CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New Owner (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/69504-new-owner.html)

SemperFi 10-20-2014 02:27 AM

New Owner

Just got a 2004 Crossfire 6 speed manual it was a 1 owner 1st registered 5/15/2003 has 7,143 miles and never been driven on a wet street or gravel road. Love the way it handles and such torque in all gears. I put 318 miles on it in 2 weeks. Last owner put 600 on it in a good year. I find it to much fun to leave it in the garage. Are there any issues with these cars I should be aware of.

ala_xfire 10-20-2014 06:55 AM

Re: New Owner

ISSUES:
1. Sticky Ignition Key.
2. RCM solder points ( Mystery No Start )
3. Heated seats don't work ( if it is a Limited, Base don't have them )
4. Cupholder is crap.
5. Transmission popping out of gear.
6. Rear and Side visibility - BE CAREFUL !
7. All the time wasted telling everyone about it's heritage and that it's NOT a Porsche, Ferrari or Maseratti
8. The spare tire is so well concealed that you will never find it.

texas t 10-20-2014 07:27 AM

Welcome, join us at CAA6 :D

americanretrodave 10-20-2014 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by SemperFi (Post 816014)
Just got a 2004 Crossfire 6 speed manual it was a 1 owner 1st registered 5/15/2003 has 7,143 miles and never been driven on a wet street or gravel road. Love the way it handles and such torque in all gears. I put 318 miles on it in 2 weeks. Last owner put 600 on it in a good year. I find it to much fun to leave it in the garage. Are there any issues with these cars I should be aware of.

Welcome to the forum and it sounds like you got a fantastic car, post some pictures. I picked up a SRT6 earlier this year with 8,400 miles, it's hard to log them on after such a find, I ended up buying an '04 six speed to drive and recently found another SRT6, I decided to just keep the miles off the first one; it did it's job, it made me a lover of this little car. I will probably drive the second SRT6 and sale the '04.

Dave

oledoc2u 10-20-2014 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by americanretrodave (Post 816029)
Welcome to the forum and it sounds like you got a fantastic car, post some pictures. I picked up a SRT6 earlier this year with 8,400 miles, it's hard to log them on after such a find, I ended up buying an '04 six speed to drive and recently found another SRT6, I decided to just keep the miles off the first one; it did it's job, it made me a lover of this little car. I will probably drive the second SRT6 and sale the '04.

Dave

It is an addiction Dave....get help, get help now! Welcome aboard you ole' GIrine.....enjoy the addiction.....your friend at Crossfires Anonymous.....lol

pizzaguy 10-20-2014 06:35 PM

1. Sticky Ignition Key.
FIX THIS NOW, before you are sorry. It takes about an hour, but if you let it go, it takes all damn day and you WILL be sorry.

Order a spare Crankshaft Position Sensor and carry it in the truck.
https://www.germanautosupply.com/sto...sensor-86.html

If the car has the original white "Varta" battery (and it almost cant after ten years) - change it TODAY.

americanretrodave 10-20-2014 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u (Post 816059)
It is an addiction Dave....get help, get help now! Welcome aboard you ole' GIrine.....enjoy the addiction.....your friend at Crossfires Anonymous.....lol

It is sad isn't it!

Dave

Red Runner 10-21-2014 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 816019)
8. The spare tire is so well concealed that you will never find it.

I'm still looking for my spare. I haven't taken the foam out of the hatchback. It is probably under there.:rolleyes:

Reliableron 10-21-2014 03:13 AM

[QUOTE= Are there any issues with these cars I should be aware of.[/QUOTE]

Yes you just got a great car and you will love the people on the forum and the people you meet. Join the local group and have fun. Even when they break down you have great support and someone will surprise you and make your day!

dedwards0323 10-21-2014 06:36 AM

Congrats on your recent acquisition. You will really come to love this car. And there is an ample amount of experience on this forum to assist you with any issues that surface. These cars were produced during 2004-2008 model years by M-B and the quality of M-B cars during this timeframe was much less than it is today (IMO). So there are some strange issues that surface every now & then. Just post your needs and we'll help you get thru the issues. You've already been given some good advice in previous posts on this trhead.

Later,

WindRestrictor 10-23-2014 02:45 PM

Welcome, and thank you for your service SemperFi!