Santana cup holder the best , but for the price of it !

GraphiteGhost 06-17-2017 12:16 PM

;) I like the one furthest from everything that can get messy from a spill AND only using water in the cup. Otherwise, one cup of soda/coffee/slushie and your going to have quite the time cleaning it up. On a trip, its even worse since cleanup usually happens much later and the 'medium' is sticking everywhere. Now if only cups have built-in bibs..... ;)

Billto 06-17-2017 01:40 PM

Bought one of these and mounted it on the left side of the Glove box door.
Works great.
Bill T.

daveesrt6 06-17-2017 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Billto (Post 889162)
Bought one of these and mounted it on the left side of the Glove box door.
Works great.
Bill T.

Interesting , can you share a pic of it installed ?

thanks