CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   North Carolina NEWBY (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/69665-north-carolina-newby.html)

FASTSRT 11-02-2014 12:39 PM

North Carolina NEWBY

Well I finally grabbed one up. I have been looking at them for years and finally pulled the trigger.
2005 XFIRE SRT-6. I have seen a lot of upgrades that everyone is doing and I am following suit!

-Paint
-Brakes
-Fluids
-Performance

FASTSRT 11-02-2014 12:45 PM

Re: North Carolina NEWBY

2 Attachment(s)
This is the day I received it from TEXAS.

FASTSRT 11-02-2014 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Paint done now... I felt this was the easiest way to go about doing it.

Valk 11-02-2014 01:10 PM

Welcome to the forum
Now come meet many of us in the spring in Fontana Dam, North Carolina !!!

click >>>
8th Annual SPRING 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-April 3, 4, 5 - 2015

Speedy4x4 11-02-2014 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by FASTSRT (Post 817643)
Well I finally grabbed one up. I have been looking at them for years and finally pulled the trigger.
2005 XFIRE SRT-6. I have seen a lot of upgrades that everyone is doing and I am following suit!

-Paint
-Brakes
-Fluids
-Performance

Nice, grats on your srt purchase.
And welcome to forum.
Lots of great ppl and info here.

FASTSRT 11-02-2014 02:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
First to go was the Exhaust. I went with a Magnaflow "CrossFlow" Radiator. Went just behind the Front catalytic converters. I feel it is a very healthy sound without the Drone.

FASTSRT 11-02-2014 02:41 PM

OK I do have some drama!! My XFIRE gets a lot of condensation inside which tells me that there is a water leak somewhere.... So I went to the carwash to validate it..... my drivers side door leaks... from what it looks like the door seals are good..... is there a door adjustment?

RED DOG 11-02-2014 04:14 PM

Welcome to the forum and C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on your beautiful SRT6 coupe. Looks like you're not afraid to jump in and make some quick modifications. That exhaust looks good.

Are the list of modifications in your signature what you PLAN to do or what you've done ALREADY? If those are your plans I might suggest that you research the forum a bit regarding the Eurocharged TCU tune before jumping on that . . . Also I'm not really familiar with the EUROCHARGED HEAT EXCHANGER and the EUROCHARGED TORQUE CONVERTER but there may be some other options for you that have been detailed here on the forum. Also, while I don't want to talk myself out of the sale . . . If you get the Eurocharged ECU tune, you won't need the Sprint Booster. That's why I took mine off . . . the throttle response was TOO sensitive after getting the ECU tune . . .

Lastly . . . check out suggestions here: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post812689

ENJOY your Crossfire . . .

FASTSRT 11-02-2014 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are the mods that are paid for and awaiting install. The Heat Exchanger from Eurocharged and Torque Converter is a High throw Torque Converter that was bought from Eurocharged. The TCU is at Eurocharged as we speak.

Cooling : Heat Exchanger

Transmission : High Throw Torque Convertor

As far as intake I could not see myself paying 800 for an intake so I went a different Route. I am attaching a picture of my intake.

Is it possible to be too sensitive? I am not super smart with Mercedes Products. I would like to do paddle shifters but heard it was a bad idea... any input would be great.

Any other upgrades needed?

RED DOG 11-02-2014 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by FASTSRT (Post 817690)
Is it possible to be too sensitive?

Yes, the car became difficult to drive because the slighted pressure on the peddle caused the car to lurch forward and then you'd compensate by letting off the peddle and so forth. It was like someone learning to drive a stick shift for the first time!

TomSRT 11-02-2014 09:03 PM

Congrats & welcome to the perma-grin club!

FASTSRT 11-04-2014 06:49 AM

Thanks RED DOG I appreciate the info. Is there anything you would recommend me doing to the car?

RED DOG 11-04-2014 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by FASTSRT (Post 817876)
Thanks RED DOG I appreciate the info. Is there anything you would recommend me doing to the car?

WaveTrac LSD . . .

Da55id 11-04-2014 12:38 PM

This is exactly what I experienced until I got the Wavetrac. Now it's a dream/scream

Originally Posted by RED DOG (Post 817706)
Yes, the car became difficult to drive because the slighted pressure on the peddle caused the car to lurch forward and then you'd compensate by letting off the peddle and so forth. It was like someone learning to drive a stick shift for the first time!

Trenzman 11-04-2014 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by fastsrt (Post 817690)
these are the mods that are paid for and awaiting install. The heat exchanger from eurocharged and torque converter is a high throw torque converter that was bought from eurocharged. The tcu is at eurocharged as we speak.

cooling : Heat exchanger

transmission : High throw torque convertor

as far as intake i could not see myself paying 800 for an intake so i went a different route. I am attaching a picture of my intake.

Is it possible to be too sensitive? I am not super smart with mercedes products. I would like to do paddle shifters but heard it was a bad idea... Any input would be great.

Any other upgrades needed?

i like the intake you made.....what did you use, or where did you get the pieces from?

TomSRT 11-05-2014 08:23 AM

Also, don't forget to register you car VIN in the Database

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...continued.html

Cheers,

JEFASOLD 11-05-2014 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by RED DOG (Post 817689)
. . Also I'm not really familiar with the EUROCHARGED HEAT EXCHANGER

Lastly . . . check out suggestions here: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post812689

ENJOY your Crossfire . . .

It is wide and thick but shorter than Robs. I have one and I like it, it does a good job but I didn't care for the way it mounted, so I removed the mounting straps and welded on two wide feet to the bottom. Now it mounts using the original holes and is extremely sturdy.