CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Leg Room? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/71785-leg-room.html)

rt1092 06-20-2015 07:07 PM

Leg Room?

Been a Mopar enthusiast (Racer) for almost 50 years. Thinking about buying a Crossfire. As soon as I liquidate a few items. Have not sat in one yet. I'm 6'4" and 290 pounds. Will I fit? Comfortably?
Thanks in advance.

ala_xfire 06-20-2015 07:13 PM

Re: Leg Room?

Might be a bit tight.
I am 6' and 255 pounds and have a roadster, the roadster has more headroom than the coupe even with the top up.
I just drove home nonstop from Eureka Springs Arkansas ( 630 miles ) and it wasn't too bad.

wbaker1970 06-20-2015 07:52 PM

I am 6'2" 285 plenty of room for me in my roadster also,
Cant give you results on the coupe.
~ Bill

rt1092 06-20-2015 08:59 PM

Thanks. I hope it won't be to hard to get in and out of. I'll need to take a look at one (if I can?) locally.
I'm really impressed with the Crossfire plus my wife loves the look of them.
I have to sell a couple of things. NHRA superstocker, trailer, and tow vehicle. Then I'll be looking for a Crossfire roadster. Probably an SRT6.

JEFASOLD 06-20-2015 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by rt1092 (Post 839852)
Thanks. I hope it won't be to hard to get in and out of. I'll need to take a look at one (if I can?) locally.
I'm really impressed with the Crossfire plus my wife loves the look of them.
I have to sell a couple of things. NHRA superstocker, trailer, and tow vehicle. Then I'll be looking for a Crossfire roadster. Probably an SRT6.

There aren't a lot of them so keep your options open, be willing to travel.

Gordymc 06-25-2015 05:29 PM

You won't be disappointed if you do manage to source an SRT6, we've just bought one and we really love it,it's amazing never thought I could love a car sooo much. Can't stop looking at her lol permanent smile on our faces :-)

pizzaguy 06-25-2015 06:07 PM

Hell, I've had to buy a one-way ticket on a plane and drive my last two N/A's home - so I'm pretty sure you will need to travel to find the SRT6 you want.

But the trip WILL be worth it.

If you have any concerns, attend a GTG where you can sit in a few Crossfires - I do'nt know of an owner who would not let you sit in one and see for yourself.

whoosh 06-25-2015 09:13 PM

6'4, I doubt it.

XFIRED-TX 06-25-2015 09:38 PM

It's not really your height but how you are built. I am 6'3" and 265 lbs. and I fit comfortably. I have the seat all the way back. What I am getting to is how are you proportioned? With my height and the seat all the way back, I am comfortable but I only have a 31 inch inseam (short legs for 6'3"). Where I have had an issue is with the length of my torso. If I'm short in the legs, I have to make up my height be being long in the torso. I have a roadster and when sitting in the car, I still have headroom. The only time I recall a problem with headroom was on a dirt road, I hit a hole and I almost knocked myself out when my head hit the crossbar of the roof.

So, the only way to know for sure is to find one for sale and test drive it.