CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New 2004 owner (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/78953-new-2004-owner.html)

SoozyWoozy2004 09-15-2018 12:14 AM

New 2004 owner

Thanks to my Mom and Dad, I have inherited a red 2004 Crossfire with 31K miles that was stored in my Dad's barn over the years. I brought it home to The Woodlands TX/Houston area and had all the fluids drained/replaced and replaced the head liner. Need help with tips for getting the wiper fluid to spray out... possibly need to replace the wiper heater noozles.

noles 09-15-2018 07:11 AM

Re: New 2004 owner

Congrats on being a Crossfire owner. I live near Willobrook Mall. The lines may just be clogged or car wax had clogged the nozzles. You can also check and see if you washer pump is running. If you have access to shop air then you can blow air thru the lines to clear them.

Tbirdtony 09-16-2018 09:38 AM

Hi, Congrats on the 04 Crossfire. Your car sounds exactly as mine. I own a red 04 Crossfire with 33K miles. Two tone gray interior. I'm sure that you will really enjoy the Crossfire. While I have been an owner less than 3 months I really enjoy the car. Have fun with your new toy.

onehundred80 09-16-2018 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by SoozyWoozy2004 (Post 912160)
Thanks to my Mom and Dad, I have inherited a red 2004 Crossfire with 31K miles that was stored in my Dad's barn over the years. I brought it home to The Woodlands TX/Houston area and had all the fluids drained/replaced and replaced the head liner. Need help with tips for getting the wiper fluid to spray out... possibly need to replace the wiper heater noozles.

The nozzles snap open and you can clean them and the lines coming from the pump. In your area people just use plain water in the reservoir and the water turns all slimy, the slime plugs up the pump, the lines and the nozzles. If you can hear the pump running then the sytem is probably clogged up. Blowing air through the system will maybe solve it for a short while but the tank should come out and be cleaned thoroughly as well as the lines and nozzzles. The nozzles are not cheap and it is best to fix what you have, there is little to go wrong with them except for the heater and I am sure you have no need for that.
You adjust the nozzzles by sticking a pin in the hole and swivelling the nozzle to the best position, the nozzle is a ball shape.

dedwards0323 09-18-2018 07:17 AM

Congrats on your recent inheritance of the 2004 Crossfire & welcome to our forum. Sounds like the car is in good shape having been stored by your dad in his barn. Car most likely needs just a good going over from lack of use and you will have a car to enjoy. The advice from onehunder80 is solid - he's probably our most knowledgeable owner on the forum and has provided solid advice to many of us for issues we've come across.

Later,