CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Reversed remote unlock sequence. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/69861-reversed-remote-unlock-sequence.html)

Shamrock 11-23-2014 10:57 AM

Reversed remote unlock sequence.

Anyone experience problem with remote fob that 1st press unlocks passenger and trunk and 2nd press unlocks driver? Car has been in body shop for replacement of passsenger side door. Thanks

oledoc2u 11-23-2014 11:11 AM

Re: Reversed remote unlock sequence.

it is usually the other way around.....haven't heard of this before Maybe they reversed connections somehow....don't know... I had my passenger door worked on, and the only screw up there is they unplugged the air bag without disconnecting the battery which disabled my air bag system all together... I wouldn't think they could cross up connections if they were just working on the door.....

ala_xfire 11-23-2014 11:25 AM

What you have is the normal operation, second press to open the passenger door.
from our absent professor onehundred80 :

Instructions to change the programming you have now.
Press both lock and unlock buttons at the same time and hold them down until the red light at the top of the key fob blinks twice. Repeat this operation and the change to the programming is undone.

Mrmiata 11-23-2014 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 819824)
What you have is the normal operation, second press to open the passenger door.
from our absent professor onehundred80 :

George ... his is working a$$backwards.. drivers door doesn't open till second press.. should be the 1st door to open.. second press to unlock all.

Shamrock 11-23-2014 01:50 PM

Thanks. First time posting to forum, so please excuse any screwups on my replies

ala_xfire 11-23-2014 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata (Post 819831)
George ... his is working a$$backwards.. drivers door doesn't open till second press.. should be the 1st door to open.. second press to unlock all.

Thanks Greg, overlooked that.
Weird.
At any rate, maybe making it unlock both will resolve the issue.

Mrmiata 11-23-2014 04:17 PM

Yeah that will keep from pressing twice to get in and drive.. LOL. Wonder if running the re sync might fix it..

Shamrock 11-23-2014 07:42 PM

Resync didn't fix - suspect vacuum lines got swapped when door was replaced. Will post results when I get a chance to check. Thanks for the responses.

oledoc2u 11-23-2014 07:48 PM

I think you solved your problem. That is probably what the body shop did......