New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

Newport performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newport performance

Dear blingxfirebling,

So if you were me would you do the SB or ECU or both? It seems like the Newport cruise may be a good opportunity where I can get these done by rputable people thanks, pete

Old 03-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Newport performance

Peter, ...I'm thinking the same thing but need to know a few things before I do.

I purchased my XFire Roadster with 6000 miles on it. After "reflashing my throttle", my XFire seems to perform better and I wonder if the previous owner had a sprint booster installed or may even have had the ECU tune. So before I go and install or reprogram my car for a substantial chunk of change, I need to know if this has already been done.

I figure the SB would be the easiest to spot and TVT has offered to let people try one, and if they like it they can buy it. I can't imagine how I could tell if the ECU tune has been already performed. Any advice from the more experienced XFire owners?

Bob M

Old 03-15-2008, 11:40 AM

xfirenorth,

i know this is a bit off topic but where do you bring your car to get serviced? I have had a slight leak arounf the top of my window that goes down th pilar. I have brought it to a dealer in RI many time with no luck.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Forum Regular

Pete, I use Somerset. Call toll free at 1-800-495-5337
They are a bit busy. Rick

Old 04-15-2008, 05:58 PM

Thank Rick

Old 04-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CrossfireRoadster
Thank Rick
You're welcome buddy!!
Now I have to get used to a new moniker for you, just when I had the old one memorized

Old 04-15-2008, 07:00 PM
TVT_DESIGN

We will be attending the Newport cruise with our new Stage 1, 250 HP packaged installed and ready for test drives.

We will also be providing Sprint Boosters to try and buy. We'll install it, you take it for a drive, if you like it buy it, if not at least you had the experience.

We'll be bringing some CTD parts as well as our CAI. We can offer tuning, but will require at least 5 people to purchase and commit before the trip. I believe Inmotion will also be there for tuning.

If anyone has questions don't hesitate to PM me.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
We will be attending the Newport cruise with our new Stage 1, 250 HP packaged installed and ready for test drives.

We will also be providing Sprint Boosters to try and buy. We'll install it, you take it for a drive, if you like it buy it, if not at least you had the experience.

We'll be bringing some CTD parts as well as our CAI. We can offer tuning, but will require at least 5 people to purchase and commit before the trip. I believe Inmotion will also be there for tuning.

If anyone has questions don't hesitate to PM me.
I am in for the ECU tune!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Forum Regular

I must have missed it - what are the prices?

Old 04-17-2008, 02:00 AM
Forum Regular

Hello all,

Just a freindly reminder to anyone interested in Chip Tuning thier Crossfire at the event. We need a minimum of 3 pre-purchased orders to be able to send the OBD Flash tool and sell the tunings at the discount event pricing of $300.00. We are also still looking for a backup agent for the event just in case. You would need some light computer skills, a Laptop and a cellular internet connection. Agents will receive compensary chip tuning or we can negotiate payment.

Contact James at
info@inmotionusa.com

I moved this over from the Newport cruise thread. Enjoy! Stan

Old 04-17-2008, 07:34 AM
TVT_DESIGN

I'll do my best to spread this information over to the Performance thread as well, but it seems that all the questions are over here.

The difference between the SB and tune are night and day. The tune remaps your fuel and ignition tables. Leaning out the ration and advancing the timing ever so slightly. Very similar to the old days of tuning a carb and distributor. Good thing about it is it is an increase in HP and TQ, not as much as normally advertised as the tune is set up for the MB motors and they have larger injectors, but usually around the 20HP mark. The SB targets just the throttle response. It will make you accelerate faster due to the instant apply of WOT. You will not gain any HP from this mod, it just seems that way.

As for the differences in the two tunes. With an unmodified Crossfire the tunes are going to be realtively the same. We make ours a little more conservative to address the smaller injectors. With mods such as a CAI or any induction mod you will need a very specific tune. With our stage 1, the tune is completely different to take into account the large injectors needed for more HP.

Hope this helps those in question.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
I'll do my best to spread this information over to the Performance thread as well, but it seems that all the questions are over here.

The difference between the SB and tune are night and day. The tune remaps your fuel and ignition tables. Leaning out the ration and advancing the timing ever so slightly. Very similar to the old days of tuning a carb and distributor. Good thing about it is it is an increase in HP and TQ, not as much as normally advertised as the tune is set up for the MB motors and they have larger injectors, but usually around the 20HP mark. The SB targets just the throttle response. It will make you accelerate faster due to the instant apply of WOT. You will not gain any HP from this mod, it just seems that way.

