CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Old member is back (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/73107-old-member-back.html)

boostmonkey 11-24-2015 03:55 PM

Old member is back

I've been gone so long I feel like a new member. I started a new job (same company) at the beginning of the year and I chose to stay off the car forums so that I could focus on my new job - it has kept me VERY busy. I'm back now though and excited to see what has been going on.

onehundred80 11-24-2015 04:36 PM

Re: Old member is back

Originally Posted by boostmonkey (Post 853276)
I've been gone so long I feel like a new member. I started a new job (same company) at the beginning of the year and I chose to stay off the car forums so that I could focus on my new job - it has kept me VERY busy. I'm back now though and excited to see what has been going on.

Ah! They caught up with you and fired you?:p
Welcome back.

boostmonkey 11-25-2015 06:32 PM

I still have them fooled. ;) I can't work all the time though.

onehundred80 11-25-2015 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by boostmonkey (Post 853390)
I still have them fooled. ;) I can't work all the time though.

That's the spirit, a good job is hard to find these days unless you live in China. :(

Squirrel Crusher 11-25-2015 10:06 PM

Welcome Back......Squirrel Crusher

amx1397 11-26-2015 09:35 AM

work,work and more work. i retired in 2006 and will never work again, now i play. welcome return to you

boostmonkey 11-27-2015 07:09 PM

Thanks guys. :). I have some updates to post. I made a new version of my custom intake that I like a little better. I will get pics and update my thread. I blew up a 2nd differential. Unitrax hardened and treated a new set of gears for this one so hopefully it will hold up. Wavetrac was awesome and gave me a really good deal on rebuilding the lsd with updated parts. It wasn't their lsd that failed, it was the pinion gear. My 2nd OEM intercooler is leaking so I have one from Rudy on the way. Oh, and tires, I need to glue my MT et street Radials to their rims. The tires are slipping on the rims on drag launches. :o
My POS Innovate scanner/data logger died so I just bought the Torque Pro app and a obdlink obd2 adapter. It looks very promising.

Squirrel Crusher 11-27-2015 08:53 PM

How did you know your tires were slipping on the rim? Did they loose their balance or did you have a line painted from your tire to rim? Squirrel Crusher

boostmonkey 11-28-2015 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher (Post 853510)
How did you know your tires were slipping on the rim? Did they loose their balance or did you have a line painted from your tire to rim? Squirrel Crusher

I had been having a lot of problems with them going out of balance. I wasn't sure what was wrong. Were they throwing wheel weights? Wearing unevenly during burnouts? I had them rebalanced a few times, then switched tire shops doing the balancing, bit the vibration still came back. It is hard on your nerves driving home from the drag strip with a new driveline vibration. Finally, one day I marked the wheels and tires with dial-in on a long shot. I didn't expect to see any movement.

amx1397 11-28-2015 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by boostmonkey (Post 853522)
I had been having a lot of problems with them going out of balance. I wasn't sure what was wrong. Were they throwing wheel weights? Wearing unevenly during burnouts? I had them rebalanced a few times, then switched tire shops doing the balancing, bit the vibration still came back. It is hard on your nerves driving home from the drag strip with a new driveline vibration. Finally, one day I marked the wheels and tires with dial-in on a long shot. I didn't expect to see any movement.

I see you were running 11.8 what is the 60' and what air pressure r u running?
and what tires? jim

boostmonkey 11-30-2015 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by amx1397 (Post 853526)
I see you were running 11.8 what is the 60' and what air pressure r u running?
and what tires? jim

They're MT ET street radials. 255/50/16 on 16x7 rims. I usually run right around 16 psi and they hook great. Very consistent 1.7x second 6' times.
Running 17-18 psi helps prevent the tires from slipping on the rim, but puts me at risk of the tires slipping on the track slightly. At 16 psi with a 1400 rpm stall I can usually go straight to WOT on the launch with no wheelspin.