New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Member in California Introduction

Old 10-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member in California Introduction

Hi, my name is Daniel Winchester. I am in Lancaster California and have just purchased a 2005 Aero Blue Crossfire with the 6 speed manual and 70K on the odometer.
I am a recovering Dodge 2.2 Turbo fanatic and just sold my 87 Shelby Charger GLHS #911. I admit that tears welled up in my eyes as she was going around the corner but this Crossfire has saved me from a deep depression over her. This car is the most fun thing I have driven since the 90's. The 2.2 turbos were a blast but cannot compete with todays technology and I am just getting too old to work on cars all the time to keep them fast. I would much rather just drive and enjoy them. So far, Blue Lightning (as I call her) has done just that. She is my daily driver and so far so good.
Everything works and I have replaced the broken cup holder with the bin, polished out the headlights and re-clear coated, and just done a lot of detailing. The next project is the ashtray that does not stay closed. Unfortunately I took it apart last weekend to fix it but the plastic bar that swings back and forth is broken and so is one side of the coin holder hinge. I am honestly thinking about removing it completely as I would never use either and sticking an oil pressure gauge in the hole. Thoughts???
I am glad I have found this forum and look forward to years of Crossfire Madness. Hope there are some California Crossfire Meets around here soon.
How about a Crossfire trip to the Grand Canyon, The Sequoias, Highway 1, etc.???

Old 10-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New Member in California Introduction

Welcome to the forum. I see your starting out , getting the detailing in order , cudos! This is the place to learn all the problems that pop up , and the solution to them. Download a copy of the service manual an you'll be well on your way. Enjoy the (s)miles!

Old 10-11-2017, 06:22 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Congrats on your recent Crossfire purchase & welcome to Our Forum!

Old 10-11-2017, 09:30 AM

Congrats on the new toy, I also am new and got the same car as you a 2005 Aero Blue Coupe, great car

Old 12-28-2017, 11:43 AM

I recently got mine 05 manual black roadster, and from California (northern), as well. I'm in the process of getting mine running again from the notorious culprit, SKREEM. I look forward to a ride, in spring or summer, on Hwy 1, perhaps to Hwy 1 Brewery?

Old 12-28-2017, 06:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to be a downer but the Crossfire is not really of today's technology neither. Glad you like your car. Welcome!

Old 12-29-2017, 12:12 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on your "new" car! Ours is definitely a keeper!