CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Last non dealer owner was a 83 yr old woman!! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/78549-last-non-dealer-owner-83-yr-old-woman.html)

Joe_Lukeman 07-12-2018 08:44 AM

Last non dealer owner was a 83 yr old woman!!

Even though I am getting to be an old fart (almost 67 yrs old) I can not believe how lucky I am to have bought a car that I think of as a young man's car... I had to drive to another state to find the car but I just purchased a 2005 Limited Roadster with 93K miles that has all original paint and has no rust under the door gasket. I think the only time the car saw rain was when it was being washed. I have scheduled with my trusted local repair shop to have the transmission fluid and filter changed, oil and oil filter changed, air filter, spark plugs, and anything else they can find fixed. The wheels need balancing as the car vibrates above 55 mph. But the car has at least 1 problem. The tire pressure warning light is always on even though the tires have the correct pressure and have not leaked any air in the 36 hours I have owned the car. Also driving home from purchasing the car the check engine light came on. The light is off now because I resoldered the three circuit board connections as outlined in this forum. I just love this car. It is fun to drive especially compared to my 2 other cars. My goldwing is a little more fun to drive but I will take the car on summer joy rides when it mostly sunny with a threat of thunder storms because it has a top that you can put up. The weather is on my mind because driving home from buying the car I ran into the remanence of a severe storm. Trees were uprooted and the highway was littered with chewed up leaves and hail stones that had not melted yet. The temperature went from 86 to 66 in just a few feet. The resulting fog was scary! Sorry to bore you with all these random thoughts but I am just so excited to own a beautiful crossfire. The only complaint I have are the seats. They look beautiful and have no stretched leather like most of the cars I saw for sale but... No lower back support. I hope the add on cushion I ordered from Amazon this morning works.
Joe

ala_xfire 07-12-2018 08:55 AM

Re: Last non dealer owner was a 83 yr old woman!!

Congrats ! You can get just a lumbar support without the cushion.

KDW4Him 07-12-2018 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Joe_Lukeman (Post 908498)
But the car has at least 1 problem. The tire pressure warning light is always on even though the tires have the correct pressure and have not leaked any air in the 36 hours I have owned the car.

TPMS is an easy fix. Odds are the tires are more than 5 years old and if you want to drive the car at all on the Dragon or spirited on any other curvy roads you would need new tires. I replaced all 4 tire sensors with the OEM type schraders when I put new tires on. Each one was about $32. After that the car needs to have a DRBIII plugged in by a dealer to relearn the sensors. Any dealer who charges you more than 1/2 hour labor is robbing you.

Also see... https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ownership.html

Billto 07-12-2018 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_Lukeman (Post 908498)
Even though I am getting to be an old fart (almost 67 yrs old) I can not believe how lucky I am to have bought a car that I think of as a young man's car... I had to drive to another state to find the car but I just purchased a 2005 Limited Roadster with 93K miles that has all original paint and has no rust under the door gasket. I think the only time the car saw rain was when it was being washed. I have scheduled with my trusted local repair shop to have the transmission fluid and filter changed, oil and oil filter changed, air filter, spark plugs, and anything else they can find fixed. The wheels need balancing as the car vibrates above 55 mph. But the car has at least 1 problem. The tire pressure warning light is always on even though the tires have the correct pressure and have not leaked any air in the 36 hours I have owned the car. Also driving home from purchasing the car the check engine light came on. The light is off now because I resoldered the three circuit board connections as outlined in this forum. I just love this car. It is fun to drive especially compared to my 2 other cars. My goldwing is a little more fun to drive but I will take the car on summer joy rides when it mostly sunny with a threat of thunder storms because it has a top that you can put up. The weather is on my mind because driving home from buying the car I ran into the remanence of a severe storm. Trees were uprooted and the highway was littered with chewed up leaves and hail stones that had not melted yet. The temperature went from 86 to 66 in just a few feet. The resulting fog was scary! Sorry to bore you with all these random thoughts but I am just so excited to own a beautiful crossfire. The only complaint I have are the seats. They look beautiful and have no stretched leather like most of the cars I saw for sale but... No lower back support. I hope the add on cushion I ordered from Amazon this morning works.
Joe

As to the seats Joe. AWEFUL. I bought a seat cushion back rest type thing from Wal* Mart
Not a great fit but does the job. Good luck
Bill T.

