CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Looking to get into a CF (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/79658-looking-get-into-cf.html)

YFD_322 02-12-2019 08:46 AM

Looking to get into a CF

Hello all,

I've owned many many cars. I have a car addiction. I've owned about 18 Mustangs. I've had newer GT500's, GT500KR, Hellcat, GT350, Scat Shaker, Scat widebody.etc. I've always liked these Crossfires. I came across a 2006 vert from a 2nd hand auto dealer with a little over 20k on the ticker that he purchased from an auction of course and when I was going to send someone to look at it the dealer called me and said he had an ignition issue, so he sent it off for repair and he got it back working sp then when I was going to have it looked at the dealer called me and said,"it died". He said he started it and moved it and then tried to start it again and just had lights and nothing and now it won't start at all. So, I came to this forum to read and told him it might be the rcm or the crankshaft sensor or the cam sensor, then reading on I was seeing this SKREEM thing keep popping up on here and I was about to call the dealer and say forget it I'm not getting involved with this car it seems it's nothing but problems until I saw the video by Big Daddy. First I want to ask does this sound like the SKREEM to you? Why would a car with 20k have that issue? Also, the dealer told me if he could not fix the issue they would just send it back to auction so I told him (armed with this info) I would take the car at a discount and I would fix it myself. What do you guys think? And happy to be here and hopefully become part of the CF family!

pizzaguy 02-12-2019 08:54 AM

Re: Looking to get into a CF

Originally Posted by YFD_322 (Post 918966)
He said he started it and moved it and then tried to start it again and just had lights and nothing and now it won't start at all.

Hard to say, since so many people are lousy at communication, you are telling us something second-hand, so we must rely on what you are saying, but you are relying on what the dealer is saying. This leaves us with this: There is no way to say, from your short paragraph, what the issue is.

So:
  • You make is SOUND like the car would not engage the starter - if so, it is almost 95% certain the RCM is at fault - easy fix.
    • IF you can get in the car, turn the key and it won't start, LEAVE THE KEY IN THE "ON" position, wait 30 seconds. Does the engine fan warp up to full speed? (If it does, you can hear it.) If so, it is now 100% the RCM.
  • If it cranks three times and dies, then its the SKREEM.
  • If the engine cranks over but won't start, and I mean crank and crank as many times as you try - then it can be CPS, Cam sensor, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, achy-breaky heart, anything.

In general, it is probably as simple as that.

YFD_322 02-12-2019 09:41 AM

Thank you, I will ask him those questions.

pizzaguy 02-12-2019 09:56 AM

It would be better if you could witness this for yourself.
Then if it is the RCM (based on the above) try to act stupid, so the price stays low. :)

YFD_322 02-12-2019 10:33 AM

I can still get the skreem correct?

YFD_322 02-12-2019 10:48 AM

What he told me was the first time it wouldn’t start he had it fixed I don’t know what he did then he started to move it in a different spot at his dealership because the snow was coming and he tried to crank it again after move and it did not crank just the lights the AC blower worked but no start.

YFD_322 02-12-2019 11:16 AM

Here’s what the dealer said.

Hello Scott there is no crank at all ? Drove it from our shop in Manheim Pa to here about 10 miles. parked it. Got back in it to spin the car around in the parking lot to do the video shut it off . Got back in it about 1 hour later will not turn over just dash comes on radio works /air blows from vents that is it??

pizzaguy 02-12-2019 01:09 PM

Again, does the engine fan run at high speed if you leave the key in "ON" for 30 seconds.
The answer to that question tells us a lot. (Well, it tells ME a lot.)

But since it is not "cranking three times then nothing", I'd say it is not the SKREEM. Yes, you can get SKREEMs for around $800.

YFD_322 02-12-2019 03:50 PM

Yeah the dealer only tells me that. I’m not going to say much. I’m gonna see if he thinks he can fix which probably not and use that to purchase. 20,000 miles vert for like 11k

onehundred80 02-12-2019 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by YFD_322 (Post 918966)
Hello all,

I've owned many many cars. I have a car addiction. I've owned about 18 Mustangs. I've had newer GT500's, GT500KR, Hellcat, GT350, Scat Shaker, Scat widebody.etc. I've always liked these Crossfires. I came across a 2006 vert from a 2nd hand auto dealer with a little over 20k on the ticker that he purchased from an auction of course and when I was going to send someone to look at it the dealer called me and said he had an ignition issue, so he sent it off for repair and he got it back working sp then when I was going to have it looked at the dealer called me and said,"it died". He said he started it and moved it and then tried to start it again and just had lights and nothing and now it won't start at all. So, I came to this forum to read and told him it might be the rcm or the crankshaft sensor or the cam sensor, then reading on I was seeing this SKREEM thing keep popping up on here and I was about to call the dealer and say forget it I'm not getting involved with this car it seems it's nothing but problems until I saw the video by Big Daddy. First I want to ask does this sound like the SKREEM to you? Why would a car with 20k have that issue? Also, the dealer told me if he could not fix the issue they would just send it back to auction so I told him (armed with this info) I would take the car at a discount and I would fix it myself. What do you guys think? And happy to be here and hopefully become part of the CF family!

If you have had those cars I would suggest you get an SRT. The regular Crossfire will seem a really tame to you, 218 hp versus 330 min. in the SRT.
A Honda Civic will leave you at the lights. 😉

YFD_322 02-12-2019 05:23 PM

I drive a 19 SRT GC now, I want a nice collector car Sunday 2 mile driver

pizzaguy 02-12-2019 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 919018)

If you have had those cars I would suggest you get an SRT.....

That thought occurred to me as well.

YFD_322 02-12-2019 09:06 PM

It’s not about speed anymore. Just fun and rare and collectible. And I feel these are. Oh and cheap price.

YFD_322 02-14-2019 09:32 AM

How could SKREEM go bad in a 24,000 mile car?

JSK 02-14-2019 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by YFD_322 (Post 919046)
How could SKREEM go bad in a 24,000 mile car?

Stuff happens. ?

YFD_322 03-08-2019 09:27 AM

Ok still looking. So price equal. What would you rather have a vert with 24,000 miles or SRT6 with 51,000 miles. both same price.

ala_xfire 03-08-2019 09:29 AM

I have a NA vert, but I think I'd go for the 6

YFD_322 03-08-2019 09:31 AM

I just saw this video and I owned a new GT350 lol

pizzaguy 03-08-2019 10:43 AM

That is a rather highly modded SRT6 - just saying. No stock SRT6 can do what Chuk's car can do.
He's spend considerable money on that car - only reason he can, is that Kim is as nuts as he is. :)