CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Midwest Forum (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/)
-   -   Colorado Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/6659-colorado-crossfires.html)

bazyar 11-16-2004 05:58 PM

Colorado Crossfires

Hello Everyone!

Just checking to see a local list of Colorado Crossfire owners. I have seen quite a few on the road, but haven't seen anyone on this forum yet.

cwdilg 11-17-2004 12:15 PM

Re: Colorado Crossfires

I'm here.
Chris

bazyar 11-17-2004 12:32 PM

Where about? Is your car chipped? I have been meaning to get mine chipped, but the closest distributor for Upsolute is in Salt Lake.

cwdilg 11-17-2004 02:34 PM

No not chipped, yet. I may do it in the Spring. The ride to Utah is kind of scenic...lol. Looks like there are a few guys in Utah that can do the work. I did put K&N air filters in this week and there is a slight change in perfomance...you can feel it in second and third gears, primarily. The car does run a lot better at sea level then up here at altitude. Been to California a few times with it and it runs like a monster there. Going to look at the Borla exhaust next. Sounds like it is easy to make the change. Live in Castle Rock and work in Aurora. If we can get one or two more cars together, could hold a meet.

bazyar 11-17-2004 04:33 PM

I agree. I am planning on having the car chipped. The distributor for Upsolute said that i could send out my ECU on a monday and he would return it chipped to me by the weekend. He would also provide detailed instructions on how to remove the ECU. I have a friend that owns a auto performance shop and he has the tools needed for desoldering the ECU chip and soldering in the new one. He has done plenty of japanese cars, but never a crossfire. It would be cheaper than going to Utah. I live in Denver and work in Aurora. It would be nice to hold a meet if we can get more cars together. Just have to wait and see if more colorado crossfires read this.

Scott_lmtd 12-21-2004 08:23 PM

Chris and Bazyar...

add one more to your Colorado list. Just purchased mine this past weekend. Just outside of Boulder, ready for a nice day to run with the top down!

Scott

cwdilg 12-22-2004 11:11 PM

Hope it warms up soon! Congrats on the purchase. It is a great Colorado car.
Chris

cwdilg 02-16-2005 04:36 PM

Any other Colorado XFires, yet?

BLK04 02-23-2005 06:30 PM

Got one here in Colorado Springs

cwdilg 03-09-2005 12:52 PM

Well maybe if we keep posting or re-posting every few weeks, we can get a larger group together for a scenic run somewhere. Spring is close, except for the snow yesterday!
Chris

bazyar 03-09-2005 04:07 PM

Once the weather gets a little nicer, all the Colorado Crossfires should get together for a cruise around town, in the mountains, wherever. Maybe we can all chip in and order our "chips" for our cars (bulk order)

mhorn 03-09-2005 06:05 PM

Well, I may be changing from a CA Crossfire to a CO Crossfire coming up this summer. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks.

Scott_lmtd 03-09-2005 09:27 PM

I'm in, just need to set-up a day or days. Closer to the July timeframe Trailridge road would be great for a day trip, or if we do a run over a weekend it would allow some time to get acquainted at local watering hole mid-way in the run.

cwdilg 03-10-2005 09:30 AM

I like that idea. TrailRidge would be great. Hate to wait until July, tho. Maybe the road will reopen earlier this year. Not sure how the snow has been up there.
Chris

BLK04 03-10-2005 12:05 PM

Sounds good I have plenty of time in July, if everyone wants to go for a chip lets get together and talk prices. Im in.

cwdilg 03-10-2005 12:15 PM

With all the talk of a site shutdown, the Colorado folks might want to check out and join the other site. If anyone does not know where it is, send me a PM.
New member registrations are supposed to reopen in a few days. Some bandwith concerns there at present.
Rgds,
Chris

cwdilg 03-10-2005 03:38 PM

A few other ideas for a run. Cripple Creek, Central City/BlackHawk, Colorado Springs via the Black Forest, Estes Park. Glenwood/Aspen, Colorado wine country.

Scott_lmtd 03-10-2005 10:00 PM

Chris,

HWY 24 out of the Springs to 9 through Breck or 24 all the way up to Minturn, out to 25 and so on. Lots of road. If you know a good over night stop in the high country where we can all sit around drink some local brew for a few hours that would be ideal. I'll PM my e-mail address insterad of taking up the space here or incase the site does go away.

Scott

cwdilg 03-11-2005 11:18 AM

Scott. Cool ideas there, too. Any Coloradoans want to meet for an informal planning session?
Chris

cwdilg 03-17-2005 04:55 PM

bump bump bump...outta my way...bump bump bump