CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New England Forum (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-england-forum/)
-   -   New RI member (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-england-forum/35962-new-ri-member.html)

crossfirefun 07-13-2009 07:24 PM

New RI member

While in Pa. this weekend I got to meet a new member who said she was from Rhode Island. I told her to check out the NE section.Maybe we can snag another NEX member.

We had a great time down here meeting up with wonderful people. More of our NEX members should try to come on down with me next year. You will have a blast.

acrispy1 07-13-2009 07:26 PM

Re: New RI member

Are NEX members allowed to leave the New England area?

blackxfire 07-16-2009 07:46 AM

Great recruiting effort Phil !! Can always use more women around !!
Are you going to post any pics from Carlisle?
Stan:cool:

crossfirefun 07-16-2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by blackxfire
Are you going to post any pics from Carlisle?
Stan:cool:

Camera stayed home this trip. Pretty much everyone else has the same shots so I left it in the desk. I squeezed more luggage in instead. Steve has more junk to take then my wife..:p:p

Crossfire Trail 07-18-2009 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by crossfirefun
While in Pa. this weekend I got to meet a new member who said she was from Rhode Island. I told her to check out the NE section.Maybe we can snag another NEX member.

We had a great time down here meeting up with wonderful people. More of our NEX members should try to come on down with me next year. You will have a blast.

I may go next year, with my new toy. I recruited a couple of new members to NEX this past tuesday night at Oakland Beach Car show. One was particularly interesting. I'll relay the conversation as I remember it.
The guy walked up behind me and asked if the roadster was mine. I said yes. He then told me that he has a yellow roadster with 10,000 miles it also has the dark slate and cream interior. This is where it gets interesting. He said that he didn't like the big wing on the back so he had it taken off and the little wing reinstated, it needed a motor but all else was in place.
Said his engine was different from mine. I put 2+2 together and came up with" this must be an SRT-6." He said that it was. 1st off I know they didn't offer a yellow and second, they didn't offer that interior. I figure this guy is pulling my leg.
He then tells me that it's garaged right now and he's off to FL tomorrow.
We continued with me trying to decide if this is what he says it is. He said that the car came from Germany, was brought over by an executive from the Pensky Group, the folks that own the Inskip complex. That's where he first saw the car. I had heard someone else had spotted that car so I know it exists. He kept the wing and that's all he's done to it. I explained that if it is what he says it is, it could be a "one of a kind" and worth some big bucks. He said he paid $32,000 for it. I gave him my card and phone numbers etc. If he decides to stay in RI he'll join us.
Interesting?:confused:
Rick

crossfirefun 07-18-2009 02:47 PM

Congratulations on the new toy!!! Looks great.
It would be great to have a couple NEX cars go down next year.