Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

What's an SRT6 Garage Queen 6,178 Miles Worth

Old 01-15-2019, 12:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What's an SRT6 Garage Queen 6,178 Miles Worth

Originally Posted by janaiy
sold it yet?
No it has not, I've tried to bring up old post to things I've done as far as mod's to add, but the pictures don't show up. I think someone is missing out on a great deal. The air bag light that came on last year could be as simple as needing reset. I have always trickle charged the battery, but there has been a few times it was dead. I have it put up for the winter and planned on reposting in the spring with fresh new pictures.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not lower that price if you have time to sell it. Stick it on EBAY, I always end up selling my cars through someone that has seen them on EBAY.

For what it's worth, I bought a black SRT6 coupe last year with 20,000 miles for 15K and still think that I made a great deal. Your car will definitely get your asking price if advertised outside of this forum.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rajunz
I would not lower that price if you have time to sell it. Stick it on EBAY, I always end up selling my cars through someone that has seen them on EBAY.

For what it's worth, I bought a black SRT6 coupe last year with 20,000 miles for 15K and still think that I made a great deal. Your car will definitely get your asking price if advertised outside of this forum.
The price will not go down, it will go up after I get the air bag light problem fixed after winter. I've always watched prices on SRT-6's on EBay and in the last year or so I've seen a dealership in Chicago list 3 of them (nice, but higher mile's) the bidding would get up to $22k or so and the next thing you know is they are "know longer available".

Old 01-16-2019, 10:37 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
....the bidding would get up to $22k or so and the next thing you know is they are "know longer available".
So the shill bidder(s) went too far and drove the price above the car's value- and auction was ended. THAT is why it is "no longer available", notice that it did not sell, the auction was ended when it went too far.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Re: What's an SRT6 Garage Queen 6,178 Miles Worth

definitely a gorgeous xfire. Wish you were around the corner

Old 01-25-2019, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
The price will not go down, it will go up after I get the air bag light problem fixed after winter. I've always watched prices on SRT-6's on EBay and in the last year or so I've seen a dealership in Chicago list 3 of them (nice, but higher mile's) the bidding would get up to $22k or so and the next thing you know is they are "know longer available".
Thought, I would add a post to a mod I made to this car. I built it to be fast, but more importantly consistent. I wanted to take it to the local 1/8 drag strip and bring home some $ and trophy, if you know what your heat exchanger temp's are you know what you are going to run if you are off the line consistent. I made several runs at US 41 Drag Way and for every 8 to 10 degrees I lost about a second in the 1/4.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ling-fans.html

Old 01-29-2019, 11:08 PM

Bump - only driven in spring and fall, never in hot months here in IN. Has only had a garden hose wash 3 times - when I bought it, when it got rained on once (pop up shower) and when I brought it home from the US 41 drag strip. No swirls in paint, always dusted, wiped down with 2 buckets of hot water in garage (wash/rinse) and then spray waxed. No haze on head lights - look like new.

Oh and what toque curve - done on a Mustang dyno, always give low #s.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:53 PM

Thought I would post up a few pictures. Don't know if they will open bigger or not.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...k-shifter.html https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...srt-event.html https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...3&pp=25&page=2

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 02-01-2019 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Add links to pictures
Old 02-02-2019, 08:28 PM

Adding more links to what has been done to this SRT-6
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...yesterday.html

Removing resonator - the shop just happened to have some show quality stainless pipe left from doing a show car.https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tor-today.html

Wheels with slicks. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-slicks-3.html

Old 02-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Steve a local dealer can reset the air bag light for you. May charge you, may not if you know someone. I thought about selling out as well with retirement approaching, but like you, I have a lot of time and $$$ in both mine. Both mine broke the 11’s just for bragging rights. Never had the time to go to the track to race them. I’d sell both mine for the right $$$ but it isn’t going to happen, so my sons may have to fight over them lol. Hope things are well in southern Indiana...

Old 02-04-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Steve a local dealer can reset the air bag light for you. May charge you, may not if you know someone. I thought about selling out as well with retirement approaching, but like you, I have a lot of time and $$$ in both mine. Both mine broke the 11’s just for bragging rights. Never had the time to go to the track to race them. I’d sell both mine for the right $$$ but it isn’t going to happen, so my sons may have to fight over them lol. Hope things are well in southern Indiana...
Hi doc, wondered when you would chime in. I posted it with the air bag light on to make someone a good deal, I put a price of $18,500 and if I get the light out it will be priced at $20,000. I said due to life changes I was looking into selling the car, I beat you to retirement, not because I wanted to. Life changes in paragraph below.

