Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

My interior clock light won't turn off

Old 10-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My interior clock light won't turn off

Originally Posted by Steve Jr
You forgot one question . Can you brighten an dim the instrument cluster manually?
yeah when I turn on the headlights but the time and temperature display isn't effected

Old 10-28-2017, 08:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by House atredis
yeah when I turn on the headlights but the time and temperature display isn't effected
You are gettin feedback thru the instrument cluster(dash). There are only a few ways that can happen. Here's one , you can try unplugging the air temperature sensor. It seems one or more of the resistors on the circuit board are allowing it to keep voltage to those lights, other wise they would dim with the switch. If my suggestion doesn't work, I think the only thing I would do ,is replace the instrument panel. You can find them at salvage yards or (hate to say it) E-bay. They are plug an play so no problem there. Make sure you find one close to your milage or you could affect the value of your car. I'm not the only one following this , it is quite a unique situation. If anyone has another alternative thought ,please jump in. Let us know how you proceed, so we can offer assistance ,any way we can. Hope this helps....

Old 10-28-2017, 10:45 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Jr
You are gettin feedback thru the instrument cluster(dash). There are only a few ways that can happen. Here's one , you can try unplugging the air temperature sensor. It seems one or more of the resistors on the circuit board are allowing it to keep voltage to those lights, other wise they would dim with the switch. If my suggestion doesn't work, I think the only thing I would do ,is replace the instrument panel. You can find them at salvage yards or (hate to say it) E-bay. They are plug an play so no problem there. Make sure you find one close to your milage or you could affect the value of your car. I'm not the only one following this , it is quite a unique situation. If anyone has another alternative thought ,please jump in. Let us know how you proceed, so we can offer assistance ,any way we can. Hope this helps....
Probably a diode not a resistor has given up the ghost on the cluster circuit board.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Probably a diode not a resistor has given up the ghost on the cluster circuit board.
"Cooooorrection , thank you"...

​​​​​

Last edited by Steve Jr; 10-28-2017 at 11:46 PM.