New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New 2005 Crossfire Member

Old 07-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2005 Crossfire Member

Hello....purchased a gently used red 2005 Crossfire Roadster about a year ago. The wife and I enjoy it even though the weather in Vermont does limit how many months we can use it. The only issue we have encountered so far is that it only came with one key fob and when I went to get a second on, the dealer has had issue trying to program it and now even the old fob which did lock and unlock doors, no longer works. They now want to replace the skreem module....any suggestions.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New 2005 Crossfire Member

Reprogram your key yourself , the information is here on the forum. It takes all of 30 seconds. Don't ever go to the Stealership , they don't fix anything until your out of money. Call Needwings.com if you need an extra key that works...Welcome to the forum...Enjoy the (s)miles...

Old 07-30-2018, 08:10 PM

Thanks for the response......I went to the dealer to purchase the new key fob.....they could program the key, but could not get the lock/unlock buttons to work on the new fob and in fact made the original fob lock and unlock buttons not working.....they don't really know how to fix and now want me to purchase a new skreem module

Old 07-30-2018, 11:18 PM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

when I went to get a second on, the dealer
  • You went to a dealer. If you are going to be a member here, that has to be the last time you do something that costly and ineffective. You can order a key from Rob at Needwings for $159 and he sends you the programming instructions with the key. It is that simple - until you get a dealer involved.
  • If the car starts and runs, the SKREEM is fine.

Now, I get the idea you don't understand that, so let me say it again -
If the car starts and runs, the SKREEM is fine.

And they did NOT program the key, they ordered it from the same third party company every dealer does. It came programmed to the VIN to start the car - but programming the buttons to lock/unlock the doors can be done by anyone. Including you.

STANDARD PROCEDURE - TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING

The Remote Keyless Entry Transmitter(s) can be programmed by the customer without special tools.
PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE

Transmitter programming by the customer is done by performing the following steps:
  1. Insert the key into the ignition switch.
  2. Press either the lock or unlock button momentarily twice.
Turn the key in the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position within 30 seconds.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 07-30-2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:10 AM

Thanks for the reply......so I admit I am not much of a "fix it guy".....but didn't feel "safe" with only one key fob......please remember that I live in Vermont.....not much choice for dealerships.....went to the dealer in Saint Albans, VT with a fulling WORKING key fob....they took the VIN# and ordered a new fob.....told me about $180 for the part and 15 min of labor to "program it". Went back when the part came in and spent six hours waiting for success....when I left, I only had the old fob and tried unlocking the door using it....did not unlock the door.....both fobs started the car....so I left with my old fob and the dealership telling me that they would do more research.......no payment by me.....a couple of weeks later told me that a Chrysler Engineer was going to visit them and could I drop off the car.....did that and the short answer, which I did and the short answer was that they needed to find a EB3 tool.....two more weeks and they contacted me that they had it....went up yesterday for the 15 min "fix"......21/2 hours later....no deal and now they say new SKREEM module....about $200.00 for the part and they will cover the labor.....I told them I would have to think about it....so now I would have about $400.00 into a new key fob.......so I came home and started searching the web and joined this forum. I agree that I doubt I need the new SKREEM module since everything else works....including the lock/unlock button on the dashboard and the doors auto lock when key is turned on to start car....but the fob buttons do not work......I have made several attempts to "re-program" my old fob by placing into the ignition.....pushing the lock or unlock button on the fob and then turning to the on position (but not starting) the car which I think is the correct sequence....right??? So now what should I do or what do you suggest ?? Just 11k miles on it and we love the car, but really want 2 FOBS that work!!! Thanks