New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Hello from PT-Cruisfire

Old 01-14-2020, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from PT-Cruisfire

Just bought a new to me 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited rebuilder. I am also buying a doner car for some of the parts I need. I don't know much about these vehicles but am willing to learn. Thanks, Mark.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20191126_111622.jpg (1.32 MB, 17 views)
Old 01-15-2020, 08:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Hello from PT-Cruisfire

Well, if I might say it, welcome!
There are pretty comprehensive "how to" and repair section(s). I think you'll be impressed.
Mouse up to Forums > technical at the top of the page here and you will see a nice list to choose from.
BTW, beautiful car there. Really like the color!

Old 01-15-2020, 11:42 AM

Thanks G Wheels, fortunately for me, the donor car I am getting has a good hood the same color. The rest of the body color is different but it may not be a big deal because the only other body color part I need is the front bumper and it may need a bit of massaging anyway. I should be able to see it tonight, and find out how good of condition it is in.

Old 01-15-2020, 02:19 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats and welcome, so does it all run good and only body parts needing replaced.

Old 01-15-2020, 03:38 PM

Speedy, yes, it was hit by a truck backing into it. Caused "light" damage: driver's side headlight, hood, front bumper and the radiator support. I drove it home, but that was only 2 minutes from the dealer that I purchased it from. The rad support looks like it can be pulled forward and welded back in place. The donor cars hood is bolt on and the bumper I hope is paint and done. I conferred with the seller of the donor car that he will be around this evening, so I plan on going to have a look.

Attached Images
IMG_20191126_111639.jpg (2.78 MB, 12 views)
IMG_20191126_111649.jpg (1.82 MB, 12 views)

Last edited by PT-Cruisfire; 01-15-2020 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Pics.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:06 PM

Buying the whole donor car for a few parts?
what are you doing with the rest of the donor car ?

Selling parts to us ?

Some I could use.

Old 01-15-2020, 07:27 PM

Speedy, yes, I began to price the parts individually and found out that the headlight enclosure with a clear lense, is in the neighborhood of $450 - 600, the hood is about $350 - 400 the parts car is just North of that for about $500 more. The car I have has a branded {salvage} title, the parts car has a clear title, and only 53,000 miles. I am not going to mention that it comes equipped with the OEM fixed rear spoiler. So I just couldn't pass it up.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:52 PM

Had the opportunity to drive out of state and do a walk around of the donor car. Hood is spotless, driver's headlight as well. Front bumper is not any better than the one I have already, but just has the damage on the opposite side however that is not much of a surprise since the vehicle was hit on that side. It was a bit later in the evening when I arrived so it was too dark to take any pics. Delivery scheduled for the end of this month.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by PT-Cruisfire
I am not going to mention that it comes equipped with the OEM fixed rear spoiler. So I just couldn't pass it up.
so, you have a SRT parts car ???
ir a N/A that has a SRT rear wing ?

Old 01-19-2020, 02:10 AM

It is an N/A with a rear OEM fixed spoiler.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:29 AM

Body shop has all exterior parts painted + the fixed spoiler from the parts car. Just waiting for the removal and replacement of the rad support, then it will need painted. I agreed to reassemble all parts I removed prior to taking it to the body shop so it may be a couple days or so before it's complete. Pics to come soon.
P.S. On a lessor note since this is a salvage title vehicle I will need to get an appointment scheduled for the inspection, these are 3 weeks to over a month away.

Old 07-19-2020, 01:16 PM

Have repaired / repainted hood, bumper on, also grills and headlights / foglights. Had to do a Chrisfix on one of the headlights. I tried to attach a couple of images but a message indicated I don't have this privilege. I am not planning to put on the fixed spoiler until after I get passed salvage inspection on the 28th.

Anyone know what I can do to be able to upload pics feel free to inform me.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:22 AM

Apparently no one wants to see pics, that's fine.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:08 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by PT-Cruisfire
Apparently no one wants to see pics, that's fine.
Sorry but the message you got confused me and I guessed someone else would answer. When adding photos you click on the postcard icon to the right of the paper clip icon in the toolbar and select where on your computer you want to copy the photos from, hit Upload and they appear where you left the cursor in your post. Does that make sense? Describing what I do more or less without thinking is tough to write down.
You can add them all in one action by holding the control button down and rearrange them before uploading if you want.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:48 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Sorry but the message you got confused me and I guessed someone else would answer. When adding photos you click on the postcard icon to the right of the paper clip icon in the toolbar and select where on your computer you want to copy the photos from, hit Upload and they appear where you left the cursor in your post. Does that make sense? Describing what I do more or less without thinking is tough to write down.
You can add them all in one action by holding the control button down and rearrange them before uploading if you want.
If you have already done a copy of the photo into your buffer, you can do a control/v ( paste ) when the post card window opens.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:27 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
If you have already done a copy of the photo into your buffer, you can do a control/v ( paste ) when the post card window opens.

Gotcha.

Old 07-23-2020, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80

"When adding photos you click on the postcard icon to the right of the paper clip icon in the toolbar"

I don't have a tool bar, much less a post card icoń show up after I select reply then Go advanced. I get this:

vBulletin Message P.T. Cruisfire, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page, are you trying to edit someone elses post access administrative features of some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be waiting activation.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:06 PM

Passed inspection, replaced power spoiler with fixed. Looks good.
See pic below.