New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

Bad Day Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad Day Pics

The hood is also shift about an inch to right and scratches on the left windshield post. Believe it or not the driver's door opens perfectly....that's good design & quality.

Last edited by Nightrider; 11-14-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: Bad Day Pics

I think that I would have fainted when I saw that!
Bummer Dude.
Git 'er fixed!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I was sucking air through my teeth when I saw that crease job. You'd think the garbage dude would've noticed before he whacked half the car!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:02 PM

I'm glad I was at work when it happenned. The part that cooked my carbs was the cops gave me a ticket for parking on the sidewalk---sidewalk is unused and street is narrow, see attachments. If I was 2 feet further out I'd be bidding out parts to you guys. Fire truck is an old pic but about the same width as the trash truck...my street has no cul-de-sac and trucks have to back down. Check out the NEW ENGLAND CROSSFIRES windsheild banner on non-fire truck pic.

Last edited by Nightrider; 11-14-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:58 PM

I'm assuming that everyone parks on the sidewalk? Yeah, 2 ft. farther out & the Xfire would've been just like Christine meets the bulldozer in the movie!
Night, can you see the fire trucks' grill logo? Who made it? I ask only 'cause more than half of all the fire trucks in the states are made within 50 miles of my hometown.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:35 AM

Unfortunately I used my cell phone for that pic. The logo is in a gold oval and apppears to start with a C.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:03 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Ouch! That really sucks!

Just out of curiosity......did the Garbage truck stop and let you know?

They should have gotten a ticket too......either for raping your car, or for hit-and-run!

Old 09-12-2008, 05:26 AM

I was at work. My nieghbor handled it. He was ticketted for unsafe backing. He did try to get my nieghbor not to involve the police. My nieghbor is a CPO in the Submarine Service...very straight laced. Glad he was there. The truck driver's papers were all in order...probally just scared.

My next car.
http://www.inventory.gpimports.com/d...r-3324578.html

Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightrider
I'm glad I was at work when it happenned. The part that cooked my carbs was the cops gave me a ticket for parking on the sidewalk---sidewalk is unused and street is narrow, see attachments. If I was 2 feet further out I'd be bidding out parts to you guys. Fire truck is an old pic but about the same width as the trash truck...my street has no cul-de-sac and trucks have to back down. Check out the NEW ENGLAND CROSSFIRES windsheild banner on non-fire truck pic.
Typical New England repurpose of the sidewalk. Pave it over to make the street wider. Nothin' wrong with that. But the police knew the law on the books and gave you a ticket because he wanted to.

And he could. (Serves you right for owning such a nice car.)
Nice guy.

I received a ticket once when traffic signals were out, the cars coming off the interstate all pulled to the shoulder to get off the high speed traffic lanes. As we inched past him on the shoulder, a nice officer (who should have been directing traffic at the malfucntioning light) was handing out tickets for "driving on the shoulder." I gave him some lip so he added "Passing on the shoulder" to mine.
And they wonder why the relations with the community are sour.

Sorry for your loss friend.

roadster with a stick

Old 09-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Forum Regular

Buddy, I feel real bad about your car. The parking ticket was an insult. It appears as though some cops just like to write up tickets, you might want to go to court and fight it. Tell them that the car was pushed that far over from impact, you might have a shot.
Rick

Old 09-12-2008, 04:26 PM

Sorry about your car Bruce, that really sucks. I hope you are able to get it resolved quickly.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:44 AM
Forum Regular

Don't let your "scumbag" insurance company know about the parking ticket. They will probably call the garbage truck owners and tell them not to pay because you were illegally parked. Insurance companies look for any excuse not to pay and I'm sure they share info so other insurance companies can get out of that obligation also.

Sorry for your loss...

Bob

Old 09-13-2008, 09:44 AM

Insurance company called they want to deduct 10-15% because I was on the sidewalk. Real kicker....it was complaints by the trash company whose truck hit me claiming they did not have enough room to access and exit my street that had myself and nieghbors park on walk for 5 years. Before that they were refusing pickup at least once a month. The claim comes to about $9K. Now I have contacted attorneys.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightrider
Insurance company called they want to deduct 10-15% because I was on the sidewalk. Real kicker....it was complaints by the trash company whose truck hit me claiming they did not have enough room to access and exit my street that had myself and nieghbors park on walk for 5 years. Before that they were refusing pickup at least once a month. The claim comes to about $9K. Now I have contacted attorneys.

You should check into the insurance laws of your state. Most places I know of if a car is parked illegally, the insurance co. can deny the claim.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:55 AM

Thanx Inferno, in most of the total denial cases the car is parked in a manner that impedes trafic..sure we've all seen those...my case was the complete opposite...parked to make more room on street. (See pic on post #4) Also the guy that was supposed to be walking the truck as it was backing was inside the truck.

Last edited by Nightrider; 09-13-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Forum Regular

Bruce, did the truck, parked directly behind you get a ticket as well? If not, you were singled out, another cause for dismissal of the complaint (ticket).
Rick

Old 09-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
You should check into the insurance laws of your state. Most places I know of if a car is parked illegally, the insurance co. can deny the claim.
Actually most states would allow deniance , if the car was parked in a no parking Zone. Parked on a side walk to allow the flow of traffic suggests Nightrider was not impeding traffic or acces. Further the pictures show that the street pavement was overlayed on the sidewalk.
Nightrider, 15% of $9K is $1350.00 I am assuming the Insuarnce company in question is from the truck line. I suggest you call on yours. Most big carriers have this in their policies, at least as an option. Worth a check out.
A good attorney, even in Norwich, would cost you less than $350 to pursuade their insurance company to do the right thing.

For the record, I am not an attorney, nor have I ever played one on TV.
Be Advised, this advice is from a stubborn old idiot who often picks fights any sensible person knows he can't win.

roadster with a stick

Old 09-14-2008, 03:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the moron backing up the truck up should be 100% at fault. What if it was a kid standing there instead of the car being there.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 PM

The ticket for both the truck and me were verbal but included on the accident report. I am talking to a lawyer (I'm a steward with the UAW which offers cut rates) this week and will let u guys know the outcome.

At the momment I see only 3 choices

Claim it on my insurance...$500 deductible and let GEICO fight them in court for years

Fork over $1350 (by taking a loss thru shared blame) for some one that can't back a truck up.

Sick a lawyer on them and hopefully recover legal fees.

As I mentioned, the trash company was missing pickups up until 5 years ago when we started to park on sidewalk. Their excuse for missed pickups was the road was too narrow with cars parked on street.

Last edited by Nightrider; 09-14-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Forum Regular

Sounds like you have the right idea but if you lawyer up, they will stop all payment. If you call the main office or look them up on line, see who owns the truck, see who insures them and go after all of them.
Sound to me like the guy who was supposed to be the spotter dropped the ball. It should be his fault if anyones.
Rick

Quick Reply: Bad Day Pics