CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Newbie Question (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/72951-newbie-question.html)

TNichols 11-02-2015 01:50 AM

Newbie Question

5 Attachment(s)
I just bought a 2005 with 66,000 miles and flawless interior and exterior. I have read the owners manual and cannot find a reference to a lighted toggle button to the right of the headlight switch. This button has a led that illuminates when the engine is running and if you depress the upper side of the button a beeping sound can be heard from the dash close to the radio. I can't find any reference to it in the manual that I downloaded from the web. Maybe that manual is covering a different model, but any tips would be appreciated.

robby363 11-02-2015 06:09 AM

Re: Newbie Question

Any pictures of it? It sounds like something aftermarket that someone installed.

ala_xfire 11-02-2015 06:46 AM

Birmingham Alabama or England ?
I'm not too far from you if Alabama, bring it by and I'll have a look.
Look me up here, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck ;)

onehundred80 11-02-2015 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 851663)
Birmingham Alabama or England ?
I'm not too far from you if Alabama, bring it by and I'll have a look.
Look me up here, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck ;)

Steering wheel or rear lights should tell you which country.

ala_xfire 11-02-2015 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 851665)
Steering wheel or rear lights should tell you which country.

Good point, I didn't even look.
Now that I did look, I'd say the amber front markers scream USA, however the rear parking sensors are somewhat unusual ......

( And it wasn't raining in the pictures, so not England )

onehundred80 11-02-2015 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 851667)
Good point, I didn't even look.
Now that I did look, I'd say the amber front markers scream USA, however the rear parking sensors are somewhat unusual ......

( And it wasn't raining in the pictures, so not England )

I read this initially on my iPad and the pics are not too clear on it, on my desktop it is LHD, NA rear lights and it is not raining. The street picture is NA, there is always a different look to UK streets. If there was a lorry showing it would give it away.;) The truck over the road says it could be anywhere.
I always reckon I would have been a bit taller if it hadn't been for the rain.
Maybe the switch has something to do with the back up sensors?

robby363 11-02-2015 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 851668)
Maybe the switch has something to do with the back up sensors?

I bet that's what it is. The backup sensors do have a switch for the dash and it would explain the beeping sound they hear.

TNichols 11-02-2015 09:43 AM

I did some research this morning and discovered that the switch controls the power to an aftermarker ultrasonic back-up system. Napoer Car Parking Sensors Reverse Radar System

The car does seem to have bad blind spots and I guess a previous owner decided to give himself some help backing up. I will test the system today and see if it works very well.

The car is so pretty that I find it difficult to believe that someone would drill holes in the rear bumper to mount the sensors. On second look, they did not even space them perfectly. Still a beautiful car though.

I will have to post some better pictures. The ones shown are from the dealer ad and are very low resolution.

onehundred80 11-02-2015 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by TNichols (Post 851657)
I just bought a 2005 with 66,000 miles and flawless interior and exterior. I have read the owners manual and cannot find a reference to a lighted toggle button to the right of the headlight switch. This button has a led that illuminates when the engine is running and if you depress the upper side of the button a beeping sound can be heard from the dash close to the radio. I can't find any reference to it in the manual that I downloaded from the web. Maybe that manual is covering a different model, but any tips would be appreciated.

I had an old car once and it too had a floorless interior.;)