In my first post on the forum it said selling due to life changes – had to take guardianship of two grand daughters about 9 years ago they had just turned 3 and 5 years old, they are about to turn 12 and 14 now. Also I’ve had a bad back all my life, I ended up having surgery in 99 when it got to the point I could not walk, hurt it again in 08 and after about a year it got better then came back with a vengeance in 2012. January of 14 I had another surgery, the disc that blew out in 08 excreted out and grew my lower lumbar ligament to my spinal cord sack, they removed the ligament, cleaned arthritics out of my spinal canal and told me the disc that blew was about gone/dead. August of 14 I was mowing wet grass, long story short I rolled the mower over in a hauler, never had a chance to jump off so I just held on for the ride. It rolled over on me 2 times and ended up breaking my back, the dead disc broke loose from a vertebrae, the MRI showed I was offset 7mm. Had surgery again Oct.14 they removed the disc, put in a spacer and had to put in 4 big screws with blocks and rods to hold me together. I’m lucky to be walking, but ended up with some bad nerve damage and have trouble getting around and pain. I ended up having to take a minimum age retirement with penalties, more like being unemployed with good insurance. Below is s the mower and models of what's in my back. And that is the only reason I’m wanting to sell the car. And I can't afford life insurance.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Valk
Bumped thread for Steve
Bump – Price drop from $18,500 to $17,500. I’m not selling this SRT-6 w/6,178 miles on it just because the air bag light came on last year, I’m selling it because I have too many vehicles. And since I broke my back that caused some nerve damage and had to take a minimum age early retirement with penalties from my place of employment I hardly leave the house. The air bag deal may just need to be reset or a component replaced, I just have not had it diagnosed yet. The too many cars is the SRT-6, 07 GMC 4X4 w/36,000 miles, 16 gen 6 Camaro SS2 w/2,100 miles, 13 CTS4 performance coupe (what I drive) , 1983 Jeep CJ7 + I bought the wife a nice little 03 jeep and sold my 06 Mustang to pay for it and then there is her 17 GMC Acadia Denali. I have full coverage on all but the two Jeeps.

I have no room in my garages to work on anything – Here are some fresh pictures and I have a folder with all receipts that would add up to over $10,000 from things I’ve done to this beauty.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:25 AM

More pictures.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,
I picked my 2nd SRT up in January. I was closed minded and wanted a non-modded one. Yours is gorgeous. If I had room for a second this would be it. Good luck in sale and recovery.
GOD bless.

Bob

Old 05-07-2019, 07:33 PM
BVS
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Steve - Is your car still for sale. I'm not too savvy on the various links. Can you tell me what mods and or send me a link. Im in Northern Maine, but I dont mind a road trip if it is for the right ride. I already have an SRT6 roadsters. Do you have the normal pulley? I love power, but I also want the engine to last. My email is schaeferbrian@msn.con if that is a better way to send me info. Thanks in Advance.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by BVS
Hi Steve - Is your car still for sale. I'm not too savvy on the various links. Can you tell me what mods and or send me a link. Im in Northern Maine, but I dont mind a road trip if it is for the right ride. I already have an SRT6 roadsters. Do you have the normal pulley? I love power, but I also want the engine to last. My email is schaeferbrian@msn.con if that is a better way to send me info. Thanks in Advance.
Yes, it is still for sale. It has a RENNTECH pulley and tune, it is a safe tune. They were the first available for the SRT-6, it is the same as an SLK32-AMG. If you read my post most of the mod's are listed in blue on the left side.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Steve, PM sent.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:36 PM

The car has sold (stolen) to a forum member for $17,500 - W/all original parts, slicks, every receipt, sticker, all paper work from when I bought it new and then some. I will let the proud new owner post it up when he gets it to it's new home. And yep, it took a U-Haul truck to transport everything to it's new home. ;-

Old 06-25-2019, 09:24 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I hope it was Steve (zip) that got it. It looks like him in the pic....

Old 06-25-2019, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by James1549
I hope it was Steve (zip) that got it. It looks like him in the pic....
You guessed'er Chester, just got off the phone with him. He had just had supper and stopped at a motel south of Nashville for the night. GREAT guy and I think he is very happy with it. He didn't even drive it, I can't wait for him to turn that little monster loose, he is in for a big surprise. He has never driven an SRT-6 and he is going to drive one with a RENNTECH kit in it for his first SRT-6 experience. He even got an autographed poster that say's TO : STEVE - ERIC STODDER (don't remember how to spell last name).

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 06-25-2019 at 11:37 PM. Reason: detail

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's an SRT6 Garage Queen 6,178 Miles Worth