CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/)
-   -   Interior Lighting (Dome, Trunk, Glove Compartment) (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/79305-interior-lighting-dome-trunk-glove-compartment.html)

ROB311952 11-21-2018 12:10 PM

Interior Lighting (Dome, Trunk, Glove Compartment)

I'm sure there is some kind of module that controls these, but I don't know what it's called or where it's located. My dome light won't go on and off when I open the doors (switch is to the right). I can push in the button between them and it works, so I know it has power.
What is the module that controls the lighting called, where is it located, and is it easy to get to?

onehundred80 11-21-2018 01:29 PM

Re: Interior Lighting (Dome, Trunk, Glove Compartment)

Originally Posted by ROB311952 (Post 915311)
I'm sure there is some kind of module that controls these, but I don't know what it's called or where it's located. My dome light won't go on and off when I open the doors (switch is to the right). I can push in the button between them and it works, so I know it has power.
What is the module that controls the lighting called, where is it located, and is it easy to get to?

It is in the trunk on the right under the foam it is callledthe CLP/SSM. It is an air/vacuum pump and if it gets flooded it corrodes and fails. It controls a lot of functions.
Check for water down beside the foam under the trunk mat with a bit of stiff paper. The pump is a bugger to get to as the trunk panels have to be taken out unless you butcher the foam insert.
CLICK for details

ROB311952 11-21-2018 09:13 PM

Thanks for the quick reply! Since today was the maiden voyage for Black Beast II and it popped a MAP pressure code like my first SRT-6 used to do from time to time, I erased the code and disconnected the battery for a reset. I will clean the MAF sensor tomorrow and that problem should stay gone for at least 6 months.
Low and behold after that reset, now my dome light goes on when I hit the unlock button on the fob and goes off when I turn the key in the ignition. I'm glad I don't have to mess with that pump thingie!

Aggy 01-02-2019 02:12 AM

I’m having same issue. Once I clean the CLP/SSM, do you have any recommendations on how to seal it to avoid flooding or water damage?

GraphiteGhost 01-02-2019 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aggy (Post 917141)
I’m having same issue. Once I clean the CLP/SSM, do you have any recommendations on how to seal it to avoid flooding or water damage?

;) Cannot seal it, it draws in air for the locks (pneumatic). Open up the two rubber grommets under that well area, water will drain out of it when it gets in there. ;)

onehundred80 01-02-2019 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Aggy (Post 917141)

The first step is to find the origin of the leak and fix it.
Often the pump is beyond repair if it gets wet inside, the terminals get corroded as well.