As for the differences in the two tunes. With an unmodified Crossfire the tunes are going to be realtively the same. We make ours a little more conservative to address the smaller injectors. With mods such as a CAI or any induction mod you will need a very specific tune. With our stage 1, the tune is completely different to take into account the large injectors needed for more HP.

Hope this helps those in question.
Well spoken and right on the mark. Unfortunately, mine's been done but I don't have the SB done, may have to check that out.
Rick (Crossfire Trail)

Old 04-20-2008, 10:11 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Here is a price list of what we will be offering:

Sprint Booster: 300.00, installed
ECU Tunes: 350.00 if less then 5, 315.00 over five. Need at least three committed to tune at all.

We will also be bringing some CTD stuff to clean out our inventory of things we will no longer be carrying.

Clear Side Markers: 120.00, installed (3 sets available)

Front Chrome Grille: 220.00, installed. (2 available) Reason we are not carrying these is that the underneath of the chrome is not completely finished. It is completely not visible once installed, but we've had three returns. Instead of selling the other 2 at full retail then returning them to CTD, I'd rather offer them to the RI guys at a discount.

Mirror Covers: 150.00, installed (3 sets available)

If there is anything else you would like me to bring or try to get for the meet let me know.

Anthony

Old 04-20-2008, 01:58 PM

I am in for the SB and ECU tune.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Forum Regular

TVT,
I ask this due to lack of knowledge and mean no disrespect. If you can educate us, that would be helpful to our decision making process. A lot of members in New England want to know.

If we have a N/A Mercedes 3.2 and a Mercedes ECU, how is it your tuning software is specifically designed for the Crossfire? We have read on this forum that everyone has to buy the same software from Bosch to do tuning on the Benz ECUs.
From this forum, it seems the only differences in these cars that I have read/found so far is that we may have smaller injectors and the same ECU, that is tuned to perform at lower levels than the Benz.

Thanks, Stan

Old 04-22-2008, 02:29 AM
Forum Regular

Inmotion,
We haven't heard much from you! Most people are wondering why you are not commenting on these discussions. People are not going to think kindly about someone coming in and trying to sell to us without any prior communication.
Consider this an open invitation to answer some of the questions and issues I have asked of TVT.
Stan

Old 04-22-2008, 10:54 PM

Hello,

We are available to answer technical questions M-F 9:00am-4:00pm Pacific time. Our Tech Hotline is 503-608-7717 or you can email info@inmotionusa.com and give us your daytime phone number. A sales associate will contact you usually within an hour.

Thank You,

INMotion Tuning USA Staff

Old 04-23-2008, 02:30 AM
Forum Regular

Inmotion,
Why not just post some answers in this thread?
Stan

Old 04-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Forum Regular

Sure sounds like the right thing to do. If you only work from 9:am to 4: pm Pacific time, most folks try to look on this forum when they are back home, not working, etc.
I'm fortunate to be able to look at any time. I would suggest as Stan has, that this is an open forum in which TVT has responded accordingly. It's time to step up to the plate and start posting some answers to some questions.
Not to sound harsh and I apologize if it seems that way. This trip to Newport is our second one, as a group. As part of that group, I know I can speak for some others that have been posting non-stop, questions pertaining to tunes and upgrades for thier Crossfires. Business being what it is, I should think that you would be right here in the thick of things, as it were, spreading knowledge to those that need to know.
Just my take on things, not meant as an insult at all and it shouldn't be taken that way. Just being observant and telling it like it is.
Now, care to comment?
Crossfire Trail (Rick)

Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 AM

I feel kind of responsible for all of this back and forth about ECU tuning.

If you look back, I was the one who contacted Anthony of TVT and asked him if he might be interested in going to Newport for those of us doing the GTG.

I had already spoken to someone at InMotion about an ECU tune a number of months ago. InMotion seemed to have extensive knowledge and they were very pleasent to deal with. I was going to ship my ECU out to them in California but then this GTG came along.

I asked TVT why I should use him rather than InMotion. TVT spoke highly of InMotion, but seemed to be more knowledgable and Anthony, I believe, is the owner of TVT. He impressed me with his knowledge and excellent attitude along with his willingness to bend over backwards to work with us.

When we go to Newport this weekend, InMotion apparently is going to have someone with a laptop that will load your ECU for you if you chose their services. This person seemingly will have no more knowledge of your ECU than you or me and is just a hired gun to load ECU's for InMotion. I have no problem with this methodology, but I do know that when I have Anthony of TVT doing my ECU this weekend, I will have the owner of TVT there doing it in person and ready to answer any questions that might come up. This goes right along with who has been more active in our forum answering questions and sharing knowledge.... TVT.

JMHO.......

Quick Reply: Newport performance