Nunyadam 07-13-2018 01:00 AM

I bought a cushion when I first got my Crossfire, used it twice. the seat cushion made me sit too high in the seat even with it lowered all the way. I'm only 5'8", but I sit more upright than a lot of people. (my Uline fold up 100lb dolly fits behind the seat.)
the seat doesn't bother me and I drive 250+ miles 5 days a week.

Joe_Lukeman 07-13-2018 08:24 AM

Thanks for the tip on the back support. I am not driving the car till I try the back support I ordered. If it does not work I will try other choices. My wife says the passenger seat is fine for her???? My next problem is finding a spare key that does not cost $285!! I have started to call a few Chrysler dealers to get their price and found one out of state that will do it for $200 but they won't ship the key to me and I am not going to drive to TX. You must have a lot of miles on your crossfire if you drive that much every workday.

onehundred80 07-13-2018 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Joe_Lukeman (Post 908558)
Thanks for the tip on the back support. I am not driving the car till I try the back support I ordered. If it does not work I will try other choices. My wife says the passenger seat is fine for her???? My next problem is finding a spare key that does not cost $285!! I have started to call a few Chrysler dealers to get their price and found one out of state that will do it for $200 but they won't ship the key to me and I am not going to drive to TX. You must have a lot of miles on your crossfire if you drive that much every workday.

Get in touch with Rob at NeedsWings.com the price is around $150 for a key.

KDW4Him 07-14-2018 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_Lukeman (Post 908558)

New owner info here>>>> https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ownership.html

Falkao 08-06-2018 11:12 PM

I just bought a 2004 crossfire coupe (105K) here in Chicago about 3 weeks ago and experienced similar problems with the tire pressure warning and engine warning light. when I bought it I took it to a Firestone and they said it does not show any codes. I am currently looking for a good and cheap mechanic in the Chicagoland area that can fix my rear brakes and front ball joints. Please let me know if you guys have any good suggestions on affordable tires and rims as I am looking to replace them sooner rather than later. I am so happy that I was able to purchase this dream car for an affordable price and can't wait to make some everlasting memories in this incredible vehicle.

Wadsworth 08-07-2018 07:35 AM

I know Waukegan Tire was able to get me set up with new sensors when my the battery died in one of them. You need a OEM tool to do this. They did not have one but they took it to another shop in the area that had one. They are a knowledgeable tire shop that does a ton of aftermarket rims. They are also a full service shop. As far as a cheap mechanic goes anyone with a good shop is going to have charge a certain amount to stay in business in our area. I personally find their prices reasonable. I know this is 45-60 minutes from Schaumburg so you maybe able to find someone closer.
Waukegan Tire 847-336-5305 ask for Javier.

Joe_Lukeman 08-07-2018 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Falkao (Post 910156)
I just bought a 2004 crossfire coupe (105K) here in Chicago about 3 weeks ago and experienced similar problems with the tire pressure warning and engine warning light. when I bought it I took it to a Firestone and they said it does not show any codes. I am currently looking for a good and cheap mechanic in the Chicagoland area that can fix my rear brakes and front ball joints. Please let me know if you guys have any good suggestions on affordable tires and rims as I am looking to replace them sooner rather than later. I am so happy that I was able to purchase this dream car for an affordable price and can't wait to make some everlasting memories in this incredible vehicle.

tire rack has firestone indy 500 tires for about $140 each. They look great but I have not had them long enough to comment much except they corner very well with no squeal. Summer rubber makes a big differance for a car that is all about cornering as the power is a little weak despite what others say... I disconnected the tire pressure warning from info on this website. I check my tire pressure manually anyway. Rockauto has replica wheels that seem like exact originals for about $140 each. 2 of my wheels were bent so I replaced them. Another option is google wheel reconditioning in your area. Some mobile shops repair and refinish the wheels for about $70 each. They look and run perfect afterword on the ones I have done on other cars previously.