New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New member from S/E Michigan

Old 04-25-2017, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from S/E Michigan

I'm retired and was looking to replace a 2000 Ford Focus that died. While searching the local dealerships I ran across a 2004 Crossfire with 70,000 miles. Dealer wanted $7900.00, I checked NADA and the dealer was about $1500.00 high. Offered them $6500.00 and ended up paying $6600.00. Only a few problems that I can see, the illuminated door scuff plate on the driver side doesn't light up, and speaker behind seat is rumbling (ordered gaskets for them). Other than that I'm pleased with the car. It's a black hardtop with black leather interior.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:12 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: New member from S/E Michigan

Welcome and enjoy your coupe!

Old 04-25-2017, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum and great members. Recommend you review the site and also the list of fixes common for Crossfires. I took the advise and did some minor precautionary work over a 3-4 month period to make sure I didn't have issues down the road. Those fixes are done and I am a lot more confident knowing that I won't be frustrated later. The inexpensive work in my opinion consist of essential fixes included RCM resoldering, sticky ignition fix, and crank sensor replacement. I also later replaced the spark plugs, changed out the thermostat with brand recommended and flushed the radiator. Next 2-4 weeks I am changing out the fluids such differential, brakes, power steering and oil and my manual 6 speed. Enjoy these cars as they are meant to be driven and therefore really appreciated and enjoyed.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Re: New member from S/E Michigan

Originally Posted by JoeP
Welcome to the forum and great members. Recommend you review the site and also the list of fixes common for Crossfires. I took the advise and did some minor precautionary work over a 3-4 month period to make sure I didn't have issues down the road. Those fixes are done and I am a lot more confident knowing that I won't be frustrated later. The inexpensive work in my opinion consist of essential fixes included RCM resoldering, sticky ignition fix, and crank sensor replacement. I also later replaced the spark plugs, changed out the thermostat with brand recommended and flushed the radiator. Next 2-4 weeks I am changing out the fluids such differential, brakes, power steering and oil and my manual 6 speed. Enjoy these cars as they are meant to be driven and therefore really appreciated and enjoyed.

Well said. Be sure no water has or can accumulate in the lower trunk wells, under luggage area, around the locking control pump/security module. With a coupe/hardtop, I think this can occur at spoiler area. Also check for blocked water drainage at each side of underhood cowling, (leaves, debris). Perhaps the "sticky ignition" switch has been fixed by now.
Welcome.

Last edited by lovecross; 04-26-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great point and I looked at that too shortly "after" buying the 04 Limited. No problem there but noted some scaling under the door wells from water accumulation which I fixed right away. Old Betsy has 101k on her but starting to purr like a kitten on steroids. Slowly she is beginning to come back to life with some major fluid changes, oil can install next month or two and some interior and exterior improvements. I really wanted to focus on her heart and mind first then cosmetics next. One thing I was really surprised about was how replacing the steering stabilizer made such a huge difference in the handling/turning. The old one was totally shot and moved in and out by hand. Gather it had never been replaced. The part is not expensive and install is on a simple PDF . Hats off again to knowledgeable ones on forum like ala_xfire and Maxcichon. George and Max for short. Super helpful and smart.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:44 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by GunHawk
I'm retired and was looking to replace a 2000 Ford Focus that died. While searching the local dealerships I ran across a 2004 Crossfire with 70,000 miles. Dealer wanted $7900.00, I checked NADA and the dealer was about $1500.00 high. Offered them $6500.00 and ended up paying $6600.00. Only a few problems that I can see, the illuminated door scuff plate on the driver side doesn't light up, and speaker behind seat is rumbling (ordered gaskets for them). Other than that I'm pleased with the car. It's a black hardtop with black leather interior.
Welcome to our forum
I see you live in Michigan so I'd like to be sure you know about our annual visit to Michigan in August
The Woodward Dream Cruise - Royal Oak, Michigan
Take a look at the link below and maybe you can join us this year on August 19th - If you decide you can just post in that thread and the other info is all available in post #1

Woodward Dream Cruise

Old 05-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome, nice group here. I am also new and stumbled on my Crossfire in a similar way, same mileage and price. Except I ended up paying what your dealer asked you for it! Great little car and a blast to drive.