Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Factory Correct fitting replacement floor mats?

Old 01-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Factory Correct fitting replacement floor mats?

Having trouble finding decent custom-fit replacement floor mats (carpet or coco fiber) for my roadster. Would like to have ones with the snap-on tab holes as the original but can't seem to find anyone who provides this. Any tips on where I might look? Or do I just have to go with new ones that are the right shape and hope they won't slide around? Saw some great coco mats that would be great looking but not sure they are specific to the Crossfire and not similarly-sized generic. Thanks!

Old 01-08-2019, 11:38 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Factory Correct fitting replacement floor mats?

I got this set from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F2357I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F2357I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They have the metal grommet reinforced tab holes in the right places. that ft over the tab fittings on the floor.
I anchored them with metal washers and screws after tapping each of the tab fittings. Holds them in place very well.
Also painted the washers and screws black to blend in.
Worked for me.
Cheers,

Old 01-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by DESRTXF
Having trouble finding decent custom-fit replacement floor mats (carpet or coco fiber) for my roadster. Would like to have ones with the snap-on tab holes as the original but can't seem to find anyone who provides this. Any tips on where I might look? Or do I just have to go with new ones that are the right shape and hope they won't slide around? Saw some great coco mats that would be great looking but not sure they are specific to the Crossfire and not similarly-sized generic. Thanks!
There are custom floor mats for the Crossfire available (at least they used to be available) from The Crossfire Store. Here's the link - CLICK. You could also check out the website for Lloyd Mats. They typically offer custom mats for a wide selection of marques.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 01-10-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Here's a website where you can order a custom set of Lloyd floor mats for the Crossfire: Maryland Auto Mats

Old 01-14-2019, 06:42 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DESRTXF
The Lloyds mats are a fantastic fit and exceptional quality EXCEPT for their proprietary tab system that clips onto the factory mounting points. Those tend to get brittle and break off after awhile.

It was suggested to me on this forum recently to purchase a set of Mercedes-Benz floor mat grommets from eBay (or elsewhere) and add them to the Lloyds mats. I have ordered a set of those and will be doing it shortly. I may even do a how-to expose, although it sounds like I may be unique in having this problem.