New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New member in South Yorkshire - England

Old 03-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New member in South Yorkshire - England

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased a Crossfire, 2006 model, Auto, 80000 miles on the clock. I'm collecting the car later today. I had short-listed the Honda S2000 and BMW Z5 before buying this but I've always been an alternative kind of person so the uniqueness of the Crossfire really got me, I also love it's masculine aggressive styling in black even though mine is not black.

I am yet to know whether I will love or hate it, I hope I will really love it and fingers crossed there won't be any mechanical faults, I have already ordered a Bosch Crankshaft sensor along with 1/4 ratchet and 11 inch extension with 8mm female torx that I will keep in the car in case the crankshaft sensor goes bad. Other than that I have asked the dealer to thoroughly inspect the fuel lines. I trust they will have a good look through the engine and the car will come with a service and 12 month MOT.

I have previously owned a few Audi A3's, 2.0 TDI diesels and was totally in love with Audi's but after turbo problems on my current Audi I swore never to buy a car that has a turbo again.

As for the Honda S2000 and BMW Z5 that I had shortlisted apparently the BMW Z5's engine as as solid and reliable as a rock and one can't deny that it's interior has superb quality, as for the Honda S2000 it's cockpit shows it's very driver oriented, perhaps much more than the Crossfire but I didn't choose the Honda S2000 as it was too expensive and came with high mileage, the BMW Z5's where too pricy too.

I live in South Yorkshire, England, a young guy who loves cars. Hopefully all I'll get from my Crossfire is pure enjoyment. As for the parts I am thinking of buying a rear and front bumper to keep in my garage as spares only if I find some for VERY VERY CHEAP prices.

Please share your comments to a new Crossfire owner like myself and also please recommend which parts that are very hard to find that I should stock up on. I'm very dissapointed that in the UK the Fiat group - Jeep and Fiat etc don't offer service for the Chrysler Crossfire. Do Mercedez service centres service the Chrysler Crossfire?

Thanks,

Cross4ya.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New member in South Yorkshire - England

Hi Cross4ya welcome to the forum. It's a great place for info an DIY tips an advice.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:35 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New member in South Yorkshire - England

Hey welcome to the forum!