CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New guy here (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/78641-new-guy-here.html)

Tom3120 07-26-2018 04:58 PM

New guy here from Indiana looking for a ride

Hello everyone. I would like to introduce myself. I live in Indiana. I'm nearly 60 years old and never owned a "cool" car. A little over two years ago I was hit head on by a drunk driver while I was on my motorcycle. I now have rods and screws holding me together....but I survived. To keep peace in the house I decided to give up motorcycles. I'm not a thrill seeker or speed demon at all but I have decided that I would like to buy a small convertible sports car. I have been searching the web for no particular car brand or model. For some reason I have become interested in the Crossfire despite never having driven or even seen one in person. I always like things that are more unique or obscure. I have three neighbors and two co-works that own mustangs so I want something different. You get the idea. I've been trying to educate myself on these cars and hope to actually start finding them and maybe find something that I like. I know I want a convertible. From the reading that I have done it seems that the 2005 model year is very popular although I've not read too many bad things about the 2006-2008 either. I don't think I want to spend the extra money for the SRT-6 model because like I said...I'm not a speed junky. So that leaves me with the base model and the limited models. Cant decide if I want a manual or automatic transmission either. I've never had a car with leather seats but might be interested in trying it. Doesn't it get real hot though with the top down? So anyway, I'm continuing to research and read about this car called the Crossfire. Sounds interesting!

Larry Hitze 07-26-2018 05:50 PM

Re: New guy here

Welcome to the Forum Grumpy! You already figured out that I live in Lafayette also. I have owned my red 04 Coupe since Nov. 07 and we just purchased this past March a 08 Areo Blue Roadster for my wife. This forum and the Crossfire Facebook page are a wealth of how to information. PM me again and we can set up an agreeable time to let you look at one or both. The 04 is a 6 speed the 08 is an automatic.

Tom3120 07-26-2018 05:58 PM

Thanks for the fast response. Yeah I would love to come take a look at what you have. Sending PM now.

James1549 07-26-2018 06:09 PM

Welcome, you came to the right spot for anything you need to know about the Crossfire. Indiana is a big state, What city are you near?

Thanks, James

Larry Hitze 07-26-2018 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by James1549 (Post 909301)
Welcome, you came to the right spot for anything you need to know about the Crossfire. Indiana is a big state, What city are you near?

Thanks, James

He's in Lafayette

Tom3120 07-26-2018 06:21 PM

Yeah, I'm in Lafayette.

ala_xfire 07-26-2018 06:40 PM

Don't forget to have Larry show you the slap shift on the automatic roadster ::)

Tom3120 07-26-2018 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 909309)
Don't forget to have Larry show you the slap shift on the automatic roadster ::)

I'll be sure to ask.