New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Cranks and no start

Old 01-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cranks and no start

Started few months ago , would be great running down road. Next shut down stall and have to slap rum box and would start. Replaced rum...fuel pump relay mb part. Then crank sensor went. Mb part again. Next thought fuel filter was clogged. Sluggish and hard to start. After filter change the car was same. Got mb fuel pump next. New pump now and have to cycle key 6-8 time's and barely start's and misfires. Mb can sensor and no change.. PLEASE HELP running out of cash.......

Old 01-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Cranks and no start

Try the camshaft sensor since you have already done the RCM, CPS, fuel filter and pump.
Measure the battery voltage before start - 12.1 or better ?

Actually, the 6 to 8 times with the key indicates low fuel pressure even though your have replaced that junk. Try measuring the pressure at the fuel rail test point passenger side front of the engine.
Should be over 50 lbs/sq inch.

Is the compression OK on all 6 cylinders ?

Old 01-11-2017, 04:04 PM

Did cam sensor as well. Mb part , do not have fuel pressure adaptor for rail. Before cranking no pressure. After do. Back at fuel filter return has a small in line check valve??? What is this ? And what is it for.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

The filter does indeed have a check valve that should maintain pressure for quite some time after the engine is shut off.
To see if this is the problem, just turn the key on for about 5 seconds before trying to start, that should build up pressure.
Another possibility is an injector allowing the fuel to pass without being triggered.
Does it smoke a bunch when first started ?
Does the oil look diluted with gasoline ?

Here is a diagram of the fuel system :

Last edited by ala_xfire; 01-11-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Administrator
Received 877 Likes on 683 Posts

MAF sensor or low fuel pressure would be the direction I'd be going.
I would measure the fuel pressure before I put any more time into throwing parts or guesses at it.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:11 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by dan gould
Started few months ago , would be great running down road. Next shut down stall and have to slap rum box and would start. Replaced rum...fuel pump relay mb part. Then crank sensor went. Mb part again. Next thought fuel filter was clogged. Sluggish and hard to start. After filter change the car was same. Got mb fuel pump next. New pump now and have to cycle key 6-8 time's and barely start's and misfires. Mb can sensor and no change.. PLEASE HELP running out of cash.......
All these problems and you ask know?

Old 01-11-2017, 10:48 PM

Have waited till know, although most are willing to help , some have snarky remarks as yours is 80.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:50 PM

This is why so many belong , but only a few choose to participate......

Old 01-11-2017, 11:27 PM

Have waited till know, although most are willing to help , some have snarky remarks as yours is 80.
I am not being snarky at all, if you had asked questions at the start instead of throwing parts at the car as an idea struck you, the car may have been working now with all but one of the original parts on it.
When a car fails to start it is generally only one part that has failed not the list that you have come up with at some considerable cost to yourself.
I am always willing to help, and I have done more than most by listing many of the problems and their solutions found on this site and others.
That thread is by far the largest thread on this forum and it has been seen by some 230,00 members. I accumulated as many helpful threads as I could, converted and edited them to suit the PDF format and left the OPs byline intact.
You can see it in my signature if you are interested.
Many people sign on and then do little to improve the forum, when they do post it is to demand answers and leave bitter comments when nobody answers them. The words please and thank you are always missing from their posts. I normally do not answer those. If they get a solution to their problem half of them do not let anyone know anyway.
Frankly most answers are already here so a search and a little sorting of the chaff from the wheat gives the answer.
I'll look through your posts and see what you have done. Edit,all you have done is ask questions, no surprise there I guess.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-11-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:49 AM

Pretty big soap box you put your self on.....

Old 01-12-2017, 09:58 AM

Pretty big soap box you put your self on.....
You're the type of preek that has stopped me bothering too much these days. 99.9% of the solutions are already here, everything else is a repeat.
Remember Search is your friend, probably one of the few you have.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:28 AM

Word is ***** ... look in the mirror.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:36 AM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Dan, I think you should take your car to Chrysler dealer. Then you won't have to be bothered with the search function or people here who annoy you.

Last edited by JSK; 01-12-2017 at 06:26 PM.