CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Midwest Forum (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/)
-   -   Chicago-land Meet (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/17515-chicago-land-meet.html)

FP 08-23-2007 11:36 AM

Chicago-land Meet

OK, I'm going to try this again. I'm thinking a meet for one of the Bears pre-season games, or one of the early regular season games (while the weather is still nice).

Who's interested in a meet? I'm thinking a central location in Schaumburg; Champs comes to mind, but I am open to any other suggestions.

Please vote if you're interested or not. I'm targeting Chicago-land members, but all are welcome. You don't have to be a football fan, it's just an excuse to get together and chat about our cars, and bond. ;)

vetofunk 08-23-2007 12:36 PM

Re: Chicago-land Meet

Only said no, because I my car has sold and he is picking it up this weekend.

FP 08-23-2007 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by FP
OK, I'm going to try this again. I'm thinking a meet for one of the Bears pre-season games, or one of the early regular season games (while the weather is still nice).

Who's interested in a meet? I'm thinking a central location in Schaumburg; Champs comes to mind, but I am open to any other suggestions.

Please vote if you're interested or not. I'm targeting Chicago-land members, but all are welcome. You don't have to be a football fan, it's just an excuse to get together and chat about our cars, and bond. ;)

Bump... ;)

Rapps 08-24-2007 10:04 AM

We could come with the 2 teenagers and the Crossfire. I'll put the kids on the Mega Bus to their sister's in Wriglyville - we'll drive the car. :D Otherwise football??? I'm not that well rounded of a person! Gary and I could find friends to visit (or our kids) during the game.

Valk 08-24-2007 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rapp's yellow CF
We could come with the 2 teenagers and the Crossfire. I'll put the kids on the Mega Bus to their sister's in Wriglyville - we'll drive the car. :D Otherwise football??? I'm not that well rounded of a person! Gary and I could find friends to visit (or our kids) during the game.

Rapps Yellow CF...You and Gary should join us.(Me and FP and any others). We are now your extended family since the Woodward meet. We would all just hang out at a sports bar for the game. Don't worry I have no interest in sports either but it's a good reason to get together. If you decide to make it a weekend out of it, Tammy and I have plenty of room at our house for overnight guests and live close to the area we would be meeting at. Give it some serious thought.

RPM 08-24-2007 05:41 PM

Hmmm.
I voted yes.
My wife and I have never been to Chicago and have been talking about going.
Not sure when we will be able to go, but I'm interested none the less.

I'm not a sports fan either, but I do like cars and beer! :D

FP 08-24-2007 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
Hmmm.
I voted yes.
My wife and I have never been to Chicago and have been talking about going.
Not sure when we will be able to go, but I'm interested none the less.

I'm not a sports fan either, but I do like cars and beer! :D

Great, Chicago is a great town. If you make it, my wife an I are willing to show you around. Perhaps we can have a caravan going downtown for the out-of-towners.

Valk 08-24-2007 06:01 PM

Most certainly.
A road trip through downtown Chicago would be great. I think a trip down Lake Shore dr. from the Museum of Science and Industry up north past the Buckingham Fountain , past the Sears Tower and on up to past the John Hancock building with a turn around at North Ave. beach and a run back to Navy Pier would be in order. May I suggest a stop at The Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder on Clark st. for a Pizza Pie. Although parking is a bi*ch in the city.

You all come to Chicago and we will show you a good time !!!

Rapps 08-25-2007 01:17 PM

Our kids are planning when they can go to see their sister for a weekend. I'll post the info after I know/approve of their plans. One other thing is Gary and I really want to put an invisible bra on the car. After the Dream Cruise and one other drive we found maybe 4-6 more chips/spots on the car. I suspect there are 2-3 spots on the glass too.

2seater speeder 08-26-2007 09:15 PM

:D I'll be there. Just let me know when and where.

Paul

Chi-Town SRT/6 08-26-2007 10:22 PM

I would be in depending on where we meet. Champs in Schaumburg is nice...I've met with other car clubs there...

Valk 08-27-2007 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by FP

OK FP ... Pick a date and lets get a list going of attendees. I have been sending PM's to local members and referring them to this link to watch for a date.

FP 08-27-2007 12:14 AM

Where are all the Illinois members. :confused:

2seater speeder 08-27-2007 12:24 AM

Champs is fine with me. Now we just need a time and date. Maybe for the opening Bears game of the season?

Valk 08-27-2007 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by FP
Where are all the Illinois members. :confused:

We are looking for all ILLINOIS members and others who will participate in a
CHICAGOLAND MEET.
If interested post back to this thread stating that you are interested in meeting and where you are from.
We are meeting at Champs Sportsbar in Schaumburg.

fflores 08-27-2007 01:44 AM

I'd be up for this... I have planned numerous event when it comes to car enthusiast in the past... I held 2 midwest meets when i ran the midwest section of a neon forum. I am a current Board member of CSC which is all about having meets every week with 1 major event every month. If anyone need helps organizing it let me know.

As for when... just on my personal calendar, i'll be out of town Sept 14-16. I'll be going to Canada for the Canadian SRT Nationals after meeting a bunch of great people while we went to the SRT Nationals in Memphis earlier this year.

If you guys are up to having other SRT cars show up, i can also have a few come out as well.

As for the local guys, CSC (Chicagoland SRT Club) does have weekly wednesday night meets in Westchester.

Mabs 08-27-2007 03:54 AM

where ever when ever, let me know and i'm there.

FP 08-27-2007 11:56 AM

OK, I'm trying to come up with a date. Does anyone else have a date they can't make in September? I would like to do this while the weather is nice.

Uncle_Al 08-27-2007 04:18 PM

I'm taking the scooter for a roll through the south the last 2 weeks of September. Most any other time would work for me. I've never talked to real live XF owner. Not sure I'd want to plow through downtown with it, but if I'm around I'll go where ever the crew wants to go.

Xfire fan 08-27-2007 05:50 PM

Alright Champs in Schaumburg sounds like the place, a date needs to be picked. Labor day weekend is usually pretty hard for most people so that's probably out. fflores and Uncle_Al knock out from the 14th through the end of the month so that leaves Sept. 8 or Sept. 9. Who wants which day? Place your votes now, most votes wins, and pick a time.
Also if anyone is interested Augastinos rock and roll deli in West Chicago has cruise in car shows every tuesday night if anyone wants to go, I don't know if I'm going to be there or not but maybe a few others might want to meet up there just to meet each other, they have great food there.