Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Right and left seats

Old 05-17-2017, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right and left seats

I believe you guys noticed that is very common to have signs of wear in the left seat (driver's side). I was wondering if I buy the passenger's UPPER BACKREST only, if it would replace the backrest on driver's side.

The question is because I am seeing a lot of good passenger's side but the drivers is always messed up

What do you guys think ?

Old 09-23-2017, 06:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Right and left seats

Very good question whether the passenger right upper back leather seat back will fit the driver upper seat back. One method is to only remove and replace the leather cover, the other is to replace the entire structure (frame) of the upper back but I think I read that seat warmer contacts are in diff locations (I don't have seat warmers but have leather-never hooked them up-don't drive in winter). Anyone out there knowledgeable if the passenger leather seat cover (only) will swap out with the driver upper seat back, and FIT! Help anyone??

Old 09-23-2017, 11:13 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: Right and left seats

I can't say for sure about just the covers but I would say they are not interchangeable. The seat back are different. When you see a pair for sale out of the car, the backs lean to the opposite sides.

James

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
seat.jpg (61.0 KB, 228 views)

Last edited by James1549; 09-23-2017 at 11:17 PM.